Chapter 1

Collide

 

 

Victoria’s in front of a mirror. She looked so pale. She put more blush on her cheeks, to at least add some color on her face.

She looked around her room. It was a mess since magazines and shoes are cluttered on her bed and on the floor. She doesn’t have time to clean her room now because her Manager’s already waiting outside. She'll make sure to clean them up later. She’s not the type who would leave her room like that but she’s in a hurry and doesn’t want to be late.

She has a WGM taping that evening. It was already 15 minutes past 6, and they were scheduled to meet at 7pm. She gathered her things and was on her way out when her phone beeped. She glanced at it and smiled.

It was a message from Nichkhun. “Be careful okay? I'm now on my way. Try to get some sleep in the car, I know you need it. ;) see you!”

 

*

 

In the car, she tried to sleep but she just can't. Her body ached, especially her arms and legs. She has been working out for the upcoming Runway. F(x) has been so busy for the comeback but she always makes sure that she goes to the gym to work out her body. She has to be toned and prepared for the Guiseppe Verrardi Runway Show. It’s the most grand and extravagant Runway Show. Yoona and Yuri of SNSD were chosen as well. It’s also the talk of the town since the show would be attended by the most popular idols and artists of Korea.

Victoria’s fine with her body. She’s not the type who would dwell so much on dieting and stuff. To her, what’s important is the inside. But after the meeting that they attended with the board and some representative of the Runway Show, Victoria heard some of the staff of the Show talking about her being a bit chubby beside Yoona and Yuri, that she’s not skinny enough and it should have been better if she’s fit and toned so that they could get her on the other Runway Shows. She was; of course, a bit hurt but she thought this Runway is a very good opportunity for her, so she decided to seriously prepare for it.

The Runway is scheduled next week and everything is just a blur to Victoria. She has to practice every day for their comeback, then at night she has to work out even just for an hour, plus she has other stuff to do, like shooting for Cfs and she still have WGM. Good thing WGM only shoots once or twice a month because Nichkhun’s also busy.

 

*

 

When they arrived at their Wedding House, they started filming. 

While shooting, Nichkhun’s keeping an eye on Victoria. He saw her swayed a bit and grabbed the table for support when she thought no one was looking. He knows Victoria is so busy with the comeback and the Runway, that’s why as much as possible he wants Vic to just rest.

They were decorating the house, since Nichkhun bought some stuff from Thailand. Her mother also gave them a pretty lamp and curtains. While Nichkhun is busy with the curtains upstairs, Vic is cooking in the kitchen, making dinner.

They finished recording around midnight. Everyone’s tired even the staff and crew so they hurriedly packed up. Victoria went upstairs to gather her things. Nichkhun followed her.

“Are you still going to work out tonight?” Nichkhun asked.

“Yeah, just for an hour.” Vic answered; she’s sprawled on the floor checking her bag.

“You shouldn’t be too hard on yourself, Vic. I know you’re also busy with the comeback and other stuff. So you have to take care of yourself okay?”

Victoria looked up to him and smiled. “Yup. Don’t worry. I’ll be fine.”

“No, you’re not fine. You look so pale now and I saw you earlier at break time, you got dizzy, didn’t you?” Nichkhun confronted Victoria and sat beside her.

Victoria couldn’t hide it from him. They’ve been together for quite some time now and they know each other well.

“It’s a great opportunity for me, Buck.” He always loved it when she calls him Buck. She only uses that when they’re alone. “I just want to be at my best. Besides, this could open lots of windows for me too and maybe for my group.”

They looked at each other and Nichkhun nodded. He’s still worried but he understands. He’s like that too. He also wants to be the best for his group and for himself.

 “Just make sure that you take your vitamins and please get as much sleep as you can, okay? Promise me.”

“Promise!” And they made a pinky swear.

“Guys! We gotta get going!” Minjae shouted downstairs.

“We’re coming, Hyung!” Nichkhun answered.

Victoria immediately stood up and she felt woozy; it’s like the room around her is spinning. She quickly grabbed Nichkhun. He helped her sit on the bed.

“Oh, my… Buck? Could you get the tissue on my bag please?”

