October-2-2013

Not a Seoul

 

“He’s adorable”

“He’s so sweet”

“Look at his little nose”

“Ya, Chanyeol shut up your voice is scaring him”

“Oh no no no no no”

“He’s gonna cry”

“What do we do?”

Lay’s eyes grew wide as the young child in his arms scrunched up his face and wiggled uncomfortably before he released a long, loud wail. “CRAP! WHAT DO I DO? WHAT DO I DO? HELP”

“Lay shut up, shouting isn’t helping”

“Give him to noona!”

“No. I don’t want him, I need to sleep. Ya! Jiho shut the door” As the manager slammed the door the 18 of them were shocked. What the hell were they going to do now?

“Hyung~” Lay said offering the still hysterical child to Luhan “Do you want another turn?”

“Not a chance” Luhan immediately refused, crossing his arms and stepping back.

“Someone help me please”

“Here” Taro offered reaching out to take the baby, which Yixing readily gave up. “Mink? Can you go get the fluffy blanket from our room?”

Mink said nothing but left to get the requested item, returning shortly with the blanket in question. The others watched in awe as the baby was handed to Mink who wrapped him up and began rocking him. Sitting beside her Taro started humming gently, holding his hands and gazing at him.

“You guys can go to sleep you know. It’s like 2am”

“Well I kinda need to pee but”

“Krystal unni… I wouldn’t if I was you”

“Yeah it’s kinda messy in there”

They all grimaced at the memory of the bathroom about 3 hours ago before Pinkie had kicked them out.

“You two can’t stay up all night trying to get him to quieten down”

“We’ll take turns after he falls asleep to watch him”
“Are you sure?”

“It’s fine. We don’t mind”

“If you’re sure?”

“Suho go” Mink finally spoke, still not removing her eyes from the adorable bundle in her arms “We used to babysit to earn money so we’ve got this covered”

*******

“Xiumin Oppa? What are you doing up?”

“I woke up and thought I’d come see the little one”

“Oh well, here you go?”

Taro offered the baby over to the elder who took it and sat beside her, careful to avoid the body of Mink who was snuggling into the spare baby blanket.

“When did she fall asleep?”

“Around 5”

“It’s only 6 now”

“I know. She was supposed to wake me up at 4 but she’s such a baby hog”

“How come she’s sleeping so well lately?”

“Suho oppa found her some herbal sleeping medicine so she usually drinks some at like 9pm and she just gets sleepy”

“Ah”

Xiumin studied the features on the face of the little creature in his arms.

“Babies are gross”

“What?”

“I don’t get why people always say they’re so cute. I mean he looks like a hairless rat”

“Give him about a month, think about it, when they’re just born they’re forced, face first through a gap that’s about this big normally” She responded, gesturing with her hand.

“That’s true I guess… but seriously why did noona make such a big fuss? He’s tiny, it couldn’t hurt that badly”
“Imagine a deformed honeydew melon forcing its way out of your ”

“…Point taken” Xiumin thought for a little while, he hadn’t spoken to her in a while and was glad the two of them could talk alone, well kinda. “How are things with Sehun?”

“Great” She smiled “Why?”

“Well it’s been a couple months now and…”

“…and?”

“…and I wanted to ask you something personal?”

“Sure go ahead, we’ve been living together for what? 9 months? I consider you guys as family, feel free to ask away”

“Do you and Sehun need any condoms?”

Taro didn’t say anything. She felt her face become flush with colour but despite the blood rushing to the area, the muscles completely relaxed. “I-I-I-I”

“Don’t be so awkward. I mean I know that the supply has been dwindling and Chen and Sooyoung are over and have been for a while a-“

Chen and who?

“Doesn’t matter, But as you two are the only outed couple here besides noona and hyung, I figured you guys may need some more. I mean there was no point in it being the other two using them as you can’t exactly get pregnant while being pregnant”

“Oppa~”

“Look I’m getting old now-“

“Old?”

“Yeah I’m getting on now you know”

“You look like a child”

“Shut up” Xiumin chuckled, careful not to jiggle the baby too much. “Quit trying to change the subject. I thought I’d come to talk to you because I thought you were the more mature out of the two of you but clearly not”

“Oppa, Sorry~” Taro pleaded, adding as much aegyo into her voice as possible.

“Look, I’m going on a run tomorrow with Haeng and we needed to know if you needed any but as you’re only going to keep changing the subject I’ll make sure we’ll pick some up”

“Oppa thank you”

“OH MY GOD! SHUT UP!” Both of the people holding the baby jumped at the angry voice of Mink who shifted and stood up. “I can barely sleep as is”

“Sorry”

“I’m really sorry”

“It’s fine. I’m just going to get breakfast started now.”

“Isn’t it supposed to be Pinky and DO’s turn today?”

“Yeah but considering that Pinky just delivered a baby with no training or equipment and DO just saw a hell of a lot more of the noona than he ever wished to. I think everyone should take at least 3 days rest so no going out tomorrow and no cooking. Consider me the official servant for a couple of weeks” She smiled before wandering off in the direction of the kitchen.

“Is she always that grumpy when she wakes up?”

“No… it’s only because we have the baby here, usually she’s violent and swears like a sailor”

“Jesus!”

“I know”