The Results

Yellow Umbrellas

 

Chapter 4

The Results

At the Place where the Auditions are held

“I see you’re here early this time.” Sooyoung states sitting next to Yuri on the floor. “What are you going to prepare from the script exert they gave us?” Yuri asks flipping through the pages of papers she has. “I think I’m just gonna wing it. Worked last time.” Sooyoung boasts smiling. “Don’t think you can just get the part because you and Taeyeon are dating.” Yuri snaps threatening her with the paper. “We’re not dating. If I get the part we decided to be friends with benefits. And also don’t think that you can get the part because you’re actually dating Yoona.” Sooyoung retorts. “Let’s fight later I’m gonna forget my lines.” Yuri barks as she stares at her script.

“I knew you two would be here early.” Taeyeon states walking by the two with the Directors and Seohyun. “I thought you weren’t gonna be here?” Sooyoung asks confused. “We decided to hold the final auditions today after the call back. We are running behind schedule with filming because we need to fill this part.” Taeyeon points out. “Oh I didn’t formally introduce these guys. This is Director Il Han and This is Director Kang Joon.” Taeyeon says pointing at them as they bow. “It’s so nice to see people working so hard for this role. I can’t wait to see you guys in the audition room.”

“What? The finals are today!!!” Sooyoung freaks out as the door closes. She remembers from last time she was here the room inside was sound proof so it was okay for her to freak out. “Yoona told me early so I had loads of time to prepare. Guess I don’t have to worry since Taeyeon didn’t tell you.” Yuri smirks putting down her paper. “!” Sooyoung ranted punching the wall beside her. “Hey. If you break it you’re paying for it.” Yoona injects staring down at the two. “Don’t worry I’m sure you will do fine.” “I thought you wanted me to have the part” Yuri pouted grabbing her hand. “What fun would it be if your biggest competition had no hope? It’s not fun taking the easy way.” Yoona told holding onto her hand. “Ugh fine....” Yuri grumbled letting go of her hand. “Good luck to you both. Hopefully I’ll see you both as the final two. I can’t choose but I’m rooting for you. Daebak!” Yoona cheers going into the office room on the side where Taeyeon and Seohyun were. Since they weren’t allowed in the actual room. They built a half glass half-mirrored wall in the audition room. So they can see them but the people in the audition room can’t see them.

Time for the Call Back

Seohyun had left the office room to call out the names of the girls. When done they were told to wait in the waiting area till all the auditions are done. A few girls go in and out some looking proud and some looking sad. “Kwon Yuri” Seohyun states calling out the girls name. “Break a leg. Enemy Yul” Sooyoung shouts tapping the girl’s as she gets up. “I hope you didn’t mean that literally.” She shouts back turning her head.

A few moments go by

Sooyoung nervously has bitten off her finger nails knowing that she is the last to go seeing that there were only 15 girls here and all of them have went. “Choi Sooyoung.” Seohyun calls out as Yuri exits the room smiling. “Good luck” Seohyun whispers as Sooyoung enters the room. The one big room feels a lot smaller now. All the directors eyes have pointed on her. “Your name?” Director Han states adjusting his glasses. “Hello, I am Choi Sooyoung and I am auditioning for the part of Eun Joo.” She proudly states smiling trying to make a good first impression. “I heard you and Taeyeon went on a date?” He asks. “Yeah well it wasn’t really a date since there were other people there. But I don’t want that to be a contributing factor to if I get the part or not. I want equal treatment just like everyone else.” She blurts out looking guilty. She knew that Taeyeon said it wasn’t a factor that she thought she was attractive but Sooyoung wasn’t taking any chances after that article.

“Spin around for me once.” Director Joon asks pointing at her. “What?” Sooyoung asks confused. “Spin.” He stiffly said making a spinning movement with his finger. Sooyoung slowly spins around letting directors examine her features. Today she wore tight skinny jeans,a white tank, and a grey blazer over it. “Take off the Blazer.” He states motioning his finger to her. Sooyoung does what he says and takes off the blazer revealing the plain white tank she had under. She didn’t mind because they just wanted to see if she looked the part. “Keep the blazer off you look better. It accentuates those long legs.” He gestures flipping his paper.

