March-29-2013

Not a Seoul

 

 

As Kris approached the kitchen door all he could hear were hushed whispers. Pushing his head to the door he gently pressed his ear to it. Too much pressure and the door would swing wide open.

"It's really embarrassing"

"That's fine. Ask me anything you want to know"

"It's kind of serious though"

"Yeah. Is that Ok or are we being too familiar?"

“It’s fine. I mean I get close to people fairly quickly, particularly when embarrassing topics are brought up so ask away.”

"O-kay~"

Wait, what could possibly be wrong with them? Kris thought desperately hard about what could have been upsetting them. Was it the fact they were stuck with a load of guys, the stylist noona was nice enough but she was really weird at times. Wait no.... they couldn't possibly be asking to go with them and leave them behind. They weren’t that cold were they? Well maybe Krystal but not Sooyoung. Well she has seemed to be getting pretty mad at them of late for some of the littlest things. Was she finally at the end of her tether?

"Well I mean. There are two things"

Now Kris was confused.

"Ok. What's the first one?"

"Well" Sooyoung started "I was wondering if you had any spare... things"

"Things?"

“Yeah…those things with the pretty packaging, they have wings too usually”

“Prettily packaged things with wings?”

"Yeah, you know female issue things... and any painkillers or such"

Oh.

"Oh. Yeah sure. Here" There was a sound cupboards opening and a lot of a lot of rustling.

"Thanks"

"Don't worry about it. As if life wasn't crappy enough as it is, having this problem without any female products and such pretty much sums up hell"

"Yeah"

"What was the other question?"

"Oh ummmmmmmmmm, well this one is the more embarrassing in my opinion" It was Krystal who spoke this time.

"What is it?"

"How are your arms and legs so smooth?"

"Huh?"

"I mean, we all change together and stuff and all of you are so… smooth"

Kris involuntarily smiled. They all changed together? That would be an interesting sight. Even in this post apocalypse, he was still a guy. Granted he may not have been as openly ualised as the others, or in Kai’s case down right erted  but the was always like that, before this all started, hell even pre-debut he was never caught with or doing anything dirty, but that didn’t mean he didn’t  have the same urges as the next man.

"We ran out of razors and wax strips about 6 weeks ago, our legs are disgusting"

Kris chuckled as quietly as he could, feeling his own chin he felt the sharp pricks of stubbly facial hair poking through. Now that he thought of it they all needed a good shave.

"Oh. We use these" More rustling “We pick them up whenever we raid somewhere. They're light so we can carry a lot. And you can give these to the guys too. We generally collect everything we find though, just in case of an emergency."

 "Wow. Thank you so much"

“A shaving emergency?”

“Yeah. It made sense at the time we started doing it”

“U-huh. Well as Sooyoung unni said, thanks”

"It's honestly fine"

“It’s nice to have some girls our own age to talk to”

“Yeah. It’s nice to speak to some girl doesang’s who aren’t as bitter and crabby as Krystal”

“Hey!”

“I’m only joking. You know I love you really”

“Whatever”

"So I think I’m going to go take a bath”

“Do you mind if we join? I mean you need someone to pour the water and we really need to get rid of our monkey limbs”

“Sure it’s no problem. I mean you already showered with all of us when we first got here, so there shouldn’t be a problem”

“Great”

“Do you guys want some chocolate?”

“I have a little bit left in the cupboard under the sink”

“You are amazing”

“I honestly think I love you”

Chuckling could be heard through the doorway as the three girls began a conversation about the best chocolate or something or other. Kris stopped paying attention, once again filling his mind with inappropriate images.

 The thought of 8 fairly attractive girls all sharing one shower was a pleasing one, then he remembered the noona. His fantasy took a rather disturbing turn before he thankfully recalled his noona only showered while everyone else was busy, something about privacy and not being judged, he really couldn’t have cared less.

He returned to his imagination and was so engrossed he didn't even notice Lay and Luhan sneaking up behind him.

-------------------------------

The three girls jumped as Kris swung through the doorway and crashed face first into the floor, followed by an apologetic Luhan and a laughing Lay.

"What the Hell?"

"You scared me"

"Wait were you listening to our conversation?"

Kris looked up into the three pairs of eyes of the girls he'd only moments earlier been imagining rubbing soap all over each other. And that meant ALL over each other.

"Of course I wasn't" Sending a glare to the other two, he began to rise back onto his feet, dusting himself off in the process. "We were walking and they pushed me and I tripped"

Lay and Luhan looked at each other, into the fiery glare of Kris, then back to each other.

"Sorry hyung"

"Yeah, we didn't mean too. It was an accident"

 It was in all honesty an accident. When the two of them saw him standing there all they did was whisper into his ear and ask what he was doing. He was the one who freaked out and fell face first through the door way.

