Prologue

Collide

 

They’d been married for almost 1 year; 11 months to be exact.

They act cute and sweet towards each other to satisfy the fans and for ratings of the show, of course. They fed each other, held hands and hugged. They also went to the beach, which they love both. They already went to Thailand to meet Nichkhun’s family but they haven’t gone to China yet.

 

They’re both idols.

They both chose to be away from their families to pursue their dreams…

And both left their homes at an early age.

 

Nichkhun is a member of a group idol named 2pm, while Victoria is the leader of f(x) group.

Both groups are popular in Korea .

 

Contrary to what the people thinks, their relationship is just for the show. They do like each other as friends, or maybe more than that but they’re smart enough to hide those feelings, even for each other. Eyes and ears are just everywhere and they know better than to be reckless and regret it at the end.

 

Nichkhun do likes her. Who wouldn’t? When he started WGM, he told himself that it wouldn’t be too hard since it’s just for a show. He had done lots of romantic stuff or being paired up with other girls. It’s just the same, only longer…

 

After a few months, he didn’t expect himself to be anxious when she hasn’t arrived yet, or get excited whenever their groups will perform on the same stage, or feel better to see her smile and to hear her laugh. He battled on himself that maybe he’s just feeling that way because it’s been a long time since he had a girlfriend or since they’re always together and he was just longing for her companionship. But he knows, this time it’s different.

 

He respects women; that’s one of the lessons her parents taught him. And that’s why he treats all women with care and respect. Others do misunderstand him if he is just being a gentleman or he likes her whenever he’s being paired with other girls. And that’s one of reasons why Victoria can’t sleep at night after a WGM taping.

 

She’s wondering if it’s all just for show being the gentleman and caring that he is. Of course, if she wasn’t his wife on WGM, he would be the same with that girl. He would hold her hand and guide her; would brush her hair; would take pictures with her; would always brag to everyone that she’s his wife.

 

If she wasn’t his wife and is just a normal Korean idol, would he look twice to her? Or have a conversation at least? Yes, they did have a conversation before when they sat together in Star King. But it’s more like a decent small talk.

 

Those are the things that Victoria pondered each night. And it didn’t help that she liked it whenever he takes care of her. Whenever he looks at her… she liked it so much, and at the same time she’s scared.

 

She can’t… she can’t be in love with him.

It would be total disaster.

Her career just barely started and she doesn’t want to ruin it.

His fans would be mad and this would affect his career as well.

And that’s the last thing she wants to happen.

 

She wishes that she could stop her feelings and be in control of it. But she knows, she can’t, deep inside her, she wants to love Nichkhun. She is in love with him and wants to take care of him.

 

As Victoria gets ready to sleep, she’s troubled.

“Does he likes me as well? …

Me, as Victoria , and not as his wife on WGM?”