Chapter 7

Love Comes Softly

"Oh, you're the girl from the street market. Annyeong Hasaeyo. "  

 

"Annyeong Hasaeyo. "  

 

"I'm sorry about what happened.  I was in a bit of a rush yesterday.  Normally I'm not that rude. "  

 

"It's fine"  

 

I'm Kim Jong In by the way.  You're new here right?"

 

  "Ne.  Cheoneun Choi Haneul imnida."

 


"So your class is the last one on this hall. " Yoochun had spent the last twenty minutes showing So Hyang around the school and now they were on the last leg of the tour which was the third year's hall.

 

"Do you have any questions before I introduce you to your class?"

 

"Would you like to meet up for lunch later oppa?"  

 

Yoochun was determined to keep this relationship strictly professional and decided to just ignore her question.  "If you don't have any questions concerning the school, I'll go in and introduce you now."


Class two, including Haneul,  anxiously awaited the arrival of their homeroom teacher.  It was growing closure to the start of class but the teacher still hadn't arrived yet.

 

"This is our lucky year ladies" said the queenka. "First we have Kai in our class, and we will also have the hottest teacher in the school as our homeroom teacher."

 

"You already know who our teacher is why didn't you tell us?"

 

  "Daddy told me to keep it a secret."  

Just then the door to the classroom opened revealing to everyone their teacher. "Sorry I'm late guys.  I had some important matters to take care of.  " Yoochun moved from the doorway to stand behind the podium located at the front of the class. "Hello everyone I'm Park seongsangnim and I will be your homeroom teacher this year.  So let's start off by taking attendance. "


Haneul's heart stopped when she saw Yoochun enter the door.  She knew he was a third year teacher but she thought out of all of the classes, she would not be in his.

 

"Bae Suzy? " He quickly scanned the classroom to see if anyone had raised their hand. Not seeing one, he continued on down the list.

 

 "Choi Daniel?"

 

"here"

 

"Choi Eun Seok"

 

"here"

 

"Choi Haneul?" after calling her name,  Yoochun rapidly looked up and began searching around the room to see if the Choi Haneul he called was his Haneul. Sitting in the back with her eyes cast down was his Haneul.

 

 

Just then a commotion came from the door signaling the arrival of someone pulling Yoochun out of the daze he was in.  

 

"Sorry for being late," Suzy said as she entered the room.  

 

"Bae Suzy I presume"

 

"Joeseonghapnida"  

 

"It's fine for today but don't make a habit of it.  You may head to your seat."   Instead of calling out Haneul's name again,  he decide today it would be better to continue on until he was finished with the roll.  

 


After the Initial shock of having Yoochun as her homeroom teacher wore off, the rest of her morning class went off without a hitch.  Unlike her old school, the first day was not filled with just overviews of the school year, they jumped right in to the lessons.  Haneul was now scrambling to write down the notes that the third period history teacher was putting up when the lunch bell rang.  

 

"It seems I have run out of time.  We will pick up where we left off tomorrow.  Be sure to read pages five through Fifteen for tomorrow's lecture. You are dismissed."  

 

"Woah, that was a full blown lesson today wasn't it." Jong In closed the notebook he had been writing in, and turned toward Haneul.

 

"It was very interesting though.  I love learning about the history that has shaped our present."

 

" So you're into history? Not one of my favorite subjects."

 

"I guess it's a little strange, but to me there have been things in the past that have effected who I am today. it's amazing how one decision can change your life forever."

 

"Hmm, I've never thought about it that way. Hey do you want to eat lunch together?"

 

"Umm, sure. I just need to tell my peer guide."

 

"Tell me what?" Suzy asked bouncing over to the pair.

 

"Oh, Suzy you're Hanueul's peer guide?"

 

"Yea, I thought I told you I would be a peer guide this year."

 

"I must have forgotten. Anyway, since Suzy and  I eat together anyway, there shouldn't be a problem."

 

"Ok," Haneul reached over her desk to grab her lunch that Yoochun had prepared for her before following the pair to the cafeteria.

 


Yoochun's third period english class had also ran over, and by the time he had entered the teachers' office, all of the teachers had left for lunch, and the only one remaining was So Hyang who was standing by his desk.

 

"What do you want So Hyang?"

 

"You."

 

"I told you before that it was over."

 

"But oppa, I'm not ready for it to be over." So Hyang whined.

 

Yoochun was just about to give his rebuttal when to the door opened revealing principal Lee."Im seongsangnim, Park seongsangim It's good to see you guys are getting along. You Know Park seongsangnim, So Hyang is single.'

 

"Oh stop ahjussi," So Hyang said as she playfully slapped at his arm.

 

"Well it's true isn't it? Yoochun here is a great teacher and a great guy. Your father would be delighted to have hi, as a son-in-law."

 

"Was there something you wanted principal Lee" Yoochun interrupted trying to get as far away from a relationship conversation as possible.

 

"Oh right. So Hyang, I still need you to fill out some paperwork. If you are free, come to my office to fill it out."

 

"Ne," So Hyang followed principal Lee out but not before sending Yoochun a wink.


 

 

So where are you from?“ the trio were now sitting down at a table after Kai and Suzy had gotten their lunches.

 

“I'm from Busan.“

 

  “Really? I can't hear an accent at all.“

 

  "My parents went to university here in Seoul and pick up the accent. They raised me speaking it so that I wouldn't have to worry about learning it later.“

 

  “Did your family decide to move back?"

 

  “Not my whole family. I received a scholarship here, so I move in with my oppa.“

 

  “Hey let the girl eat. You can ask her more questions later." Suzy playfully interrupted while stealing food off of Kai's plate.

 

"Mianhae. I'll stop for now.“

 

 


 

 

Haneul had stayed late after school to check out some of the clubs, so by the time she arrived home, Yoochun was already there.  

 

"I'm sorry about what happened today. I never expected for you to be in my class. "

 

    "Gwaenchanayo oppa, but I was a little shocked when you walked in" Haneul sat her school bag next to the couch and headed toward the refrigerator to find something to drink. From the looks of the contents of the fridge Yoochun had went to the market after school.  

 

  "Everything should be fine as long as we don't act too familiar with each other.  Don't let an oppa slip when you are asking me any questions."  

 

  While searching through the fridge Haneul found strawberry milk her favorite. She had told Yoochun during one of their conversations that it was her favorite and it seems he had remembered.   "I wouldn't make a slip up like that Park seongsangnim."

 

"Well now that that is settled, let's order dinner out to celebrate your first day of school. What would you like Thai, Chinese, American?"

 

    "How about fried chicken?"  

 

"Fried chicken it is."   Yoochun walked over behind Haneul and gently began pushing her towards her room by her shoulders. "You can go and change out of that uniform, and I'll order dinner."