Kind of lost but eventually found

Doll in the spotlight

Note : This chapter was a little longer before but I decided to add the last part of this to ch.3. I would have messed up trying to connect them just to leave an update...so I hope you're happy with this anyway! And thank you for subscribing! pls leave some comments~

 

 

 

Yongguk dashed down the hallway, avoiding more than a hand full of students carrying stuffed garment bags from one room to the other.
When he passed by the art room on the second floor he almost bumped into one of his colleagues rushing out the door in that very moment.
The younger male stumbled backwards, almost tripping over his own feet and stared at him startled.
His glasses sat cocked on the bridge of his nose and he pressed a hand against his chest to calm himself down from the shock.
Yongguk send him a bright smile, bowing his head just a little in apology before he raised his hand, playfully saluting to the other.
The fair haired boy snorted, rolling his eyes with an amused smile playing on his lips.
He looked at the clock inside the art room as Yongguk paced down the corridor.
The elder was late by almost half an hour again.
 

Yongguk travelled down to corridors with quick steps, hands clasped around the strap of his messenger bag that hopefully held all necessary documents for the day.
A couple meters before reaching the auditorium Yongguk slowed his steps taking one or two deep breaths before pushing through the heavy double winged metal doors.

When he rounded the corner his eyes scanned the crowd of students and models and he immediately spotted a familiar mob of pink hair.


Junhong was standing in front of one of the students, hands gesturing in the air.
He smirked and his steps quickened again as he pushed through the crowd of people busily organizing their outfits and dashing from one place to the other.
Somehow seeing the younger boy standing in between all these stuck up, snobby people with his bright pink hair and big deer like eyes had his mood lighten a little within mere seconds.
Shortly before he reached up to the boy he called out for him.
It was almost like meeting a friend in the middle of a busy street.
Junhong turned around at the sound of his name and his lips formed a bright and happy smile as he recognized Yongguk.


He seemed rather relieved when the older finally stood next to him, just a little out of breathe. 
"Don't disturb the students Junhong-ah; you'll get in trouble if one of the tutors sees you keep them from working." He scolded with a thin smile playing on his lips.
The boy rubbed his neck in embarrassment, eyes fixed on his shoes as he nodded.
"I was just trying to describe to that student who I was looking for, you never told me your name and I've felt a little out of place to be honest."
The boy replied with a slight pout on his lips, dropping all formalities as he spoke almost as if they'd know each other for years, as if they weren't almost 10 years apart.
Yongguk surprisingly didn't mind at all.
His signature gummy smile crawled onto his lips all the way to his eyes and he barely got rid of it before speaking.


"I'm sorry I'm Bang Yong Guk and I got kind of held up on my way here. Sorry I made you wait."
He excused himself, wondering only a second later why he even felt like doing so, it wasn't like they'd agreed to meet it was just a matter of fact they would eventually see each other when Junhong showed up for measure taking.
Yongguk brushed all thoughts aside and started to roam around his messenger bag for the list of newly recruited models.
"You got to wait here for a second. I need to find someone not all too busy to do the measuring." Yongguk said not looking at Junhong at all as he stuck his nose into his notes.
Junhong nodded anyway. 
Yongguk his heels and scanned though the mob once more, setting into motion to find one of the teachers as well as gathering the remaining new models.

Junhong stood like glued to the spot his eyes following Yongguk as he disappeared into the heap of students.
He looked around the room, fixing his eyes on different students as they passed him by.
Most of them, except maybe a couple of the younger looking ones, were dressed very fashionable and chic with either a classy simplicity or sophisticated exaggeration.
He opted to eye some of the works he could spot hanging down from a whole arsenal of racks and found himself marveling at all the different materials and textures, colors and shapes of the garments.
Though he'd never been too interested in fashion he was simply astonished by the fact that all of the pieces had been hand crafted by the people that were wandering around the very room he was standing in.

His curiosity had him glance into the further back of the room where students were already dancing around a group of tall and slim figures, who he assumed to be models as well.

