And so it begins

Yellow Umbrellas

 

Chapter 5

And so it begins

“How’d you do?” Yuri asks as Sooyoung sits down next to her. “I don’t know. I was doing fine until the end. Taeyeon kept making noises with her script and got me distracted so I blanked out. I’m sorry but me and your girlfriend hugged twice.” Sooyoung told her remembering that long hug they had where they both cried out tears. Yoona’s body had felt cold but a few seconds later it had warmed up to Soo’s body. She didn’t want to end the hug but knowing that it was just acting she had to. “It’s okay. I understand you did it for the part. Did you use any of the props?” Yuri questions crossing her legs. “Just the umbrella.” Sooyoung replies watching the girl nervously uncross and cross her legs. “Wait you used that?” Yuri expressing looking worried at Soo. “Yeah, You would be a fool not to. It’s like when they give free points on a really hard exam.” Sooyoung told wondering if Yuri knew about it. “I didn’t use it. I mean I did but just as an accessory.” Yuri babbled looking a little more nervous than she did 5 seconds ago. “Well the drama is called Yellow Umbrellas. It isn’t called that because it’s a pretty name. It must have some significance.” Sooyoung made known putting a confident smile on her face. Even though she thought she did okay, she felt better knowing that Yuri forgot the most important part. Therefore, if Yuri tried her best it wouldn’t be as good.

Tick tock. Tick tock. The time goes by and 20 minutes later Seohyun comes out to call the girls in. “Girls you may come in now.” She tells us as we get up. We enter the room and sit back down on the same seats. Sooyoung had left her blazer off knowing that the Director would scold her again if she put it back on. “Girls this was a very hard decision. Both were really impressive during improv. We’d like to say to whoever doesn’t get will get another pat. The part of Lydia’s Boyfriend’s Sister Lee Jin.” Director Han says to the girls. “Yuri. We thought you executed your lines perfectly and thought you acted well.” Director Han started to say as Yuri’s eyes were lighting up. It looks as though Yuri may get the part. Sooyoung thought to herself. “Though... When Sooyoung was Acting I thought I was actually watching Eun Joo act not Sooyoung. I wasn’t looking at as Sooyoung and Yoona. I was able to see it as Eun Joo and Hae Yeon. While as with you, Yuri, I thought I was just watching yourself and Yoona.” This surprised Sooyoung making drop in enjoyment as Yuri’s smile faded.

“Sooyoung. When you pulled out that yellow umbrella my mouth dropped because in the script your character does exactly that. Your character did in fact actually give the umbrella to Hae Yeon as a token to remember her by. I had almost thought you had looked at the script beforehand.” Taeyeon pointed out. “I admit. It took me a while to get perfect at fake crying. Though when acting with you I saw real emotion. It was as if you were Eun Joo. I was impressed how fast you could pull those out. Congratulations on getting the part of Eun Joo.” Yoona adds smiling at the girl. Sooyoung was so shocked she nearly fell out of her chair. “And the part of Lee Jin will be played by, none other than, Kwon Yuri!” Taeyeon injects as they stand up and clap. “I expect you girls to be at this address Monday morning 7:00 A.M. Taeyeon will be emailing you the script as soon as she returns. On Monday you guys will be reading over the script a bit, meeting with the staff, and also for Sooyoung you will be meeting the person who plays the younger version of yourself.” Director Han says picking up his folder. “Congratulation Ladies” Director Joon said as they both exited the room getting on their phones.

“I guess this means we can’t be together. Darn...” Taeyeon pouts walking up to Soo. “I thought we decided to be Friends with benefits?” Sooyoung asks poking her arm. Taeyeon slowly moves her hand up and down Sooyoung’s bare arm. “Damm.... Really wish you didn’t get that part.” Taeyeon flirtatiously says.

Ring Ring Ring Sooyoung’s phone rings aloud. Sooyoung checks the caller, Hyoyeon. “Really? I’m sorry I have to take this.” Sooyoung tells them exiting the room. “That better not be your secret girlfriend!” Taeyeon yells at her before she disappears. Once she is outside the place Sooyoung answers the phone yelling, “WHAT?!!”  Angry at the fact she ruined the good mood. “Is this true? You’re dating famous Writer Taeyeon? I saw this article online and I wanted to make sure it wasn’t true right.” Hyoyeon asks confused. “Well... We’re only friends with benefits. Taeyeon doesn’t date members of her cast. And you know I don’t date my bosses.” Sooyoung reassures her. “Wait??! Did I just hear that correctly?? Are you saying that you are a member of her cast? I know you wanted to be an Actress but already?” Hyoyeon cut Sooyoung off to add her input. “Well... You just called right after I passed the final audition for the second main character for her drama Yellow Umbrellas.” Sooyoung sighs remember that Hyoyeon cut her off. “WAIT I did what?? I’m so sorry!! I’ll let you go back. Congrats. Now I get to say I’m the first one you told hehe.” Hyoyeon cheers hanging up the phone.

“There you are” Yoona says walking up to me. “Sorry I had to take a phone call.” Sooyoung replies pulling down her phone. “Well let me help you there.” Quickly taking Sooyoung’s phone ,Yoona takes a picture, and adds her number. “Here. Since we will be working together most of the time I’d thought I give you my number. Congratulations on the part. I kind of knew you were going to get it all along. Taeyeon says you have something special. Let’s hope she’s right.” Yoona tells her smiling proudly. “Thanks Yoona. Can’t wait to start working with you on Monday.” Sooyoung tells her smiling back. She couldn’t help it but Yoona’s smiles were so dam cute it melted her heart. “Call me if you need any advice or just anything. Taeyeon you told me you live in Seoul too. I’ll come right over if you call.” Yoona tells her right before Yuri came out of the doors.

