Chapter 4

Love Comes Softly

 

After the reception, the pair changed and headed to the airport with their parents. Because school would be starting in a week, Haneul and Yoochun were not going on a honey moon just yet. Their parents thought it would be best for Haneul to get settled into their new home before school started and focus on having the honeymoon later.  
 
"So you guys will be flying straight to Seoul. We will send the last few things there." Haneul's mother said while wiping her eyes.  Because she was a only child, her parents placed all of their attention on her. Haneul knew once she was gone they would be lonely. This was not like she was going to college and would be back on weekends and holidays, she was married and starting a new life. 
 
"Thanks mom,"Haneul replied holding back her own tears."I'll call you everyday"
 
"We love you," stated her father. "And we will always be here for you no matter what."
 
A few feet over Yoochun's parents were also having a conversation with him. 
"Son, we want you to be careful with Haneul-ah"his father ordered.
 
"Careful?" He asked absolutely perplexed." Umm I'll make sure she's safe."
 
"That's not what I meant. Haneul-ah is like a daughter to us. You both have been put into this situation, but we still want her to be able to do everything she dreams of."
 
"Wait what does that have to do with me being careful?" He asked still completely missing the point of the conversation. 
 
His father cleared his throat awkwardly and then blurted out, "We want grand kids but not yet."
 
"Grand kids? Oh...oh god could we not talk about this?"he asked completely embarrassed by the turn of the conversation. Did they really think he would try something with her. 
 
"Well you guys are married now."mumbled his father. 
 
"What you father means is you guys should take your time in this relationship. You even more so than Haneul. You're 26 so you have had more life umm experience. She is only 17. We just want you to remember that." Finished his mother who oddly enough was not at all embarrassed by the conversation.
 
"We will now be boarding flight B19 to Seoul. We will now be boarding flight B19 to Seoul."
 
"That's us," Yoochun said. He was happy to be getting out of the awkward situation. The thought of having a talk with his parents again just creeped him out. 
 
The two families merged before sending the pair off. 
"Have a safe trip," called Haneul's parents. 
"Call us when you land," finished Yoochun's parents.
----////----////----////----////----////----////----////
 
It was well past midnight when they finally landed and caught a taxi to Yoochun's apartment. As they drove through the city, Haneul was absolutely mesmerized by everything she saw. This was her first time in a big city and it was surreal. This is where she would be living from now on. Even though it was late there were still groups of people going here and there. This was not at all what she was use to. 
 
Yoochun peeked over at Haneul to see her staring with practically open as she gazed out of the window. He remember the first time he and Jaejong had rode through the city years ago. He was excited to start a new life as a city guy. He and Jaejoong had planned to have many girlfriends and go to many parties while they lived there. Of course he was never able to do that. He fell in love right after he arrived and had stayed tied to her for years until they finally broke up a year ago.
 
Haneul was shocked to see the taxi stop in front of a beautiful multi-story apartment building. At the front entrance stood a doorman waiting to take their bags. 
 
"Hyung, would you like any help?" the door man asked eyeing the bags that the taxi driver and Yoochun had pulled out of the trunk. 
 
"I just need help getting them to the elevator. By the way, this is Haneul. She will be staying with me from now on," Yoochun said introducing them. 
 
"Hi, I'm Choi Haneul, please take care of me." She replied while bowing. 
 
"Hi, I'm Junsu, but you can just call me Oppa. I usual work during the days so we might see each other frequently."
 
"Haneul?" Yoochun called. " How about you go and call the elevator while Junsu and I bring these bags in."
 
"Ok Oppa."
 
"So who is she?" asked Junsu as soon as Haneul was out of hearing range. He and Yoochun had met a year ago when Yoochun moved in and they had hit it off immediately. When Junsu wasn't working,  he often hung out with Yoochun. 
 
"You won't believe me if I told you."
 
"What could be so shocking that I won't believe it? It's not like you ran off and got married." Junsu looked up to see Yoochun making a face giving away the answer. 
 
"No way. You're married to her? What is she? Like 20? Is she pregnant or something?"
 
"No she isn't pregnant and she's 17."
 
"17?  As in she is still in high school? Oh man that is messed up," he said collecting the bags while Yoochun's paid the cab driver. 
 
"Oppa," Haneul called from the doorway, "the elevator is here."
 
"Okay we're coming."
 
Haneul nodded and quickly went back into the building the hold the elevator.
 
"Don't tell anyone okay. Only you and Jaejong know about this."
 
"Okay, but you are going to have to explain later exactly how this happened."
 
"Arasso arasso, let's go before the elevator leaves us. "
 
After Haneul waited for what felt like forever, Yoochun and Jinsu finally loaded the luggage on the elevator so that they could head up to the apartment. 
 
"Our apartment is on the 15 floor," he said while pushing the button.
 
When they reached the floor, Haneul help Yoochun unload the luggage off the elevator before following him to the apartment. 
 
With keys already out, he unlocked the door and headed inside. When Yoochun flipped on the light,  Haneul looked around at the apartment she would be living in as a newlywed. In front of her was a modest open concept living room, kitchen, and dining room. Along the back wall were sliding glass doors which she assumed lead to a balcony. 
 
"Welcome home" Yoochun said as he entered into the foyer pulling the luggage. He kicked off his shoes and put on the only pair of slippers with Haneul following right behind. 
 
"I'll give you a brief tour. As you can see this is the main room with a kitchen, living room, and dining room." He turned to walk down the hall  off of the side of the dining room. "This door right here is the bathroom and right across is your room," he said stopping in front of a door. "That door at the very end is my room. Feel free to take a look anywhere you want. Once you get settled we should have a talk. " 
 
"Okay."
 
"Are you hungry?" He had noticed she hadn't eaten much at the reception. 
 
"Just a little," she replied shyly.
 
"I'll make you something then."
 
Haneul entered the room and the light. The room was medium sized and only contained a bed and desk. Off to the side of the room was a window flanked by two wardrobes. She decided against unpacked and headed to the kitchen. When she walked in she saw Yoochun pulling eggs out if the carton before placing the rest back in the fridge.
 
"Do you still like omurice?" He asked when he noticed her on the stool. 
 
"Yea." When Yoochun use to babysit her, he would make her omurice. It was one of her favorite foods. She hadn't had any in years. 
 
"Well since you are already here, I'll talk while I cook." 
 
In the time it took Haneul to look around her room, Yoochun had already stir fried the rice and had set it to the side. 
 
"I know we are married now, but I don't want you to feel burden by it. I think our best solution now is to live as roommates,"  he started as he finished preparing the omelette and put the rice inside. 
 
"Our grandfathers said we had to get married not that we had to stay married. Our relationship shouldn't hold you back in anyway. I just want you to be happy."
 
"What does that mean Oppa?"
 
"Well," Yoochun answered while plated the finished omurice and topping it with smiley face ketchup. "It means that if there is anything you would to like do like hang out with your friends, study abroad, or date, you are free to do so without thinking about any wifely duties." He finished sitting the plate in front of her before walking over to a drawer and grabbing two spoons. 
 
"Is that okay with you?" He asked handed her one of the spoons.
 
"Ne, Oppa. That sounds fine" that at least took some on the pressure off of Haneul about this marriage. 
 
"Ok now that that is settled Do you like the room? I left it empty so that you could fix it up anyway you like."
 
----////----////
AN: Hope you guys enjoyed the chapter and sorry it took so long to update. Let me know if there are any mistakes.