08.

Way Back Into Love

Jessica's POV

"Oppa, did you just call me Yoong?!"

I was mad, but more of flustered. He called me Yoong. Never in my life did he ever call me any other name. Not even by accident.

"I meant Jessica. Jessica. Not Yoong." Donghae said, obviously shocked and embarrassed and ashamed. Well he should be. "Sorry, baby. I'm just really tired."

Tired? Hmph that is a lame excuse.

"So....." Taecyeon said, breaking the awkward silence. "What are we going to order today?"

 

We ordered our food, but I have to admit I'm still pretty much bothered about it. I know it's stupid. And I know you can call me clingy, possessive, obsessive girlfriend. But this never happened before. And we all know that Donghae used to like Yoona. Well okay, not all of us, but I do. Does he happen to like her again?

No that can't be. That can't happen. He's mine. He loves me. Not her.

"Unnie, are you okay?" Yoona asked me, she looked worried. Maybe she was bothered too. That's a good sign, right?

"Oh me? Yeah I'm okay." I said, giving her a faint smile

"Are you sure?" No. No, I'm not okay. I'm jealous. Of you.

"Yes. Don't worry about me Yoong."

Donghae looked at me and gave me the look. He always gives me the look when he's worried about me. When he knows something's wrong. That's what I like the most about him. He can see right through me. I smiled to myself thinking about it.

 

Donghae's POV

Stupid. You're so stupid. How could you have called her "Yoong"? You know how she gets when she's mad. And she gets jealous easily. Ah, Lee Donghae, you never fail to disappoint yourself huh.

 

What was I thinking in the first place? Why did I even call her "Yoong"? I wasn't even thinking about Yoona or anything like that. It must've just slipped. Yeah. That's it. It slipped, right out of my mouth. Like my saliva. Wait, what. That's gross. Okay this is official, I have totally lost it.

"Hey hyung, you seem so...lost in your own mind." Nickhun said interrupting my thoughts, and that made everyone turn to their heads to me. Now they were all practically staring at me.

"H-huh? Oh sorry I was just thinking about the steps we had to learn today. I'm afraid I might forget them"

"You're working with Yoona anyway," Yuri said "She doesn't forget the steps. She can always teach you! Don't think too hard, oppa."

"Really? You never forget the steps?" I asked Yoona

"Sort of...." she said, giving me a shy smile.

"Thank God you're my partner!" I said, relieved "I feel like the luckiest man alive!"

I gave Jessica a quick glance. She doesn't seem happy about the things I've been saying. But she should know these words have no meaning. I'm a guy. I say things without thinking.

 

Yoona's POV

Wow this day. I don't even know what's going on anymore. Donghae oppa has been so weird. Does he even know what he's saying? Does he know what he says can hurt Jessica unni?

"Hey oppa," Jessica said. You could tell everyone in the table was nervous. I saw Donghae oppa gulp nervously "You better not take advantage of Yoong when it comes to the steps."

"W-what?" he said

"Even if she memorizes all the steps quickly, she has a short temper. Isn't that right, Yoong?" Jessica unni said.

"Well....I guess so?" Do I really have a short temper? Or is she just saying that so Donghae oppa will back off?

"I second the motion!" Yuri shouted while raising her hand "She really has a short temper, oppa. Just recently she yelled at all of us!"

"Is that so?" Donghae oppa said while scratching the back of his head "Well then, I guess I have to try my best to memorize all the steps. I wouldn't want to have Yoong yelling at me"

I just gave all of them a sheepish smile. I had nothing to say anyway.

 

After dinner, Donghae oppa and Jessica unni left early. They said they needed some more alone time. They already have a lot of alone time, it's not like they need more of it.

"Yoona-ssi," it was Taecyeon oppa

"Oh hey oppa!"

"Do you want to take a walk with me?" he said, offering his hand

"Yeah okay, sure." I said smiling at him and taking his hand.

His hands were big and rough. Not super rough but you can feel the calluses.

"So, how are you?" he asked, letting go of my hand slowly

"I've been doing good. I guess. How about you?"

"Same here. Just the usual, you know what I mean."

I looked at him. Not just look but look. I tried to see if he could actually be the one. If it's not Donghae oppa, it might be him. Maybe. Possibly.

"What are you looking at?" he said, giving me a wide smile "Is there something on my face?"

"No, I was just observing your face."

"Why? Is it that ugly?" he said, frowing at me

"Yes. Yes it is." I said jokingly.

"Aw damn. I guess plastic surgery doesn't work after all!" he said, and we both laughed

 

I honestly don't understand why I'm not into him. Taecyeon oppa is a good guy. Any girl would be lucky to have him. He's funny, he's sweet, he's good-looking, he's muscular. He's like the whole package. I guess I'm too blinded by Donghae oppa to actually be interested in anyone right now.

"Hey, Yoona. I've been wanting to tell you this for a long time now, since I couldn't tell anyone." Oh no.

"Yes, oppa?"

"Well I...." Is he going to confess? No. Please say no.

"You....?"

"I really like...." Oh my God.

"Suzy." Phew.

"Oh my God, oppa! Really?"

"But I'm kind of too old for her, right?" He said looking at his feet

"Age is just a number, oppa. You should go for it!" I said, giving him two thumbs up

"You really think I should?"

"It's worth a shot!" I told him "And at least you tried."

"What if it doesn't work out?"

"Then it doesn't. It's better to try and not have it work out than to not try and regret for the rest of your life."

"That's what I'm afraid of. The rejection part."

"But what if does work out? You'll never know unless you try."

 

"It's better to try and not have it work out than not try and regret it for the rest of your life."

Wow. Since when did I get so poetic?

Maybe I should start following my own advice. I should try. But it's going to be morally wrong because he's dating Jessica unni. I mean if I didn't know they were dating it would be somehow acceptable. Sigh. Im Yoona, get a grip on yourself.

 

There are tons of other fish in the sea.

But right now, he's the only fish I want.

 

=====================

I'm sorry if it took forever for me to update this fic T__T I actually wanted to change everything about it because I wrote it so badly. I mean the last time I wrote it was 3 years ago? Lol. The plot is good but the writing was bleh. But it's never too late, right? So I decided to write again because right now, writing is the only escape to my reality. Real life has been hard on me, I need to let it all out. And in uni, my profs and classmates have been telling me I write so well and I should be a lit major instead. I don't write fics well, but I do write essays well. I just wanted to try writing fics even though I know I'm not that good.

 

Anyway, I'm just spitting out nonsense and that no one cares about lol. I hope you guys enjoyed this though ;u; expect more to come!