“Congrats Yuri.” Sooyoung cheers smiling at the girl. Yuri just gives her a dirty look and  looks away. “You better go comfort her.” Sooyoung expresses knowing that Yuri must be really mad for not getting the part. Sooyoung quickly calls up her best friend to tell her the news.

Later that Night at a restaurant.

 

“To getting the part of Lee Jin in Yellow Umbrellas” Yoona cheers pressing her wine glass against Yuri’s. “Come on cheer up!” Yoona tells her pushing her glass towards her. “No...” Yuri murmurs pushing the glass away. Yoona knows one thing that could cheer her up, her Aegyo.  “Buing Buing” Yoona cutely says, making her hands into fists, and curling them by her cheeks to make it look like tears. Yuri quickly blushes as she tries to hide her smile. “I’m just disappointed that’s all” Yuri expresses drinking the wine glass. She knows that Yoona does not drink for just anyone or do Aegyo for that matter. Aegyo was something Yoona does only for her girlfriend or when she wants something badly. “Hey I still get to see you every day.” Yoona tells her grabbing her empty hand.

“But you will be spending it with Sooyoung...” Yuri pouts, placing down her wine glass to slap Yoona’s hand. “It’s just acting Yuri. I’m with you. If you get jealous just let me know. I want no secrets between us. I want you to be able to come to me for anything.” Yoona tells her holding her hand tighter. “You always know the right words.” Yuri replies smiling. Yoona’s eyes light up, not because of Yuri, but because the food had arrived. If there was anything Yoona liked more than her girlfriend, it was food. Since she’s an actress, she’s always told to watch her weight. So when she see’s food she always wants to eat it all even though she can’t. “Haha I knew it wasn’t me that could make you smile like that.”  Yuri brought forth as the kimchi was placed on in front of her. “What I would do to make you smile like that.” Yuri adds watching the girl scarf down the food.

“That’s why they call me the shikshin.” Yoona murmurs swallowing the food. Yuri got a salad because she gained a few pounds since she hasn’t been modeling. When she was a model they always told her she wasn’t skinny enough. That’s one of the reasons she quit. Therefore, she could eat freely just as long as she kept her weight at a normal. “It’s vegetarian kimchi. It’s healthy!” Yoona yelled because Yuri was staring at her in disgust that she could chow it all down. Yuri continues to stare at her as Yoona finishes her plate. Yuri barely made a dent into her salad. “Are you gonna be friends with her?” Yuri asks pushing her salad around. “With Sooyoung? Well there’s nothing wrong with that right? She seems cool.” Yoona responds batting her eyelashes to sweeten up the deal. “Eat!” Yoona orders poking at her salad. “Did I tell you your character gets to order Sooyoung’s character around? You are her boss. You run a very successful even planning business and she’s you assistant you torture. The only reason she works for you is that she tried to steal from you after she got fired. You felt bad so you took her under your wing and torture her.” Yoona explains hoping this may cheer up Yuri.

“Really?” She perks up hearing the words torture and Sooyoung. You must really be mad at her. You tried your best Yul. What more can you do?” Yoona sadly tells her knowing Yuri hated that. “I’ll be good Yoon. I promise.” Yuri responds fake smiling for Yoona. She knows that if She didn’t get along with Sooyoung she wouldn’t hear the end of it from her girlfriend.

 

Monday Morning The First Day of Filming

In the giant office/read through room. “I’d like to welcome you all to the first day of filming for Yellow Umbrellas.  Every day we will meet here to discuss the days agenda. At lunch hour you will have 1hr to go get food from the cafeteria or bring your lunch if you prefer other foods. I expect you use that hour wisely not eating up all the food.” Taeyeon begins as she points to Seohyun who pulls up today’s schedule. “This morning in here we will have a general read through of the scenes. You can get to know your cast mates etc. People working on the sets and filming you will follow Director Han where he will show you where it all happens. Director Joon and I will be here introducing you all if you don’t know each other. Then once that’s over lunch time will begin. Cafeteria is right down the hall past the set area if you get lost.  Then after that  Director Joon will be taking some of you to location today where he will show you around the area.  Once it gets dark I expect you back here so we can start the first read through. Those not in the scene can go home and read over their parts for the script. Since most of the cast isn’t in the past you don’t have to come to the read through. Except for the main characters you girls both have to stay so you can get used to your characters.” Taeyeon reads a loud pointing at the projection screen with a stick. Since she is short she can’t point some places with her hands.

“Any questions?” She shouts hoping that everyone can hear her. Right as she says that Sooyoung’s stomach growls as she tries to cover it up with her hands. “I guess someone skipped breakfast...” She points out looking at Sooyoung who embarrassingly tries to hide her face. “Sorry I was a little nervous so I skipped breakfast.” Sooyoung nervously replies since everyone is staring at her. “Seohyun, call in the lady with the breakfast cart please. We can’t have our main star STARving.” She emphasizes the star part hoping to get a laugh or two. No one likes Taeyeon’s bad jokes. “You guys have a breakfast cart?” Sooyoung asks her eyes lighting brightly. “Well some stars usually try to actually starve themselves to lose weight. I on the other hand don’t want cranky cast members who can’t act due to they are hungry. This cart will come around every hour in case you need a quick snack. It will change throughout the day to fit one person’s needs.” Taeyeon explains. “I’m gonna like this place already” Sooyoung says to herself leaning back into her chair.

Sorry it’s late If you didn’t read the message on my user page my Grandpop passed away yesterday so I’ve been a little busy with that. NETHER THE LESS I still want to update the story for you guys. Also Disney may be canceled.