Night time Cartoons

DBSK Brotherhood Fics Collection

 

Title: Night time Cartoons
 
Length: one-shot (3, 097 words)
 
Author: standbymyfivegods
 
A/N: Credits to the dbskgenerator for the idea.
 
Rating: G
 
Pairing: Junsu and Changmin
 
Genre: Crack, A bit of fluff, Brotherhood
 
Summary: Min couldn't sleep. As a result, Su couldn't sleep either. They then resort to nighttime cartoons to solve the problem.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Su woke up to the sound of the television playing.

He checked the clock, and it was three in the morning.

He looked back and noticed Min munching on something as his eyes were glued to what he was watching in the dark.

Su rubbed his eyes and refocused on the scene before him.

“Minnie-ah, why are you watching night time cartoons at this hour?” he asked sleepily.

The maknae turned to look at him and said, “I couldn’t sleep”, with a pout.

He then returned to what he was doing.

These past few days, ever since he and the younger became roommates, the latter had been having trouble sleeping.

Su would wake up in the middle of the night with Min doing random stuff.

The things the maknae had done to fall asleep were surfing the net, playing cards or board games, listening to music, and even practising their routines.

And his latest idea was watching while snacking.

Su didn’t really mind since he was a heavy sleeper, but somehow whenever Min was troubled, he would wake up as well.

So he got up and sat beside the younger.

“Do you miss Yunho-hyung?” Su inquired.

“I guess a bit,” Min admitted.

The leader and maknae had been roommates for so long and the sudden switch was something the later was adjusting to.

“I’m sorry I don’t know how to comfort you since my only other roommate was Junho-hyung,” Su replied.

“It’s okay, hyung, it’s the thought that counts,” Min said chuckling.

“Just tell me what to do to help you when you figure it out,” the older one said.

“Okay,” Min answered before stuffing a handful of chips into his mouth.

“Junk food will keep you up more, Minnie-ah,” Su said as he grabbed the bag from the other.

“Just this once,” the younger grabbed it back.

After a few minutes, Min got bored and turned off the television with a sigh.

“Sorry for waking you up, hyung,” he said.

“It’s okay. I can’t sleep with you troubled anyway,” Su shrugged as they said in darkness and silence, except for Min’s eating sounds.

“Aha!” the maknae exclaimed out of the blue.

“What?” Su mumbled sleepily.

“I used to fall asleep to Yunho-hyung talking on the phone before going to bed,” Min explained.

“Oh, so you want me to talk till you fall asleep?” Su asked.

“Let’s try it,” Min replied.

“Okay, I’ll think of a topic first,” Su said as he considered.

 

After a few moments..

“I got it! Something that will bore you but interests me,” Su exclaimed.

“Correct,” Min said nodding.

“I’ll talk about coconuts!” Su said happily.

“Perfect,” Min grumbled.

“So..I like coconuts. They’re so awesome. They make me think of summer, the beach, freshness, relaxation, and..” Su started.

He went on like that for half an hour before he stopped to check if Min was asleep since the munching had stopped.

“I’m still awake, hyung,” Min mumbled.

The only reason why Min became silent was that he had already finished what he was eating.

“You just made me long for a vacation like the one we had in Borabora and Saipan,” he continued sighing.

“What do I do then?” Su asked genuinely.

“How about you narrate to me the story of your favourite episode from a cartoon?” Min suggested.

“Alright. I’ll put sound effects to make it more realistic,” Su stated excitedly.

“He’s so innocent. I don’t know if he’s stupid or smart,” Min thought as he shook his head.

Su then re-enacted an episode of the Flintstones that made him laugh when he was younger while watching it with his twin.

When he finished, it was only then that he realized he was having fun on his own.

Min had been listening along at first but he amazingly fell asleep as the plot continued while holding the empty bag of chips in his hands.

Su then laughed and put the younger to bed.

Because of that, every time Min had trouble sleeping, Su would entertain him with his own version of the night time cartoons.