Teardrops on my guitar

DBSK Brotherhood Fics Collection

 

Title: Teardrops on my guitar

Length: one-shot (2, 248 words)

Author: standbymyfivegods

A/N: Credits to the dbskgenerator for the idea.

Rating: G

Pairing: Yoochun and Changmin

Genre: Angst, Brotherhood

Summary: There was a reason why Chun loved the piano more than the guitar. It was because it held too many painful memories.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Suggested Music: 알면서도(Even Though You Already Know) – Xia Junsu

Jae had come over saying he wanted to hang out since he was rather lonely.

Yoohwan and his mom were out shopping.

As they were both seated at the sofa, Chun was munching on popcorn while Jae flipped through channels.

The elder suddenly stopped when he caught sight of someone familiar.

Chun knew that face so well.

Being soulmates, the both of them felt a twinge of pain in their hearts.

It was their beloved maknae, Changmin, in his drama, Paradise Ranch.

The current scene on the screen was of Min playing the guitar with a mellow expression on his face.

“I remember when you used to teach him how to play that. You two looked adorable then,” Jae said sadly.

“I do too,” the other replied with a sigh.

“Do you want me to change the channel?” Jae asked with concern clouding his face.

“No, it’s okay,” Chun assured with a small smile.

He missed their young one.

He wanted to look at him even if it was just on the television.

He reminisced the times Min would ask him to join in bullying Su, complain about Jae not cooking what he wanted, and sulk to him about Yun being overly bossy.

There were moments that he would be the only ally of their youngest dongsaeng.

Su was Min’s playmate, Jae was his mental peer and Yun would somehow be his superior.

Their relationship, however, was built on mutual love and respect of the same level.

Min was Chun’s second best beloved brother.

When Jae fell asleep after the show finished, Chun tucked him in the sofa with a blanket.

The eldest’s eyes were moist. Chun guessed even in his dreams, Jae was crying.

He knew perfectly how it felt.

He then went to the storage room to look for his guitar.

It was one time in Japan when they were having a rest day that Min had approached him asking for a lesson while he was tuning the said instrument.

“Why the guitar, Min? You already know the piano,” he had inquired.

“I want to be like you, hyung. I want to be multi-instrumental too,” the younger had said with an innocent smile.

Every week since then, whenever they had some hours to spare, the two of them would practice playing together.

And on Min’s next birthday, all four hyungs contributed to buying Min a guitar of his own.

It was also the one he had used in the drama.

Chun’s heart swelled at that.

He played the song they would always sing to.

It was only until the tears fell from his eyes onto the guitar and the impact resounded to his ears, that he realized he had unconsciously cried.

“He’s the reason for the teardrops on my guitar~” Jae had sung out.

The other had apparently woken up and was currently standing by the doorway.

Chun laughed as he wiped his face, and Jae couldn’t help but hug him in comfort.