60 seconds

DBSK Brotherhood Fics Collection

 

Title: 60 seconds

Length: One-shot ( 1,305 words)

Author: standbymyfivegods

A/N: It was originally for YunJae but I think YooSu will be a better fit for this fic. Inspired by the song of the same title. Dedicated to all those who have asked me for a YooSu fic. J

Rating: G

Pairing: Yoochun and Junsu

Genre: Fluff, Brotherhood

Summary: It only takes Yoochun 60 seconds.

Foreword:

“60 seconds is enough for this story

You have entered my heart

I don’t doubt that you have taken me in this not-so-short time”

60sec – Kim Sung Kyu ♪♫

--------------------------------------------

Wondering

“Yoochun-ah,”

“Wae?”

“Why is our name YooSu?”

“I sounds better than the other combinations of our names,” Chun reasoned as he leaned back on his seat while sipping his cup of coffee.

“I guess so,” Su accepted as he too leaned back in his seat.

Both of them were sitting opposite each other on Jae’s dining room table. They were waiting for the latter to finish ‘dressing up’. All three had promised to have some bonding time after a while of doing separate activities.

“How did you end up with me anyway?” Chun chuckled at what he said.

“Probably because Jae-hyung already had Yun-hyung,” Su shrugged.

“Why didn’t either of us become paired with Min or form a love triangle?” Chun probed.

“Are you seriously thinking about this?” Su questioned with a horrified look on his face.

“Hey, you brought it up,” Chun reminded.

“I was just wondering, is all,” Su explained.

“Alright then,” Chun settled.

A few moments of silence rolled by with neither of them saying a thing. It wasn’t an awkward one, but quite the contrary.

It wasn’t because they had nothing to talk about, but simply because they were alright even simply just sitting there and enjoying each other’s presence.

It was one of those rare moments that there was no teasing or arguing. No one wanted to break the peace.

“What’s taking him so long?” Su finally broke it, however, since he was starting to get annoyed.

“We’ve been together for 9 years now. Aren’t you used to it?” Chun pointed out.

“I wish Min was here to ask him to hurry up,” Su pouted.

“You B type brothers are like tornados, so fast at doing everything but leaves a ton of mess,” Chun reprimanded.

“Yeah, yeah. Just because you’re the neat and clean one,” Su mumbled as he crossed his arms on the table in front of him and settled his chin in the space between his intertwined arms.

Chun continued sipping on his coffee as silence enveloped them again. So long to the not breaking the peace thing, he thought as he laughed inwardly.

“Have you greeted them a happy anniversary yet?” Su started conversing once again.

“Yepp, already texted them first thing in the morning,” the older of the two replied.

“That’s good then,” the other replied with a content smile on his face.

Chun nodded in agreement and said nothing more.

Su then decided to divert his attention and began looking distant.

Out of the blue, he began humming their debut song, ‘Hug’.

“Ah, memories. That song gets me every time,” Chun smiled to himself as he said so.

Su heard him but chose not to reply and just continue, this time singing the lyrics.

When he got to their duet part, Chun, as expected, did not fail him.

“Nae maeum ireongeoya~,” the older of the two sang.

“Neo bakke bol su eomneum geoji,” and Su replied.

“Nugureul bwado eodi isseodo,” Chun continued.

“Nan neoman bara bojanha,” the younger one belted out.

Min’s part was then sang by Chun as he got up to dance now.

Su laughed before getting up and dancing along as well.

Funny how after all these years, not even once did they practice this, but they still remembered the steps and were still in sync perfectly.

Both carried on with even the dance break. Laughing to themselves along the way and panting hard while doing the vigorous routines.

They felt old. Or maybe because they haven’t danced like this in a long time, moving with not only their bodies, but pouring their heart and soul into it.

Chun and Su felt like they were transformed and transported back to their rookie days when they were doing their best and performing to please.

Chun glimpsed at Su to see how he was doing and to copy the steps in case he forgot, but then what he saw wasn’t what he was expecting.

Su was mindless dancing with what his memory still had intact, while Chun reminisced the good old days.

He remembered being flown in from America with no one with him. He was scared of how he was going to cope and if he would be accepted.

The other four members had already trained together, and he was the only one left.

He was somehow the missing piece, to what would be known someday as the Rising Gods of the East.

Su was the first one to approach him, ever so bright eyed and cheerful.

He felt welcomed despite the maknae just silently staring at him, the eldest looking cold, and the leader judging whether he would last or not.

It helped a lot knowing that Su was his age too. Although in the States, it really didn’t matter whether you were courteous to your elders or not, in Korea, it was a big deal.

The second youngest of the group had talked him right through everything.

Laughing to himself, Chun now feels guilty for always bullying Su along with the other members once they all became close to each other.

At first he did it to fit it with the others, but then it became a habit.

He sometimes worried in the beginning, but then Su didn’t look like he took it personally, so he never asked.

Their relationship was like that, always fun and carefree. Not a day goes by that they don’t insult each other in a loving way.

Yun was his leader, Jae was his soul mate, Min was his dongsaeng, and Su was his best friend.

Thinking about it now, he may not have made it if it weren’t for Su, the brother he never had.

Before Chun knew it, they were nearing the end now, singing alternately and together as a duo a five-member song.

“Eonjekkaji neoui gyeote,” Su sang as he pointed for Chun to follow up.

“Yeonineuro itgo shipeo~,” the other answered.

“Neoreul naepume aedeuk aneunchae~,” they sang together.

“Gudeobeoryeo saeumyeon shipeo, yeongwonhi~” Jae suddenly interjected coming out of nowhere.

The other two was stunned but laughed along as they all moved on to the ending pose as a trio.

“Yah~ Good times,” Jae said with a loud sigh.

Chun and Su just chuckled in agreement.

“So, let’s go!” the eldest had then prompted walking out of the room.

The younger of the two left behind, shook his head in amusement as a slight smirk adorned his face. Chun couldn’t help but think he looked adorable.

“It only takes 60 seconds, Su,” the latter then whispered as he followed.

“What takes only 60 seconds?” the other had heard to the former’s surprise.

“It only takes 60 seconds to fall for you, Su,” Chun then stopped as he looked into the other’s eyes will all seriousness.

Su had stopped in his tracks too as he was looking back at the other.

They stared at each other for about a second, before Chun broke out into a wide grin, and said, “just kidding, Mr. No Charisma!”.

The older of the two then broke out into a run even overtaking the eldest out the door.

It took a moment for what had happened to sink in before their current youngest was also running screaming bloody murder to his best friend.