Little statics in the air like fireflies

Doll in the spotlight

The fact that Junhong so mindlessly hopped into his car should have worried Yongguk but then again he had no time to worry, his concerns revolved around the task at hand "teach Junhong how to walk".

Yongguk was far from convinced that he was suited for the job but the thought of spending time with the boy who so easily seemed to capture his attention was too tempting to not at least try.


He took the both of them to a small café not too far from the school building and Junhong's order of a -double-mint-chocolate-chip-vanilla-milkshake- was making him chuckle to himself.
They slid into one of the booths, the seats furnished with red faux leather, pictures of James Dean and Marilyn Monroe hung on the pale turquoise walls above their heads, obviously inspired by the style of an American diner in the 50's.
Yongguk almost snickered when Junhong tried to cross his long legs underneath the table but ended up hitting the table leg two times before giving up and shoving his legs out in the aisle instead, shifting into a rather comfortable position.


Yongguk took a sip of his coffee, the only drug he’d ever and forever commit to, and watched Junhong for a moment as the boy happily shoveled whipped cream into his mouth.
It felt weird to him, sitting with Junhong outside of school, outside of the venue and simply sharing a couple of minutes together making it seem like they were just a couple of friends hanging out.

And what made it even weirder was the fact that Yongguk was honestly enjoying himself.


Junhong smiled at him, eyes sparkling like those of a kid and Yongguk’s brows furrowed on the sudden urge to wipe the stain of cream from the corner of his lips.

The pink haired boy with his pretty face bought urges to the young teacher that he hadn't known before, Junhong made him feel things he hadn't felt in a while and some he wasn't sure he'd ever felt before.
It was the urge to pamper the boy, to spiral around him like a good fairy, making sure he was alright, making sure his lips spread into a smile as many times a day as possible.
With Junhong around Yongguk felt his life settling back into tracks, like things became easier, some things less important and in a way it was scaring him because after all Junhong was no more than a model and Yongguk was his guardian.

Thinking of all the things he'd done for Junhong's sake already Yongguk knew he was walking on thin ice.
He was getting attached to the boy and that was far from a good road to take.

He cleared his throat, ready to clear his head and get down to the point of their meeting but before he even got to start explaining on the matter of runway training Junhong’s voice chimed.

“Thank you for the drink!...again.” He said and Yongguk watched as his lips stretched into a timid smile, cheeks turning just a tad rosier.
Yongguk's mouth formed a broad smile, teeth and gums showing and for the moment the mess in his head seemed to dissolve.

"I promised before." He said and Junhong nodded about to state it wasn't necessary but then he smiled a little brighter instead and took a sip of his shake.

 

It took a mere five minutes to explain to Junhong about the runway training and from the way he eyed the milkshake in his hand as Yongguk spoke the teacher could tell that Junhong was wondering why he'd been taken out for a drink to receive that bit of information.
Yongguk wondered the same but the answer was simple.
Because he wanted to, because he wanted to spend time with Junhong since their limited time would end once the show was over and Yongguk just didn't want it to.

 

"Say...Don't you actually need to be in school? Not only today but the days before as well,"
Yongguk asked after a while of silence simply for the sake of saying anything.

The CAD teacher couldn't really explain what he was doing at the moment.
He wasn't the type to easily befriend people and he certainly wasn't used to befriending people so much under than him.
He didn't really know whether it was what he wanted, to befriend a 16 year old boy and what would they say or talk about except school matters anyway but since they already were out together Yongguk figured he could at least talk about that.
Junhong looked up from his almost empty cup.
He rolled his bottom lip in between his teeth as Yongguk patiently waited for an answer.
"Well let's just say I've been a little sick more often these days?" Junhong finally mumbled and Yongguk's brows shot to his hairline before settling in a frown.
"You've been skipping classes to do the trainings?" He asked tentatively and Junhong's cheeks turned a slightly reddish color.
He shifted nervously on his seat before speaking again.
"Are you taking me off the line-up if I said yes?" His voice was quiet and fearful and Yongguk swallowed because he instantly knew what he was supposed to do but he also knew that he wouldn't.
"Well...I certainly should as your senior..." he said, his eyes roaming Junhong's slumped figure and the way he ran his finger over the rim of his cup.
Junhong's face fell even more, his lips drawing a pout as the silence stretched on.
Yongguk sighed.
"Let's pretend I never heard your last sentence...So...Get well soon?" He said knowing he was getting himself further and further into trouble but he couldn't care less.
His hand ruffled though Junhongs hair and the boy’s mouth broke into a huge smile forcing Yongguk to smile along. 
 

After they finished their drinks and agreed to meet at the school once more Junhong stayed back a couple of minutes.
They stood in silence, neither of them intending to set into motion.

Yongguk couldn't get the feeling that they'd only reluctantly part out of his chest but maybe he was wrong.
He was about to ask whether Junhong needed something or had something to ask but then the boy bowed to him quickly, thanking him for the drink once more before waving to him despite the short distance.
He jumped onto his skateboard and was off within seconds leaving Yongguk behind with the image of reddish cheeks and flickering eyes in his mind.

