Chapter 4

Collide

The day of the Runway Show came. Victoria is so nervous that she just nibbled her breakfast, she lost her appetite. That morning, Nichkhun sent her a good luck message. Her other SME friends also called and sent messages to wish her luck for the Show.

Assembly time should be 1:00pm at the Bonaparte Hall, where the Show would be held. It will start at 6:00pm and Guisseppe wants to have a meeting before it starts.

“Everyone listen up!” Guisseppe started. “This is it guys! We’ve prepared for this Show and I know everyone worked hard. After so many alterations, brainstorming, heated arguments and decision-making, the day has come. And I wouldn’t be able to do this without the help of each one of you that are present here. I owe it to you all! I know I could be a pain in the , [to that everyone laughed!] but I really am thankful for all of your hard work and efforts. So let’s us all enjoy and make it a bang! Let’s make it a night to remember!”

Everybody cheered and clapped and after that preparations were done. The backstage was a chaos. The make-up artists are so busy making the models beautiful. The wardrobe staffs are walking here and there, arranging the dresses and suits. And everyone is just so nervous, excited and ecstatic. The production staff was discussing some last minute changes on the program.

It was 45 minutes before the Show starts when Victoria was done with her make-up while Yuri and Yoona are still preparing. Wearing her red robe she went to another room where her Manager is waiting. She checked her phone and was such in a good mood because she has received lots of messages from her friends and families wishing her luck for the Show. She also got a message from Nichkhun, which made her day even great. He said their group is already seated and they’re all excited for her.

She was about to respond to Khun’s message but thought of an even great idea. She looked at her Manager and smiled.

 

*

 

Nichkhun and his group were already seated on their assigned seats, at the end of the runway. Most of the idols were seated there, while the elite artists and icons were seated on the side part of the runway. The room was magnificent. The platform was white. The stage has the Grecian theme with the gold drapes and columns. Their group was seated next to the Super Junior and SNSD. Everyone was chatting because most of the guests were idols and artists. While waiting, Nichkhun got a text from Minjae telling him to come outside. He met him on the hallway.

“Hyung, why?” Nichkhun asked.

“Come with me.”

He followed Minjae and they went to a door on the side that says, For Staff Only.

“Where are we going, Hyung?” Nichkhun asked.

“Later, just follow me.” Minjae instructed.

Curiously, Nichkhun followed his manager to another hallway; they turned left, and then turned right on the second hallway. They didn’t encounter any staff, so maybe this is the part of the building that’s not used. They entered another door. It’s an empty room; no tables or chairs, just an empty room with huge windows and another door at the other side.

Nichkhun looked around.

“Hyung? What’s up? Why are we here? The program will start in a while.”

Minjae ignored his questions. “I’ll give you 15 minutes. I’ll stay outside on the hallway. Just go through that door. Remember just 15 minutes.” And then he left the room.

Nichkhun eyed the door. He doesn’t even know why he’s here or why his Manager left him. He opened the door and found himself in a small garden.

“Buck!” a voice exclaimed.

Victoria ran to him and hugged him. Nichkhun was surprised but he hugged her back and it feels so good to have her in his arms.

“Victoria, why are you here?” Nichkhun asked when she broke the hug.

“Well, I asked my Manager if I could see you before the Show starts and he said he’ll speak with Minjae Oppa. Good thing he agreed. So here we are…” Victoria rapidly explained.

She looked so tense and nervous that Nichkhun wants to hug her again, but he resisted.

“I discovered this garden when we were rehearsing last week. I usually go here when it’s break time, just to rest. And today, this side of the Hall is not used so we’re safe here.” Victoria’s touching the flowers while talking, to ease her nervousness. Nichkhun turned Victoria to let her face him.

“Don’t be nervous, you’ll be fine. You have been preparing for this event for how many weeks. You’ll be great, Vic. Okay?” Nichkhun reassured her. “Besides, no matter what happens, if you’ll get the contract or not, the important thing is you became part of this opportunity.”

Victoria looked at Nichkhun, with her eyes full of hope. “I really want that contract. And hope that I’ll be chosen as well.” Victoria sighed.

Nichkhun held Vic’s hands. “I know. But we don’t know what’s gonna happen next, and what we can just do is give it all our best.”

Victoria nodded. “Keep your fingers crossed, okay? And your toes too!”

They both laughed.

Then Victoria’s Manager entered the garden to fetch her. They have to leave separately.  Nichkhun and Minjae left first.

 

*

 

Nichkhun went back to his seat. Taec, who was beside him whispered, “Where have you been?”

“Victoria,” Nichkhun answered.

And Taec understood. “How is she?”

“A bit nervous and tense. But I know she can do it.”

Taec nodded. Junsu and Wooyoung on the other side of Nichkhun were also listening. “Fighting!”

 

*

 

Nichkhun felt so proud when Victoria came out of the stage. She was breathtakingly beautiful. That’s my wife, he thought.

Victoria wore a black boat neck, long sleeved short dress that showed her curves. Her hair was up in a y messy bun with little tendrils falling around her face. She's also wearing a chandelier earrings and a large ring.

Nichkhun noticed how short her dress was. And everybody was awed because Victoria’s body isn’t skinny or chubby. Since she has been working out, her legs toned her body curves showed. She’s just perfect.

While walking, Khun noticed that she also wore the ring that he gave to her on her birthday. He didn’t know if anybody knew that he was the one who gave that ring since he gave it to her privately and it wasn’t broadcasted on WGM as well. Khun watched the others as they openly admire Victoria. Taec and Junsu beside him were also nudging him.

“Woah, Sister-in-law is really beautiful,” Wooyoung whispered to him. The other members nodded with agreement.

When Victoria stopped at the end of the ramp, she was engulfed by the flashes of the cameras. Since Khun and s were seated on the end of the ramp, he only saw the front view of Victoria. But when she turned to go back to the front stage, he saw that her dress was open at the back, cut so low that her entire back is exposed. He can hear the audience mumbling and whispering about the little surprise of the dress.

Nichkhun’s hands twitched to cover them up. He doesn’t really like for Victoria to expose some skin. That’s why, as much as possible when they’re together, he covers her up. And now, surrounded by lots of guys, he grinded his teeth, fighting the uncomfortable feeling.

Yoona and Yuri were also very impressive and beautiful. They all wore splendid and colorful gowns that any girl would die for. Loud claps and cheers were given to the three special models of the night, especially from the SM family.

Guiseppe invited some of his favorite models and designers to watch that night and to also choose the face of his line for that year. Five of them at the front row are watching the three idols like a hawk, taking notes and observing.

Gowns after gowns and dresses after dresses, with the booming music and lights that engulf the arena, the night went on.

Nickhun was only concentrating on Victoria. She’s magnificent! Her dazzling smile filled the stage and she’s as graceful as a swan. And he noticed the five guests at the front taking notes whenever Victoria walks in. He silently prayed that Victoria will get it.