Open Water

DBSK Brotherhood Fics Collection

 

Dedicated to anni2604 who came up with the idea ;)

Title: Open Water

Length: one-shot (918 words)

Author: standbymyfivegods

A/N: I am falling for JaeSu again :) They are utterly so cute together :D. This is my first fic of them as a pair. Lol.

Rating: G

Pairing: Jaejoong and Junsu

Genre: Fluff, Comedy, Brotherhood

Summary: Su sleeps over at Jae’s apartment.. the younger one has a nightmare and it is up to his beloved hyung to calm him down.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Attack

 

It had seen him. Even though its eyes were on either sides of its head, somehow Su felt like their eyes had locked on each other.

He tries to go up the surface but he finds himself unable to.

“I can’t breathe,” he panics.

“Don’t move too much. It will sense the vibrations in the water,” he recalls the statement being told to him before.

He doesn’t know how it all transcended from him having a candlelight dinner by the beach under a coconut tree to struggling underwater for survival.

He tries to remain still but he finds himself shaking with fear.

Its gills open and closes with the current.

Its length was unbelievable.

So big.. and grey..

It was smoothly gliding in the water..

It grows closer..

And closer..

And closer..

He sees it bare its teeth at him.. opening its jaws wider and wider.. ready to devour him whole..

And then-!

“Huh!” he abruptly sits up and gasps for his life.

“It was all a dream,” Su shakes his head and breathes a sigh of relief.

But he was so scared. It felt so real.

He adjusts his eyes to the darkness and rubs his eyes.

He now remembers staying over at his hyung’s apartment.

Their eldest was lonely again and had no one to talk to so he had come over earlier.

Chun was busy filming so it was only the two of them.

They were currently in the living room sleeping on the floor over two separate futons.

His hyung was the one who asked to sleep together but it was him who had a nightmare.

He wiggles out of his confinement and shakes his hyung to awaken the latter.

“Hyung,” he calls out.

“Mmm~” the older answers in a deep state of slumber.

“Hyung~” he tries again.

The latter stirs but just turns over.

“Hyung!” he says it louder this time while shaking the other vigorously.

That does the trick. The older sits up and rubs his eyes. He tries to focus and finds Su looking up at him pouting.

“What is it, Su?” Jae asks sleepily.

“I had a nightmare,” the younger confesses.

“And?” the older probes.

“It was a shark. It was going to eat me. But I couldn’t do anything to prevent it from doing so. I was so afraid,” Su explains. The feelings of that moment coming back to him.

Jae leans over and hugs his dongsaeng in comfort. He rubs the younger’s back and soothes him.

Once the former felt Su was calm again he tried to go back to sleep.

Su stops him halfway with pleading eyes.

“What now, Su?” the latter asks.

“Could you stay awake until I go back to sleep?” the former answers.

“You want me to watch you sleep?” Jae inquires.

“Yes, please,” Su nods.

“Fine, then,” the latter agrees as the younger slips in his own futon and he treads his hair to make the former fall asleep.

After five minutes..

“Hyung, I still can’t fall asleep. Can I sleep with you instead?” Su requests as he slips off and gets in with Jae on the latter’s futon.

Before Jae can protest the younger is already on his side cuddling him.

“Su, it’s so crowded,” the older complains.

“Leave it. At least we’ll be warm,” Su answers as he was content with their current state.

“Aigoo..” Jae could only respond as he lies down too.

“Hyung,” Su calls out again.

“Yeah?" Jae answers.

"If I have the same nightmare again, could you sing a lullaby for me to make me sleep?” the younger asks hopeful.

“Su..” Jae says in a stern voice.

“But hyung~ it bit me,” the dongsaeng argues.

“Seriously, how old are you already?” Jae was becoming irritated now.

“Hyung~” Su was relentless.

“Alright..” but in the end Jae gives up.

“Thank you. Saranghae~” the younger finally says as he finally feels sleep taking over.

“Yeah yeah.. nado,” Jae answers while yawning and almost drifting off too.

The older thought that he wouldn’t get to sleep with such a koala hugging his side but surprisingly he slept well.

The next morning he even finds himself hugging the said person closely like an older brother protecting his younger one.

“Aish Su.. if I didn’t love you this much I would have-” Jae thinks as he wakes up and untangles himself.

Su pulls him back and they struggle with each other.

“Hyung~” the younger whines.

“Su! Wake up already!” Jae retorts.

“Five more minutes,” Su replies.

“Who would think we are in our twenties when they see us?” Jae laughs to himself.

“Let go off me and get up or I will kiss you like I did to Min before!” he threatens.

“You wouldn’t,” the younger dares.

“You know I will,” Jae taunts.

And with the speed of light, the crying dolphin gets up and dashes to the bathroom.

“Works even now,” Jae smirks in victory.

-----------------------------------

A/N: Just some crack to relieve our stress :)) Hope you enjoyed it :3