Chapter 2

Collide

 

Despite their heavy schedules, Nichkhun and Victoria always find time to at least send messages at night before they went to sleep. And no matter how tired Victoria is, it would always bring a smile to her face once she receives a text from Khun.

 

A few days before the Runway Show, Nichkhun went to Thailand for a Photoshoot and filming of a CF. He was also able to meet his parents and siblings. Since he didn’t have time to go to their house, his family visited him on his hotel. He misses his family so much and his Mom’s cooking too. After dinner, he was able to talk to his Mom alone.

“How’s the preparation for the Asia Concert?” his Mom asked.

“Very busy, we found out yesterday that Philippines and Indonesia will be added to the list of countries that were going to visit.”

“Well, I’m sure you guys would be welcomed warmly there. Just make sure to take lots of rest on your free time and your vitamins okay?” His Mom advised.

“Yes Mom, will do.”

“So… how’s Victoria?” Her Mom asked with her eyes twinkling.

“She’s very busy with her comeback. Plus she’ll be one of the models for this huge Guiseppe Verrardi Runway Show this Saturday. So she’s really working hard.”

“How’s her health?” His Mom asked worriedly.

Nickhun looked down. “Not good. She fainted last week during rehearsals. Then when we were filming WGM last weekend, she almost fainted too and she got a nosebleed.”

Nichkhun’s Mom could tell that his son is worried. It’s obvious on his voice. She reached out for his hand.

“She’s a strong girl…”

“Exactly, she doesn’t want the others to know, even her members. And I just feel bad coz I can’t do anything to help her.”

“Of course, you can. Let her know that she can always talk to you. Even though, it’s not too much but she’ll appreciate it more. Make her feel that you will always support, whatever happens.”

Nichkhun smiled. As always, her Mom is the best. “Thanks Mom.”

“You’re very much welcome, Son.”

 

*

 

While waiting for his flight back to Seoul, Nichkhun decided to call Victoria. She didn’t pick up, it was just ringing. It’s a Thursday afternoon, maybe they have rehearsals. He was about to hung up when, Vic answered the phone.

“Hey Buck…” she greeted drowsily.

“Oh I’m sorry I didn’t know you’re sleeping.”

“It’s fine, don’t worry. What time is it already?”

“5pm. I’m actually waiting for my flight now.”

“Yeah, I forgot.”

“That’s fine. Where are your members?”

“They went out. We don’t have rehearsals today so it’s our free day.”

“Why didn’t you join them?”

“Nah… I just want to stay here in my room and sleep and eat and sleep… I don’t want to go out.”

They both laughed.

“I thought you’re in a diet?”

“I am. I just ate fruits, chicken and bread for today. But the steak was really inviting me. Do you know how hard it is to look away?”

Nichkhun chuckled. "I'm sure he was hurt because you didn't pick him."

"I wanted to, but Amber and Krystal finished him off. He didn't even stood a chance. Sulli was crying because she didn't even got to take a bite."

Nichkhun laughed. “Well, Mom gave you some stuff here. I don’t know what it is but they’re quiet heavy.”

“Really?! Woah! Please tell her that I really really appreciate it. Thank you!”

“Anytime. Well, time for me to go. I’ll see you this weekend okay? Take lots of rest. Don’t forget your vitamins too.” Khun advised.

Victoria felt so touched. “Yup, don’t worry Buck. Have a safe flight okay? I’ll see you. Bye.”

 

*

 

When Nichkhun arrived at the 2pm Villa, it’s only Taecyon who’s home. The other members and Minjae were at the JYP Building.

“Hey man, how’s the trip?” Taec greeted. He’s sprawled on the living room, watching tv with his junk food surrounding him.

“Good. Good. I wasn’t able to visit my family so they came to my hotel.” Nichkhun went first to his room to dispose his baggage and went back to the living room. Taec was watching Transformers.

“Hey Taec?” Nichkhun started.

“Hmmm?” Taec mumbled not looking away from the TV.

“I need a favor.”

“What’s up?”

“Well, uhm, Mom gave some gifts to Victoria. And I wanted to give it to her this afternoon but I don’t know how.” Nichkhun explained. “I called her awhile ago and she said that it’s her free day today. So…do you have any ideas?”

“Where is she right now?”

“She’s in her dorm. Alone.”

Taec eyed Nichkhun. “What do you have in mind?”

“Well, I can’t really just go to her dorm right? It’s too risky. And we can’t just meet on a coffee shop. Ugh! Why does this have to be difficult?”

“You know why.”

“Yeah, I know.” Nichkhun sighed.

“Hey, wait a minute. Victoria’s dorm is along Han River right?”

“Yes.”

“Well, Jacob lives there too. Why don’t you meet her there? I’m sure Jacob wouldn’t mind.” Taec suggested excitedly.

Nichkhun hesitated. “I don’t really want to be a burden to him.”

“C’mon Khun, Jacob’s a trusted friend.” Taec commented. “I’m gonna call him now. Do you want me to tag along?”

Nichkhun nodded.