He took a moment to let his gaze rest on one of the students standing in front of a long metal rack, garments neatly hanging from its pole.
The boy had a thin frame, his short dark hair was combed with little strands of fair pink and huge silver rings decorated his small hands.
Junhong watched as the boys eyebrows furrowed in concentration while he shifted the garments in front of him from one side to the other.
He raised his hand, snapping his fingers in the air and within seconds someone rushed to his side.
The contrast between those two was amazing, as soon as the girl stood next to him she seemed to vanish into nothingness, looking plain and boring despite being clad in a very fancy black dress.
The short boy was giving off a strikingly authoritarian aura looking utterly confident in the simple white dress shirt and black chino pants.
One strap of his suspenders hung from his shoulder and the pants were rolled up to reveal his ankles as well as a pair of black and white spectators.
Junhong felt kind of amazed by the way the rather simple choice of clothing appeared to be worth a fortune as they clung to the boys frame.
A tall black-haired boy stepped into the picture and Junhong noticed the student’s concentrated expression drift over into a bright and happy smile as he looked at the other.
He patted his back, smile still plastered to his face before he turned to the rack again, pulling out one of the garments by its hanger and holding it out in front of the taller boy.
The boy cocked his neck, a pondering expression replacing his smile again as he pressed his lips together in a thin line before nodding.
He handed the garment off to the girl still standing to his side and she bowed to the black-haired boy who, to Junhongs surprise started to his shirt.
Junhongs eyes widened on the sudden action and he tore his eye away from the scenery.

He rubbed his neck as a little reddishness emerged onto his cheeks.
With the idea of becoming a model set into his mind he'd totally blanked out the need to change clothes in public places, with tons of people standing close, male and female alike. 
A heavy sigh left his lips and he stared off into the direction to which Yongguk had taken off earlier.
He rocked back and forth on his heels a little, hands clasped together behind his back as he tried to rid of his uneasiness by taking deep breathes.
 

It took Yongguk more than half an hour to gather all the people he'd listed on his papers as well as a tutor to take on the burden of measuring.
He'd dashed pass Junhong about two or three times in the progress, sending him apologetic smiles that only lasted for the blink of an eye before he disappeared again.
Once he'd gotten everyone to assemble in an empty room he'd successfully managed  to find, to do the measure taking in a more quiet atmosphere, he returned to Junhongs side.

He walked up to the younger boy, watched for a moment as Junhong fumbled with the hem off his oversized grey hoodie, his eyes gazing at one of the models being helped into a colorful, asymmetrical cut dinner jacket.
Yongguk cleared his throat, ripping the younger out of his trance.
The boy spun around, a little hint of fright flashing over his features before being replaced by a short smile.

"Sorry I made you wait again." Yongguk said, feeling sincerely apologetic but Junhong shook his head mumbling a quiet -It's alright-.
Yongguk nodded, the smile not vanishing from his lips.
"So let's get going before the tutor runs off on me again." He suggested, one hand naturally traveling to rest on Junhongs shoulder blade as they start walking.
Yongguks hand remained on the younger boys back as he maneuvered the two of them through the corridors and into a room.
Only a second before they stepped through the door, Yongguk lowered his hand again and walked up ahead with Junhong trailing after him.

The elder walked up to a small, slightly chubby lady with messy reddish hair, dressed in a pair of very loose khaki colored pants and a long oversized pullover, that been patched together using various colors and patterns in all kinds of shapes.
The lady smiled at Yongguk, bright and friendly, honesty shining in her eyes and Junhong immediately decided he liked the little woman.
As the two of them talked Junhong took a moment to let his eyes travel through the room that seemed to be used for something like a construction class or such with all the garment patterns stuck to the walls and high, extensive tables.
Junhong couldn't find a single chair in the room and slightly wondered how many hours the students spend standing at the tables.
The room was rather plain and boring so his eyes soon travelled to the group of people standing in the middle.


All of them were really tall and handsome he had to admit and most of them were dressed almost as stylish as the students he'd been watching before, their clothes clung to their bodies like a second skin, reveling their perfectly build forms. 
Junhong looked down to his shoes and furrowed.
His feet were stuck in an old pair of graffiti patterned sneakers, his laces had different colors and his long legs were clad in a pair of loose baggy jeans, his torso was hugged by a big grey hoodie that hid most of his build.
A heavy breath drew from his lungs and his hands started to become just a little sweaty.