 

*

 

 

Five days later Yongguk found himself inside Baekho's art classroom long after school hours, rearranging and especially removing the other teacher's perfectly arranged easels and supplies.
He mentally noted the exact position of each and every piece he moved from its respective place; at least he tried to for the sake of not getting onto Baekho's bad side.
It had taken him one whole day to talk the younger colleague into letting him use the art studio for his runway training with Junhong under the condition of leaving the room behind in its former state.

Yongguk knew he could have used the CAD classroom any time but due to its rather unfavorable size he'd decided to hold their training season at a little more spacious place, thus the rearrangements.

 

He was setting up the old almost antique CD-player when a knock on the door made him spin around.
Junhong was standing there bend at the waist, arms on his knees, head hanging low as he huffed and panted as if he'd just ran a marathon.
"Hey..." Yongguk said tentatively furrowing his brows and took a step towards the boy.
"You ok?" He asked and Junhong nodded his head, eyes still on the floor.
"Am I too late?" the boy asked.
Yongguk gazed to the clock hanging above the door.
Junhong still had a good 5 minutes until their appointed time and even if he were late by a couple minutes Yongguk wouldn't have minded he'd just finished his arrangements anyway.
He shook his head.
"No you're good." He said with a smile and Junhong audibly exhaled.

Yongguk snickered.  

“Do you want to relax for a moment?” he asked but Junhong shook his head.
“I’m good.” the boy said with a little smile tugging at the corners of his lips.
“You want to start right now?” Yongguk asked with a cocked eyebrow and Junhong answered with a determined nod, brushing damp strands of hair off his forehead.
Yongguk shrugged but nodded.

 

Junhong removed his sweat jacket and went to stand at the other end of the room looking slightly disheveled and just a tad nervous.
Yongguk smiled at him reassuringly.
“Relax, it’s just training. Only you and me here so no need to stress.” He said and his lips stretched into that big, bright smile he’d gotten used to wearing around Junhong.
"Ready?" He asked and the boy nodded, taking a deep breath.
Yongguk pressed the play button, letting the music drift through the air.

His eyes narrowed at Junhong's frame, scanning the boy's form for possible flaws in his posture that he wasn't sure even existed.
Junhong walked towards him and posed for a couple seconds before turning on his heel and walking back.
His feet were hitting the beats perfectly and his overall posture was strong but still Yongguk could make out a couple small flaws he knew any of his colleagues would point out instantly.
The song ended and Junhong looked at him anticipating a feedback but instead Yongguk restarted the track and Junhong set off once more without question.
They repeated that routine for a couple of times with Yongguk trying to give as much constructive advice as he could.


“Straighten your back a little.” Yongguk ordered and Junhong did just that.
His features looked much more mature as soon as Junhong was in motion, his eyes fierce but with a hint of innocence that was simply charming and Yongguk thought that Junhong was pretty much capable to hit the runway anytime.
Still he was there to help so he pointed out another minor detail.
“Raise your chin just a little more, you’re representing someone when you walk down that runway. Remember you want to sell those clothes.”
Junhong halted in his steps and chuckled, looking down his own body to see gray track pants and an old black shirt cladding his frame.
“I don’t think anyone would buy these clothes hyung.” He snickered and Yongguks lips drew a little smile.
“Well, just make them.” He answered and pointed to the end of their improvised runway.
“When you walk down again fix your eyes on something. On the runway you’ll be doing the same, just fix a certain spot or person. Don’t let your eyes wander too much it makes you look nervous.”
The older instructed and Junhong blinked a couple times but nodded again.
He his heels and walked back, shoulders now showing more strength than before.
Yongguk grinned to himself making a mental note to tell the boy to stop with his continuously blinking though if it were his decision he would never want to stop the boy from doing it.
It was somewhat one of his charms.

Junhong turned as he reached the wall on the other side, his eyes wandered to lay on Yongguk and suddenly something clenched inside the boy’s chest.
Yongguk was looking right back at him, they gazes locking for a mere second but the intensity struck Junhong to the point where he forgot he was supposed to walk.
It was not longer than the blink of an eye that Junhong halted and just stared into the elder's dark orbs before setting into motion again, his legs feeling a tad more wobbly than before. 

Yongguk noticed the short moment of distraction, noticed the way their eyes locked making his chest feel tight but let it go ignored as Junhong walked up to him.
His posture was way better already but his gaze seemed preoccupied suddenly.
He furrowed as Junhong came to stand in front of him.

"What's on your mind?" He asked and Junhong send him a quizzical look.
"What?" he replied still with his head obviously hanging after different thoughts.
His form sunk in again and the nervous blinking returned.

Yongguk rested his chin on his palm, lips curved in thought as he eyed Junhong.

"Do you want to take a break?" he asked without waiting for Junhong to answer his previous question and the younger boy nodded, still looking a little confused.
 

The teacher pulled two stools from the corners and gestured for Junhong to take a seat who instead sank down on the floor with his back against the wall.
Yongguk raised an eyebrow.

