Time for Auditions

Yellow Umbrellas

Chapter 1


Time for Auditions

“Kwon Yuri” Seohyun called out in the now crowded room outside the audition room. “Good Luck Enemy Yul.” Sooyoung cheered as she slapped her . “Ow...!” Yuri snapped as she walked in. Tick Tock Tick Tock soon the time went by and Yuri came out smiling. “Good luck Enemy Soo.” She stated, patting Soo on the head, and leaving the place. “Choi Sooyoung.” Seohyun called out to her as she stood up. Walking into the big room slowly was a table at the back with Taeyeon and Yoona sitting at it. “Hello my name is Choi Sooyoung and I am auditioning for the part of Lydia’s best friend Eun Joo.” I boasted out proudly. “Choi Sooyoung do you know anything about this drama prior to auditioning for the part?” Taeyeon asked looking down at a piece of paper. “No Mam. All I really know is that Eun Joo is supposed to be her child hood best friend. But then Lydia has to leave to France because her Dad doesn’t want her there because she’s not his daughter.  Then she comes back to Seoul 15 years later and somehow they get slowly reunited.” Sooyoung told looking a little confused. She should had looked up more about her character before she went into the audition.

“This should be interesting then. Tell me how do you think your character should act then?” Taeyeon questions looking from her paper. “I would think of her as the best friend who was always there for her. Always stood up for each other had each other’s back no matter what. Someone was bullying her I’d say “YA! Don’t touch my friend unless you want a fist in your face!” and chase them down the street. Then when Lydia would leave I would wait for her to return. Because that’s what she would tell me. She would return to me. And I will wait for her to return.” Taeyeon’s eyes lit up. This girl was brilliant. She knew nothing of the character but hit it right on the spot on what she wanted the character to be. She fit the part perfectly and for knowing nothing either. This girl definitely has some spark in her no wonder she liked from the start. “That’ll be all.” Taeyeon states looking down at the paper. She didn’t want to show that she had already made up her mind after seeing that performance. “That’s it? Shouldn’t I read off my lines I practiced or something?” Sooyoung asked looking confused again. “Nope that’s all you can go” Taeyeon said seriously, lifting up her hand, and shooing Sooyoung away. “You will get a call in a few days stating if you got the part or not.” Taeyeon declares.

“Thank you” Sooyoung expresses leaving the room. Taeyeon quickly texts Seohyun to send a message to Sooyoung. “Sooyoung wait.” Seohyun called running after the girl. “What?” Sooyoung asks confused my Taeyeon’s Assistant wanted her? “Taeyeon Unnie wanted me to tell you before you go that if you’re not free tomorrow night she wants to buy you a drink. She’ll text you the details if you say yes.” Seohyun mumbled. She didn’t like that her boss was always going out with other girls that broke her heart. She knew this girl wouldn’t do it but Seohyun always felt something special with her Unnie. She always did what Unnie said though because if it made her happy she was happy.

Sooyoung quickly remembers what Taeyeon stated from earlier. If you don’t get the part I’ll buy you a drink. Did this mean she didn’t get the part? She didn’t even get to say her lines. Well at least she could get a meal out of this chick. Plus she was kind of cute too. “Tell her I’d like a drink” Sooyoung stated as she got into the taxi.

Back at Sooyoung’s apartment

“Sooyoung it’s okay there will plenty of other auditions! You will do better next time. Your first isn’t always the best” Sica whispered patting the crying Sooyoung. She had been crying ever since she got home. “I didn’t even get to read my lines!” She wailed crying on Sica’s lap. “Well... it couldn’t have been that bad.” Jessica stated. “She said earlier that if I didn’t get the part she would ask me out. She asked me out! Well actually her assistant did for her.” Sooyoung reminisced sobbing. “Did you say yes?” Jessica asked smiling a bit. “Yes... She’s cute and short. Just your type. Maybe I should set her up with you.” Sooyoung stops crying to smile. “Nah. Besides my singing partner should be flying in shortly.” Sica states rubbing her hand down Sooyoung’s back. “I guess she will be staying here. Is she cute?” Sooyoung asks popping up. Sooyoung always liked meeting Jessica’s cute friends. Especially if they were lesbians like her. “I will not give you permission to flirt with my partner. That’s my job. Plus I don’t even know what she looks like. All I know is that I heard her sing and it’s good.” Jessica points out. “Why do you always keep the good ones?” Sooyoung laughs.

Back at the Audition room.

The last audition ended 15 minutes ago and the girls both sat conversing at the table. “Yuri was pretty good wasn’t she.” Yoona added in. Even though she said she wouldn’t help her Yuri did extremely well today. “Yeah she’s going to get a call back most definitely.” Taeyeon stated. “Why did you end Sooyoung’s so early? I thought she was doing well for her first time.” Yoona asked looking at Taeyeon. “She was doing too well. Everything I imagined that character to be Sooyoung hit it right on the spot. In addition, she didn’t even know that the character was going to fall in love with yours. She was perfect. If it were just me, I would have hired her right on the spot. But I know I should give other people a chance.” Taeyeon blurted out her inner thoughts. “She even asked her out and she said yes.” Seohyun added in. “Taeyeon do not give her the part just because you like her long legs and think she’s hot.” Yoona ordered crossing her arms. “Calm down I already have another part for Yuri if Sooyoung gets past the second auditions with the director.” Taeyeon points out. “What do you mean? Who will she play?” Yoona asks confused on how Yuri would fit in with all of this. “She will play the evil arch enemy who constantly flirts with your character and is the sister of the boy you date. Lee Jin. Most likely.” Taeyeon says standing up with her purse. “You can’t tell Yuri yet. Though when the time comes I’ll let you tell her personally.” Taeyeon proclaimed heading out the room with Seohyun.

“Are you actually going to go on a date with Sooyoung? I know how you are picky with girl’s ever since that break up with Fany.” Seohyun calmly brought forth knowing that Taeyeon doesn’t like it. “Well we dated for 2 years then she decides to move to America without telling me anything till she arrives there and said she wants to become a famous pop star. Of course I’m picky about girls. I met you around the time of the break up remember. Since Fany was gone I had no assistant. Then you came into my auditions for an assistant all nervous and shy but you did everything I told you to do no arguing. I liked you. Besides, you always help me pick the girls. This time I need you to trust me. If she gets the part I won’t actually date her because I told myself I would never date my cast. Doesn’t mean we can’t be friends with benefits.” Taeyeon said wrapping her arm around Seohyun’s. “All I want to do is make out with her is there anything wrong with that?”

End of chapter 1. It's a little short but I promise chapter 2 will be longer. Hope You Enjoy the fic.