“Why do you want the part Ms. Sooyoung?” Director Han asks looking up at her. Sooyoung had never really thought of that before. It was always just a part she wanted to try out for. But after reading a little about the character she felt she could actually get the part. “To be honest at first I only signed up because my acting teacher told me it would be a great start for me. I didn’t realize it would turn out to be such a huge role. I wasn’t expecting a call back since it’s my first time either. Once I read the characters description, I just felt like a part of me had hope that I was going to get her. I didn’t even know until recently that she fell in love with Lydia’s character. I know what it’s like to have a best friend who leaves for a while. My best friend worked on Broadway so she used to be gone most of the time and I never got to see her till the season was over. But I always knew she was there. Now imagine Eun Joo’s character best friends with someone since kindergarten. All the way, up until 12 years of age. 12 years of age is a key point in a person’s life when they start noticing thing and realizing things. Imagine the person, her best friend, the one who she has protected and kept safe suddenly say she is leaving. She doesn’t say for how long though she just says she will be back. However, she never comes back. For 13 years, Eun Joo would have to wait for her. Every day thinking Is she coming? That would be painful. I couldn’t imagine what like could be if my best friend had to go away and never tell me when she would return. I don’t think I could live with myself” Sooyoung pours out thoughts that just came into her head. Thinking what if her best friend Sica was gone for 13 years. What would she do? She would wait every day hoping she would return. “Okay you can go.” Director Joon orders waving her off to the door. “That’s it?” She questions to them wondering if she was getting let off easy because of taeyeon. “Nope we got all what we wanted you can go.” He replied motioning towards the door.

Sooyoung walks out with a nervous look on her face wondering why people kept cutting her audition short. “That was fast.” Yuri states patting the empty chair next to her left for Sooyoung. “All they did was make me take off my blazer and then spin. The only question they asked was why I wanted the part of Eun Joo.” She told her because she knows well enough that she might get the part. “Really? They kept asking me questions like why I deserve the part? What are my flaws? Any Hidden talents? Then they made me read off a part of the script.” Yuri bantered looking angry. “Wow they must really like you.” Sooyoung points out. “I betcha Taeyeon had something to do with it.” Yuri mutters. “Taeyeon wasn’t even in the room how could she had known what I said.” Sooyoung tells her. “Didn’t you notice the oddly placed giant mirror on the one wall?” Yuri asks. “What?” Sooyoung asks in confusion because she thought it was just a wall. “It’s transparent into the office room. They can hear and see us but we can’t hear or see them.” Yuri tells then adds in. “I betcha Taeyeon died right when you pulled off that blazer revealing that tank.”

Seohyun enters the office room calling Taeyeon and Yoona into the audition room. Looks like the Directors made up their minds. A few moments later Seohyun comes out of the room. “Okay girls. If you do not already know today is also going to be the day for the final audition. Only two will be allowed for the final audition. The directors have made a decision. The two names I call shall enter in the room for one last audition with the Directors, Writer Kim Taeyeon, and the main actress Im Yoona.” She announced to all of us the girls in the room. “First name I’d like to call, Kwon Yuri.” She calls out as Yuri jumps out of her seat. “In your face Sooyoung.” Yuri boasts. “The second name I’d like to call is Choi Sooyoung. Congrats girls. You have made it to the final audition.” She adds. “How did I not see this coming?” Yuri says as the two girls re-enter the audition room.

They both sit down on the seats placed for them as everyone behind the table stares at them. “You two have been called here because the Directors thought you two were the best out of the group of girls for the part of the final audition. For your final audition we thought we’d do something different.” Taeyeon reads aloud to the girls as she points to Yoona who stands up. “You girls will be playing your character and must improvise and free style a scene with no script. This is a little different since you will be playing your characters when they are young. You must re-create the scene where Eun Joo and Lydia say their last goodbyes because Lydia has to go away. There is a prop box over there if you want to use any of the props given to you as a prop.” Yoona advised placing the box by them. Inside the box were a few books, a calculator, a few handbags, and a dusty old yellow umbrella. Sooyoung felt happier once she knew it was improve because she beat Yuri in that in acting class. In addition, one prop was pretty obvious to her and caught her eye immediately, the yellow umbrella. It may just look like a dusty old yellow umbrella but it was put there for a reason. There must be a reason why this drama is Called Yellow Umbrellas if it had no significance. I mean you just don’t name a drama Yellow Umbrellas just because it sounds nice. You’d be stupid not to use that.