"It looks like I'm about to get a scolding." The boy stated quietly gesturing at the two stools now in the middle of the room and Yongguk chuckled.

"You're right."
 

He abandoned the chairs and sank down next to Junhong on the floor.
It was a weird feeling, a new perspective from down there and somehow it took the almightiness that the school liked to portrait off its facilities.
From down there the room was nothing more than that, a room, filled with dreams of the students that stepped into its four walls every day anew.
The colors of their drawings seemed brighter from the new perspective and Yongguk wondered why he’d never tried to look at his surroundings differently before.

 

He took a moment to take everything in, every new emotion that drifted through his system and the calmness he hadn’t felt in ages, not within the school’s grounds at least.

When he turned to look at Junhong the boy’s eyes were gazing over the walls, examining the pieces pinned to the walls.

 

"So what do you do when you’re not walking up and down for me?" Yongguk asked with a hint of amusement and the upwards curl of his lips.
Junhong frowned, legs stretched out he supported himself on his arms and looked to the ceiling.
His heart was pounding double inside of his chest; the teacher's genuine, soft smile not helping it calm down.
He sat like that for a moment, thinking his answer through before he turned to Yongguk with a bright smile on his face.
"I wait for you to tell me to walk up and down." The younger boy joked but with a tad of honesty attached and Yongguk huffed and rolled his eyes.
He nudged his elbow into the boy’s side and the younger giggled.
"No seriously what do you do in your free time?" the elder asked, this time expecting a truthful answer.
Junhong curved his lips; eyes darting up towards the ceiling again as he roamed his head for possible answers that wouldn't make him sound too childish.
He decided to scrap the part where he'd have to admit he liked to read comics and the fact that he spent uncountable hours skating through the city, ice cream in hand during summer, thick wool scarf wrapped around his neck all the way up to cover his nose in winter.
He hummed and stretches his limbs, Yongguk eyeing him from the side.
It took a couple more hums and a few seconds of Yongguk letting his eyes roam over the others thin frame before Junhong responded.
"I like to dance." the boy admitted and Yongguk cocked his head to the side, wondering about how Junhong looked when he twirled his body to the sound of some random upbeat song, limbs moving perfectly on beat just how they did during walks.
"I can't dance to save my life..." the elder stated truthfully and Junhong giggled.
A soft, melodic laughter filled the air, sending warm tingles over Yongguks skin.
He opted to ignore the feeling and pushed Junhong by the shoulder instead.
"Hey don't laugh!" he pouted and Junhong only laughed a notch louder making Yongguk's chest clench tightly under the enchanting sound.
"I could teach you." Junhong offered with a smile and though Yongguk noticed the little excited glint in the younger's eyes he shook his head and waved his hands.
"No way, I'd break my legs." he denied with a smile, the disappointment on Junhongs face not going unnoticed.
He robbed a little closer, throwing his arm around the other’s shoulders to squeeze him in a brotherly hug that was not intended to make his heart flutter the way it did.


Being with Junhong like this was too easy, being close to Junhong felt too natural and it made the CAD teacher feel slightly dizzy.
He was supposed to treat the boy like any other student or model but he wasn't sure if he could or where he may had already crossed the line.

 

 

"You need to get your hair dyed." Yongguk mumbled after they sat in silence for a minute or two.
The boy nodded.
"Do you want to go to a salon to get it done?"
Yongguk was trying to keep their conversation going but Junhong seemed too immersed in the portfolios he’d pulled out from underneath the stack of fabrics in the corner.
"Junhong?" he tried to address the boy again who shook his head in response.
"No I don't have the money..." he murmured.

Yongguk leant back against the wall, eyes fixed on Junhong who kept flipping through the students’ works.
He watched the pink locks bounce on the boy’s head as he tilted it in concentration, watched his lips remain agape as he looked at the colorful pages in awe.
All the while Yongguk kept pondering on the question that was lingering at the tip of his tongue.
Junhong wasn't his student and even if he were Yongguk wasn't sure if he could ask what was on his mind or whether that was definitely crossing one line too many.
Then again he hadn’t been too thoughtful before either, he had after all agreed to add the 16 year old onto the index; his job had therefore been on stake from the start.
It wasn't like Yongguk to even think of such things twice but three years of having to watch his every move had him consider the appropriation of his actions.

Taking Junhong out for a milk shake was one thing; thinking of taking him to his home was an entirely different topic.
He sighed heavily.
Junhongs head shot up on the stress filled noise.
He looked at him about to phrase a question when Yongguk cut into his attempt.
"Do you want to do it at my place?" he spit the words in an incomprehensive mush and automatically rolled his eyes on his own stupid behavior.
Junhong blinked at him, the pensive expression on his face soon wiped away by a bright smile.
"Alright."

 

It was bad, really bad, for his job, for his reputation and for his sanity but Yongguk couldn’t care less.

 

(Note : I'm very very sorry for the lack of updates on this story! I won't promise you to make em come more frequently because I did before and well...see where it got us ;; Thank you for everyone still reading this and I hope you enjoy it at least a little! and thank you Sanni for encouraging me not only with this story but all the other ones as well!)