March-4-2013

Not a Seoul

The 18 of them froze. No one spoke, no one moved and no one even breathed; they just stood and looked at the six cloaked figures that stood in front of them. It wasn't that they were scared, of course not- I mean they were made of twelve young fit men, two women of equal health standards and four middle aged adults; plus with everything they'd been through in the past two months, six dark mysterious shapes staring at them from inside a dark, abandoned building shouldn't make them frightened in the slightest. So of course they weren't scared, well maybe just slightly. At least these weren't trying to tear them open and feast on their flesh... which is what worried them.

 
These were the first 'normal' people they had seen for two months, and they hadn't even realized what was going on until the thing reached them; they were just out filming their new music video after pushing back their comeback. They finally started working on it and the last thing they heard was all idols and their families were being evacuated to Taiwan and Japan, and then on to America- meaning they'd been left to die here. After they clocked on to what was happening, they started moving and along the way of the one hundred and twelve that started only these eighteen remained. No idols had died, just staff- which sounds harsh but they didn't care for them. The people they cared for was with them now: the three managers and their stylist and one of the managers' girlfriend. This was fine enough for them for a smaller group had meant it was quicker to travel, easier to hide and there was more food, not to mention it was much simpler to control.

As this awkward silence hung in the air, Luhan stepped forward. He was just as nervous as the others but he had to say something- these people could have just left them out there to be eaten. They were probably still going to get eaten as the amount of racket they'd made had drawn quite a crowd of flesh eaters outside but that didn't matter, it didn't help to be polite.

"Erhhhh, Hello. My name is Luhan of Exo. Thank you for allowing us into your... ummmm warehouse?"

The figures remained still staring at them and every member of their group mentally face palmed. Sooyoung quickly grabbed her hoobae's collar and tugged him back into the confines of their huddle. As they did this, a loud crash echoed from the outer gates of the building. Suddenly, the figures jumped into action and formed a closed circle and began whispering to each other. It was foreign. As if planned, each member of the other group looked towards Kris and Krystal. Krystal glared back and harshly whispered, "Just because it's English, don't look at me".
 
Kris simply raised his shoulders and shrugged nonchalantly, although he would be the last to admit it, Kris desperately wanted to hear what they were trying to say so as the rest of them mumbled to each other, he inched his way slowly closer to them. But before he could even get close enough to hear a single word, another loud noise came from outside; only this time, the door they had what felt like hours ago stumbled through, vibrated and moved slightly inwards. Even the black hoods jumped slightly in shock, they had less time than they thought. As the various black figures began grabbing various things from around the room, they had not before noticed as one figure stalked past Kris and he reached out to grasp their arm.
 
Once again everyone froze, Kris instantly regretted this action. Despite this, as the figure tried to pull away, Kris tightened his grip and mentally kicking himself, he asked the stupidest question anyone in the history of stupid could have ever asked in this situation:
 
"Why are you all wearing black hoods?"
 
The only sounds were of those outside as everyone turned to stare at who the hell had asked such a moronic question at a time like this. Not even bothering to answer the question, once again, the figure attempted to release their arm and still embarrassed as he tugged, the figure turned to face Kris and instantly stopped. The figure held a large knife towards his throat- half an inch closer and the swing would have slit him with deadly zeal. He didn't blink; he gulped and glanced around a lot but he didn't blink. Maintaining what he hoped was eye contact, he slowly released the limb of the shorter figure and they simultaneously returned the blade into their many folds of black material.
 
As if pre-planned, each of the six figures turned and began heading up a set of wrought iron stairs leading up to the second floor of the building. The door was creaking open and yet none of the idols nor their managers attempted to move in any direction. Amazed by their stupidity, the figures paused and looked at them before the shortest extended their arm and beckoned them to follow, and they did not need to be encouraged anymore. Sprinting after them, they caught up and were suddenly plunged into a seemingly never ending, white light.