"If you say so"

Silence descended as the 6 young adults sat there looking at one another, suddenly Kris noticed something. Mink held a huge meat cleaver in her right hand. Picking up on his thoughts, she smoothly placed it back on the countertop before hopping up after it and settled herself with one knee under her chin and the other dangling lazily over the side. This look jogged Lay's memory and he remembered the question he meant to ask earlier.

"Why do you keep coming into my room at night?"

"What?" Everyone but Luhan and Mink replied.

"I was making sure you were ok"

"Why?"

"Because I was worried?"

"Why were you were worried about me?"

"Not necessarily you. Pinky tried so hard to keep you alive, she and Sap get way too attached to people, way too quickly and they were worried about you. They wanted to keep you under observation but they need sleep. So I said I'd do it for them some nights."

“Why are you there every night then?”
“Because although they seem fairly clever I doubt either of them realise ‘under observation’ means constantly being checked over”

"But then, why do you leave at dawn"

"Cause that's when most of my group wake up. They made me promise to sleep for at least Dawn till noon-ish"

"But then I see you walking around the house at those times" Added Luhan.

"Yeah. I struggle to sleep most nights so it’s easier to be productive. Plus something’s been bothering me lately"

"What's wro-?"

"Hold up a second" Holding up a hand Kris looked between Lay and Mink, swivelling his head between them a few times before leaning back on the counter behind him "How the hell are you getting in and out of his room at night?"

"The door?"

"But I'm ALWAYS outside his door at night, how do you get in?"

"I walk behind you and through the door"

"How"

"With my feet and legs"

"Seriously how?"

"I told you, I simply walk out of my room, take twelve steps down the hall, and walk through the door"

"How do I not notice?"

"You're usually reading, sleeping or day dreaming"

"Still. I don't understand how I don't notice"

"I walk quietly"

"How quiet are you?"

"Very"

The two of them kept eye contact through the entire conversation voices both remaining soft and almost deadly. Since the whole knife pulling incident in the warehouse the two of them had the biggest issue with staying civil. They hadn’t had a clash yet but that may have been due to the fact they barely were in the same room, let alone spoke to one another; and when they did it always ended up like this and someone had to come and cause a distraction. It was like watching two alpha lions square each other up before the big fight over the territory and women; in Baekyeon’s opinion it was like animal planet on discovery channel… only better…and in 3D…with humans.

The other four people in between shuffled anxiously on the spot, unsure of how exactly to diffuse this particular situation

"What was bothering you?"

Mink looked away first, her gaze instantly softened the split second she stopped looking at Kris. He on the other hand took in her profile for a moment longer. Her face was small, and her jaw was softly defined and her ears were tiny, like really tiny; her lips were really pretty, her eyes too, and her nose, but that wasn't the point, she was way too head strong. How could someone so attractive be so hot headed? Turning his attention to the others he focused on the conversation instead.

"I think someone's been leaving the house"

Everyone stiffened as she continued.

"That's not the worse part." Even she looked concerned "I found blood all over the bathroom this morning"

Automatically Kris felt himself look towards Sooyoung and Krystal, didn't they ask for some of those sanitary products earlier? Doesn't that stuff usually mean lots of blood?

"Couldn't that just have been from one of the girls having their period?" Inquired Luhan, as both Lay and Kris stared open mouthed at his openness.

"No, it was way too much blood even for that. It was all over the sink, on the mirror, in the bath even on the walls."

"No one said anything about getting hurt"

"Exactly, I've already asked the others of my lot and their fine. Pinkly told me Lay isn't hurt enough to cause that much blood and the unnis are fine, I mean I did I quick scope while we were getting changed and showering"

Pay attention Kris. So not the time for this, he thought, mentally slapping himself before noticing Lay doing the exact same.

"So it has to be someone else in your group"

"You think they're hurt?"

Mink didn't say anything, gripping her knee she looked at the floor as it dawned on them what she was implying.

"You think one of us is bitten" Whispered Krystal.

"I'm sorry but that's what it looks like. Once bitten they act strange, lose the sense of balance, begin vomiting blood, then they get a fever and die, before coming back as one of them"

"Has anyone been acting strangely?"

"I don't think so"

"But you don't know for sure?"

"No"

"So we don't know if it's true?"

"Right" Said Mink

"We should gather everyone and do body checks. Just to make sure"

"Your starting to sound like Kai" Luhan scoffed, trying to make light of the circumstances.

"That sounds like a plan, let's get started now"

"Don't be so erted Lay" Pinching the bridge of his nose he sighed "The girls will do the girls and we'll do each other, ok?"

"Fine"

"Let's go get everyone up" Hoping down from the counter Mink was about to step through the door when it violently swung open revealing a and frantic look Chen.

"Something’s wrong with Manger Hyung, Pinky-sshi said to get Mink"