The conversation with Mrs. Banowicz was short, the small lady from Poland was one of his warm-hearted colleagues and Yongguk had no problems introducing the new models to her, including Junhong.
She nodded a couple of times as he explained to her, which model was to work with who and how she had to fill out the measurement charts to make it easier for the students to work with the information.

When everything was clear he turned back to Junhong to excuse himself while Mrs. Banowicz would do the measuring but the way Junhong was standing in the corner like a lost puppy was inexorably melting his heart.
The boy was fumbling with the hem of his sweater again, eyes blinking from nervousness as he fixed them on his shoes, his pink locks hung into his vision and Yongguk could tell he was tense.
It was a quiet different sight to the one he'd seen the other day during the audition but none he hadn't expected to come across.
Junhong was rather young for this after all.

It wasn't that Yongguk had nothing to do, far from that actually and somewhere in the back of his mind his sanity was nagging at him to get his out the room to stick his head into some paperwork but Yongguk choose to ignore it.
He sighed but the soft smile crawled onto his lips anyway as he turned towards Junhong. 

"Junhong-ah." he addressed the boy whose head shot up instantly, big brown orbs attentively staring back at him.
Yongguk forced back a chuckle and gestured for the boy to come closer.

Junhong bowed to the lady but turned his attention back to Yongguk right after.

"Are you alright?" the elder asked quietly, for Junhongs ears only and the younger nodded, bottom-lip caught between his teeth.
The small lady looked Junhong up and down, eyes lingering on his pink hair for a second or two before she shrugged her shoulders just a little.

"Since Mr. Bang already waved you over...why don't we start with you right away sweetheart?" The lady said, a soft smile playing on her lips as she grabbed the tapeline.
Junhong nodded again but stood unmoved.
Yongguk couldn't suppress a little chuckle.

"You need to undress Junhong-ah." he reminded the boy whose cheeks got invaded by a thin layer of red.
The lady rolled her eyes and shook her head, a little amused huff escaping her lips.
 

"Just the hoodie will be enough." she corrected and Junhong exhaled a long breath he hadn't been aware of holding.
Yongguk to his left only shrugged his shoulders as he scratched his neck.

"That's what I meant." He said in a low voice while Junhong pulled the cloth over his head, to reveal a simple white wifebeater.

The short woman nodded in affirmation.
"You shouldn't hide this body under a sack you know." she stated bluntly and Junhong swallowed on the sudden compliment, a little joyful smile dancing over his lips.
He was requested to stand straight, then to lift his arm to the side as the lady walked round him in circles, holding the tapeline to various parts of his body, announcing the measurements to Yongguk who scribbled them down on the paper.

"You have very long limbs." the lady mumbled more to herself than to Junhong as she measured his arms.

"I'm still growing." he stated and Yongguks head shot up.
He stared at the young boy bewildered, a warning glance directed towards Junhong who bit down on his lip immediately.
Seeing as Junhong was supposed to be at least two years older than his actual age it probably wasn't the most intelligent comment to drop, especially not in front of a tutor.
The lady cocked an eyebrow for a second, sending a knowing gaze in Yongguks direction but returned to measuring Junhong shortly after.

"Well height is not a bad thing in the model business." She said, leaving Junhongs statement unregarded.
She took two more measurements, then patted Junhongs shoulder softly.

"There you're done. You can get dressed again." She said with a smile and let Yongguk hand her the papers to skim them.
Junhong thanked her and bowed but she only waved her hand in the air.
"It's ok darling." she said and gestured for the next model to walk over.

"You two can leave." She said as if talking to a couple of students instead of her colleague.
The two of them nodded and excused themselves, quickly leaving the room.

Yongguk exhaled a long heavy breath as soon as the door fell into lock behind them.
"Very close..." he breathed and Junhong wrinkled his eyebrows.
"I'm sorry..." he mumbled quietly but Yongguk shook his head.
"No need to be." he told the younger boy, his hand once again finding its way to rest on the others back.
"Let's see if you get to try some clothes shall we?" the graphic teacher suggested and Junhongs face lit up on the thought of wearing some of the garments he'd caught a glimpse of a couple hours before.
He nodded eagerly, letting Yongguk lead him back to the auditorium.