Chapter 6

Collide

As Victoria made her way towards President Lee Soo Man's office, her thoughts scambling on why he called to have a meeting with her. Is it about the Runway? Did they picked her as the model? She shooked her head to clear her mind. Whatever it is, it surely is a big thing because her heart is pounding now.

The secretary was on the phone when she arrived. She waved to her and inclined her head towards LSM's door. He's waiting for you, she mouthed. Victoria bowed and opened the door.

LSM was sitting on his desk, busy checking on some papers. She saw her Manager standing, looking out the window. Both looked up when she closed the door.

"Good evening, President," she greeted with a bow.

"Good evening Victoria. Glad you were able to make it since it was a short notice," LSM greeted warmly. "Have a seat. Would you like something to drink?"

Shaking her head, Victoria seated herself on the couch facing his desk. "I'm good Sir, thank you."

Victoria looked at her Manager. He smiled but she could tell that something is bothering him.

LSM stood up and rounded his desk. Facing her, he sat on his desk. "I'm sure you're worried why I called you here. So I won't go on circles."

Here we go, she thought.

"2pm will be having a debut in Japan in 3 months time. According to JYP, they'll be flying there next week to meet with their Japanese staff to start the training. He said the group will be flying back and forth from Japan to South Korea since other members still have some shows here. But some members will have to drop the shows, since they need to focus on their debut. So far, that would be Nichkhun, Wooyoung, Taecyun and Junsu who have shows here. We'll have a meeting with the WGM staff next week. And I wanted to talk to you first before meeting with the MBC staff."

Victoria gulped and nodded. Her heart is beating so fast now. She knew that this day would happen. But she didn't expect it to be this soon. Both her Manager and LSM are looking at her, waiting for her to speak.

What could she do? She can't forced them to let them stay on the show if that would be hard on the other party. Japan debut is huge thing for any Korean idol. It's every idols dream. She remembered Nichkhun talking that he wishes for their group to have a debut there. And this is it. She won't allow herself to be a hinder on someone else's dream.

She cleared . "I can't be selfish, Sir. Yes I admit I want to stay on the show. But, but Japan is a huge thing for them, for anyone. Whatever is good and benefits everybody, then that's where I'll stand." 

She was proud that her voice didn't shook. She clasped on her hands, focusing on LSM's face.

"JYP said that Nichkhun doesn't want to pull out of the show. He wants to continue it."

Stupid Buck, she thought. So stupid.

"What about you Victoria? Will you continue with the show?" LSM added.

She looked down on her hands. 

"You don't have to decide now. The meeting is still next week. You still have time to think about it," LSM explained. "I know this show is special to you."

So he knows, Victoria thought. 

"Minjae also said that they have already cancelled some of Nichkhun's Thai activities," Manager Oppa added.

"Victoria, I don't wanna put the weight on your shoulders here. I want you to know that you could still continue with the show. Besides it's not a weekly shooting anyway. So we could still manage to work it out. We'll find a way," LSM advised.

Victoria nodded. "I... I'm not sure though. If they already cancelled some his Thai activities then I think we should just drop this too."

LSM looked at her with a serious face.

"Why don't you think about this first okay?" Manager Oppa added.

LSM nodded. "He's right. We'll be just here whenever you're ready. Moving on, for a brighter news, Guiseppe Verrardi company called this afternoon. And congratulations Victoria! They chose you as their model for their brand." LSM greeted.

Victoria looked from LSM to her Manager. "Really?! They chose me?"

LSM smiled. "Yes, and they want to have a meeting with you in two weeks time."

"Wow! I can't believe it!" she exclaimed. "Thank you Sir."

Despite the sadness that's starting to creep on her, Victoria can't help but smile and still be thankful for the blessing.

This is it, Victoria told herself. You have been praying and preparing for this. Don't ruin this now please. This is for you, for the group.

She ignored the unsettling feeling and focused on the brighter side. And they continued to discuss her upcoming contract with Guiseppe Verrardi & Co.