Nichkhun looked at Victoria and he saw the blood running from her nose. He quickly grabbed the tissue and gently wiped the blood on her nose.

“Vic…”

“It’s fine Buck, it’s just a nosebleed.”

He’s so worried that he doesn’t know what to do. Her nose stopped bleeding. He wants to call her manager but he doesn’t want to leave her side. He held her until the wave of dizziness pass. He doesn’t want to go so he just texted Minjae to come up right away with Vic’s Manager.

“Stay still, okay? It will pass”. Nichkhun advised as he smoothed Vics hair. Victoria eyes were close and she just let Nichkhun hold her. The dizziness has passed but she still felt nauseous and ill. She must admit it felt so good to just be there, in his arms.

Then Minjae and her Manager were there. A hand touched her forehead.

“What happened?” her Manager asked worriedly.

“She got dizzy and a nosebleed Hyung.” Khun answered.

“Vic?” Her Manager gently touched her shoulder.

“Oppa…” Vic answered weakly.

“Where are the others? The staff?” Nichkhun asked Minjae.

“They already left.” Minjae answered. “Should we drive her to the hospital?”Minjae worriedly asked Vics Manager.

 “Oppa, please, I don’t want to go to the hospital. I’ll be fine in a minute.” Vic pleaded.

Nichkhun squeezed her arms. “Are you sure? This isn’t the first time Vic.”

“He’s right Victoria. Last week, you fainted while rehearsing, twice.” Her manager was so worried that he’s tempted to call the Head  Manager of F(X) for help.

Victoria freed herself from Nichkhun and tried to sit still. She looked at three of them hovering over her worriedly, and smiled. “Yes I know, I just need to rest a bit. Oppa? Can we stay here for a while?” she asked her Manager.

“Victoria...” Her manager started.

“Please? Please Oppa? I don't want the others to know....I'll be fine in a while. Please.” Vic pleaded.

Minjae and Vic's Manager talked for a while, while Nichkhun tucked Victoria to bed. Then they called Nichkhun.

“I’m sorry Khun, we have to go. I know you want to stay here but you still have an early flight tomorrow.” Minjae explained.

“Can’t we stay here for a bit longer? Even just for an hour, Hyung, or 30 minutes?”

“The other neighbours might suspect something Khun. The staff has already left. And so should we.”

“We’ll stay here for a while. Maybe for an hour, I’ll just let Victoria get some rest.” Vics manager explained. “And Minjae is right; we don’t want others to think of something suspicious about the two of you staying here without the staff.”

Nichkhun still wants to say something but Minjae cut him off and he know better than to argue with his Manager this time.

“I’ll wait for you downstairs.”

Nichkhun went back to the room, Victoria’s already asleep; her face so calm and serene. He wished he could stay beside her and hold her hand. He reached for her face and lightly touched her cheek. He closed his eyes for a silent prayer, bent over and kissed her forehead before leaving the room.

 

*

 

Nichkhun was silent on the way home.

Minjae understands him so he remained silent as well. He already knows that Nichkhun has feelings for Victoria. He is present on every WGM filming and the Nichkhun there is different. He tries to be a good husband but there’s something special in the way he pleases Victoria and takes care of her. Others might think that he’s just being the good guy that he is, but to Minjae, it’s different. He knows Nichkhun likes his wife more than what the others could see. But they haven’t got time to talk about it yet. He respects Nichkhun and he’ll just wait for him to open up.

When they arrived at the 2pm’s villa, Khun went straight to his room and sat on his bed. He didn’t open the lights. He just sat there for a long time, thinking of Victoria. He felt so bad that he can’t do anything to help her. He can only take care of her when they’re filming WGM but after that, he can’t anymore. After filming, they’re back to Victoria and Nichkhun, the idols.

He wished he could stay there with Victoria, to stay beside her, to watch her sleep.

But he knows, their managers are right, they can’t do something that would let the others think that there’s more to them than being a fake couple. Their careers are at stake here, and they should all be careful.

So whatever Nichkhun feels about her should be hidden; even from her. 

He opened the lights and stood in front of the mirror.

This is what he chose; he chose to be an idol. And he should be prepared for its consequences.

He looked at himself and saw so much sadness etched on his face.