Chapter 3

Collide

After an hour Taec and Khun watched Victoria’s car pulled over Jacob’s garage. The house was just a simple house build in bricks, but it has a homey feeling in it. Nichkhun opened the car door and helped Victoria.

“Hey there. It’s great to see you Vic. How’s the drive?” Nickhun greeted warmly not letting go of her hand.

Victoria smiled shyly. “Great! It’s nice to see you too.”

Taec cleared his throat loudly making Nichkhun jumped. He forgot that they were not alone.

“I’m sorry about that. Jake this is Victoria. Victoria this is Jake, our long time friend.” Nickhun introduced.

“Hello Oppa. Thank you for inviting us here,” Victoria bowed.

Taec hooted when Victoria said Oppa. He can’t resist teasing Khun. “Well, he really is her Oppa.”

Khun glared at Taec and Jake laughed loudly.

“You’re welcome Victoria. And it’s nice to meet you finally.”

Victoria smiled and bowed again.

Jake turned to Khun and Teac. “Well you both know the place. Take her inside. I’ll just finish my business report upstairs. It won’t take long.”

Khun nodded and guided Victoria inside. Taec was already ahead of them and went straight to the door on the left. As Jake was running up the stairs, he

shouted at Taec, “Yah!! Don’t you dare touch my Pistachio ice cream! I’ll kill you!”

Victoria smiled. She knew were Taec was headed.

 

 Nichkhun led Victoria at the back of the house where a pretty garden was nestled. They sat on a bench at the left side of the garden.

“Wow, this place is beautiful. I like it,” Victoria said admiring the view. The clear night sky is just perfect. The moon is watching over them.

“Yeah, it is. He lives here with his parents but they’re in Japan now, on a vacation I think,” Khun explained as they sat down. “We used to hang out here a lot before debut; Jay, Taec and I.”

“Oh he still lives with his parents? Why?”

Khun shrugged. “Why live alone when he already has a home here. Besides, he can do anything he wants. His parents are always on business trip.”

“I see. Is he your friend from the US or just here in Seoul?”

“He’s actually Taec’s friend. They used to live in the US but they decided to migrate here,” Khun explained.

“Oh, okay. How old is he?”

Nichkhun looked straight into her eyes. “Why?”

Victoria laughed and touched his arm. “No, I was just asking. No other reasons intended.”

Khun continued to stare at Vic, a smile tugging on his lips.

“C’mon Buck,” Vic said while punching his arm, making him laugh.

“So, how are you doing?” Khun asked. “Are you excited for the Runway?”

“Yes and nervous too! We had a meeting yesterday and they informed us that they’ll pick one from us three who would be the face of Guiseppe Verrardi for this year. I’m really excited! It would be a great opportunity too.”

“I hope you would get it. Don’t worry, I’ll pray for you.”

Victoria smiled.

“Wait here okay? I’ll just get Mom’s gifts.”

She watched as Nickhun went back in the house. Victoria looked up the sky. The moon is smiling down at her. And she smiled too, enjoying the moment.