“Would any of you like to volunteer to go first?” Yoona asks staring down the girls. Kwon Yuri quickly shots up her hand and Sooyoung knew she was going to do that anyway so she kept her hand down. “Okay sooyoung. This means you have a small advantage over what you want to think about so use it wisely.” Yoona states as Sooyoung leaves the room.

Sooyoung spent the remaining time thinking of ideas she could do. She was nervous because since Yuri wasn’t really good at improve she always tried to improve on it the best. “Choi Sooyoung” Seohyun calls out as a smiling Yuri came out of the room. “Break a leg” Yuri says smacking Soo’s before she enters.

“Eh hem.” Director Joon coughs at Sooyoung right as she enters the room. She them remembers she put her blazer back on. She quickly takes it off and places it on the chair. “Much better.” He prompted looking at Taeyeon. “Do you want to kill me?” Taeyeon whispers trying to divert her eyes from gliding down Sooyoung’s slim curves. “Yoona will start you off with a line. Note since she has seen the script already she knows what to say.” Direction Han indicated. “Also Lydia’s real name is Hae Yeon.” He adds in at the last moment

“You’re not using any props?” Yoona asks looking at Soo’s empty hands. “Just wait and see.” Sooyoung proclaims standing in front of Yoona. “In 3... 2... 1...” Director Han calls out as Yoon starts her lines. “Eun Joo!” She yells running up to me. “Hae Yeon! Look I found a lady bug! This one has 6 spots!” Sooyoung replies opening up her cupped hands to pretend there is a bug in there. “What’s the matter?” Sooyoung adds looking at Yoona’s sad face. “I’m going away...” She cried to me. “Like on a vacation? Why would you be sad about that?” Sooyoung asks pretending to let the bug go away as she looks at Yoona. “My parents are sending me to France.” Yoona yells pretending to kick something. “Wow France. You must be so lucky. Bring me back a souvenir when you come back.” Sooyoung smiles at her. “I’m moving to France Eun Joo. My dad is sending me to some school in France.” She wails throwing her hands up in the air. “What? You can’t move to France! This can’t happen!” Sooyoung cries out trying to bring out some real tears for her characters emotion. “My dad says it’s only till things get better then I’ll be back.” Yoona says walking up to Sooyoung to comfort her. “I’ll be back. I promise.” She adds patting Sooyoung’s back as they both start breaking out in tears. “I’ll wait for you. Hae Yeon. I will wait every day for you to return. When you do I want to know everything about France.” Sooyoung replies making herself pull out a smile for her character. She quickly gives Yoona a tight hug letting the tears toll down her face. Yoona hugged back as they both just stood there hugging and crying. It almost felt too real. Seeing that beautiful girl Im Yoona cry broke her heart. She just wanted to hug that girl forever because she couldn’t bear to see her cry like that. It wasn’t just Eun Joo hugging Hae Jin. It was Sooyoung hugging Yoona.

Just as the director was about to yell cut Sooyoung quickly says “Wait!” forgetting the most important part of the improv. She rushes over to the box, pulls out the yellow umbrella, and runs back. “Here” she states holding out the umbrella to Yoona. “An umbrella?” She acts confused looking at the dusty thing. “Oh sorry it’s a little dusty...” Sooyoung quickly dusts it off. “I heard it rains a lot in France. You may need it.” “Thanks.” Yoona states taking the umbrella from her. “Now if anyone tries to beat you up or tease you remember don’t take that. Since I’m not there to help you anymore you have to defend for yourself. If I could I would fly over there any instance someone tried to hurt you.” Sooyoung proposed. “I promise” Yoona uttered looking sad. “Now every time you get lonely I want you to look at this umbrella and think of me. Have it as reminder that I am still here waiting for my best friend to return. When you look at it remember me.” Sooyoung cries out. Taeyeon was quickly flipping her script in her hand distracting Sooyoung from the acting. Yoona quickly gave Sooyoung another quick hug and smiled. “I’ll always remember you. Eun Joo.” She whispers running off to the end of the room.

Sooyoung looked over to find taeyeon staring at her script her eyes looking wide. What did she do wrong? She knew it wasn’t her best job but why were they all looking at her like she did something odd. “Okay Sooyoung you can go. We will call the both of you in when we have made our final decision. Sooyoung nodded as she left the room picking up her blazer.

I’m leaving it off here. YES in the next chapter, we will finally see the results of who will get the part of Eun Joo.  Hope you stay tuned! I'm updating a little fast due to I go do Disney World in 6 days and I can't upload Soona Fanfiction there.