Chapter 5

Collide

Khun was busy checking out the articles about Victoria on the Runway Show. All of them have positive comments and most of the comments were like how lucky he was to have a very nice and beautiful wife. He couldn’t help but smile and feel flattered to read the comments. He was so engrossed in reading that he didn’t notice Minjae walked in his room and was already standing behind him.

He jumped when Minjae cleared his throat.

“Hyung!?” Khun exclaimed.

Minjae smiled. “I see you’ve been busy. Dinner’s ready, so let’s go. I need to talk to you guys.”

Khun followed Minjae downstairs. The other members were already seated, waiting for them.

They ate noisily, as usual. And in the middle of it, Minjae cleared his throat and began his announcement.

“I had a meeting with JYP and the board this afternoon,” he started, looking on each one of us. “And I have big news!”

The 2pm members looked at each other excitedly.

“Are we going to have a comeback? But isn’t it too early, Hyung?” Junhu guessed.

“Yeah, it’s still May. I thought our comeback would be in mid-year,” Junsu agreed.

“No. I think we’ll be having our debut in Japan !” Taec guessed excitedly. “Am I right Hyung?” his eyes looking at all of them wildly.

Minjae smiled. “Yes, you’ll be having your debut in the next 3 months.”

All the members shouted and cheered. They were all so happy and clapping. Japan is a huge business for any idol in Korea. And to have a debut there would be a huge break for them.

“Really?! I can’t believe it!” Chansung said while hugging Wooyoung.

Khun and Taec were exchanging high-fives. The other members are talking excitedly.

“Okay, okay, guys, I know you’re all excited but we have to settle some things first.” Then he looked at Khun. “I’ll have a meeting with the WGM staff next week.”

Khun nodded. He knew that that topic would come up. The moment Minjae confirmed that they’ll have a debut in Japan , Victoria ’s face flashed on his mind.

Turning to the others, Minjae continued to explain that they’ll have a meeting with JYP to discuss their preparations for the debut.

 

In the middle of the discussion, Minjae noticed that despite being happy and ecxited, there’s something different with Khun and Minjae know that it’s about Victoria and leaving WGM.

After more discussion over dessert, the boys retired to their respective rooms. After taking some phone calls, Minjae decided to talk to Khun.

“I’m still not sure if you’re going to have to quit on WGM or they’ll just let you both go on with your own activities. Well, the meeting’s still next week, Friday.”

Khun nodded. “I understand, Hyung.”

“JYP hyung would like to talk to us tomorrow after your CF filming.”

“Don’t think about it too much, it’s still not decided yet,” Minjae added seeing Khun’s expression.

“Yup. Woah! Japan debut in 3 months!” Khun said, diverting the topic. He doesn’t really want to talk about it or to think about quitting WGM. He doesn’t want to…

Minjae stretched his legs comfortably. They’re both sitting on the floor, watching TV.

“You guys are so lucky. Japan’s a great thing, you know.”

“Indeed. Really, I still can’t believe we’re gonna have a debut there!”

“You all need to prepare and work hard for it.”

 

While the two friends were sprawled on the floor talking, the other members entered the room carrying Soju drinks, food and chips. And all night, they celebrated.