Our novel became a fanfiction then...

Love Note

                Chloe didn’t sleep that night. Nothing of it was a dream, it was reality perhaps. Reality. Jaehyo hugged her for real. She could still feel him even if they’re miles away. There was a smile in her lips, a broad smile, even though she looked like a complete mess. Her hair was messy because of the twist of turns she made on her bed, her eyes were swollen because of crying too much. It was a simple gesture, a hug, but look at what he did to her. She’s sick…Lovesick!

                “I’m in love with him!” she exclaimed. It was true, though. She never felt anything like this. Just the sound of his name made her blush, made her heart beat crazily. She wanted to see him, every time.

                “I know. I kinda figured that out.” Erynn commented. “He’s handsome though.”

                Chloe giggled. “I know right? I’ll have a very handsome husband.”

                Erynn laughed.  She wanted to pull her back to reality but she can’t just pop her dream balloon like that.

 

                “For your semestral break project, you will be grouping yourselves with three persons for each group. I want you to make a book: a short story, a novel of any kind. Your grade on this literature subject will be affected by the book you’re going to submit.” Their teacher stated. “Make it realistic. And I’ll be expecting a lot from this class.” She said then left the class.

                Of course, the three of them grouped together. “What should we write?” Erynn asked, brainstorming with the other two girls.

                “We should do a love story!” Chloe suddenly exclaimed.

                Rhian chuckled at her. “Since you’re in love, you should be the story’s lead actress.”

                “And Jaehyo is the lead actor.” Erynn stated with a giggle.

                Chloe scrunched her nose. “Then it will turn as a fanfic.”

                “Realistic? Realistic?” Rhian mumbled then remembered something. “How about social issues?”

                “Like?” Erynn asked.

                “I know this underground dance battle. They are divided into two groups: the Black Dragon and the Red Tiger. They have different stories and if you want, we can make a story about them.” Rhian suggested that made them nod. “I’ll call Kyle and we could conduct an interview with Black Dragon.”

                There was one question thought, who is Kyle? Rhian, that evening, showed them a route going to the darkest and deepest floor in one of the most famous hotel in Manila. There was a huge bodyguard and Chloe just passed before him. “They’re guests. Kyle knows we’re here.” Chloe stated full of confidence.

                “Oh yes, Mr. Mercado said he had guests. I thought it’s just you.” The bodyguard stated.

                Rhian just smirked then lead the two of them to a dark, noisy room. There was a huge cage and lot of people crowding it. A DJ stand was at the center of the room. They sat at the most corner part of the room; there are two couches and a table in the middle. Only a curtain could cover the said room.

                “Do you come here often?” Chloe asked.

                Rhian nodded then looked at her phone. “You’re lucky. Black Dragon and Red Tiger are here. They will have a showdown today.” She stated then smiled. “I’ll be back.”

                “Where are you going?” Erynn asked.

                “Just somewhere.” She stated then left. “See you later.”

                “Hey…Wait…” both girls reacted but she ran off somewhere. Now, what do they do?

                The lights dimmed; music started booming out loud, the crowd cheered as the DJ spoke up. “The Best Dancers are here to perform…presenting…Black Dragon and Red Tiger!” he introduced.

                “Do you think they’re good?” Erynn asked.

                “Maybe. Rhian had some faith in them.” Chloe answered.

                The music started, five people were on stage wearing a Red Jacket. They must be the Red Tiger. They danced to a hip hop song and they were great.

                 Then the crowd cheered, it was now the Black Dragon group. There were two people on the stage when the sound suddenly boomed. Chloe and Erynn cannot be fooled, Mr. Jackson. Ukwon and Bbomb danced that on Match Up before. Their movements, it’s the same. As if they seeing Ubomb dancing to that live. Soon, three people were on the stage but the middle person is the best dancer. The person swags like Bbomb and krumps like Ukwon.

                   Much to their surprise, the person removed its mask. “Rhian?” they both exclaimed. She’s the Ubomb love child? Wow, she’s good!

                    The three of them interviewed the members of Black Dragon; they gathered ideas for the book and fanfic. The semestral break came and they’re always together creating the book and the fanfic. Chloe was the author of the fanfic since she’s the one who is always online. The book was entitled ‘The Black Dragon. The Red Tiger.’, it discussed social issues related about teenagers and it just got the highest grade in their project. The fanfic was named as ‘The Black Dragon. The Red Tiger.’ as well. They made Jaehyo the leader of the Black Dragon and Zico as the leader of Red Tiger.

                     “Hey, I just opened our story!” Chloe exclaimed in happiness.

                     “And so? It’s not like someone would read our story.” Rhian, in her own pessimistic ways, stated.

                      “Hey! Don’t be so negative. There might be a reason that made Chloe so happy.” Erynn stated.

                      Chloe giggled before answering them. “We have our hundredth subscriber.”

                      “Really? Who?” Erynn asked.

                      “B on he Block!” Chloe shouted.

                      Rhian moved the phone far from her ear. “Why are you so happy? It’s just another Block B fan who liked the story.”

                      “At least he or she liked our story.” Erynn showed her optimism. “Come on, be positive sometimes.”

                      “And besides, what if this is really Block B?” Chloe asked making her and Erynn squeal.

                      “You do know they’re busy people, right?” Rhian stated, knocking some sense on the two girls.

                       “Yeah…” Chloe answered. “I just hope they could at least read some fan fictions here.”

                     Or that’s what they thought.

 

                   Meanwhile, on Block B’s dorm…

                   “Hyung, stop hogging the computer!” Kyung complained.

                   “Yah Ahn Jaehyo, what are you doing?” Zico asked in his leader tone. “You’ve been in front of the computer since this morning.”

                    Yukwon chuckled sarcastically. “He’s watching videos again.”

                   “No I’m not!” Block B’s ulzzang revolted. “Look at this.” He stated then stood up to let the leader sit in the chair, in front of the computer.

                    “What’s so amazing with the fanfic? Shouldn’t we focus on our comeback?” the leader announced, standing up but Jaehyo held his shoulders, making him sit down.

                   The older sighed before speaking up. “Exactly. And we haven’t had the theme for the music video yet, right?” Everyone nodded at him. “Read the fanfic.” He instructed.

                  “The Black Dragon. The Red Tiger.” The maknae read with his booming voice. “What is this about, hyung?”

                   Zico spoke up, eyes still locked on the computer screen. “An underground dance group.”

                   B-bomb who was just sitting by the couch, spoke up. “So you wanted us to be an underground dance group for the MV?”

                   “We can make it as a gang so that it could fit our hip-hop image.” Kyung suggested. Everyone seemed to agree on his idea. “Nice job, Jaehyo-hyung!”

                   “Whoever thought or wrote this fanfic is a total genius.” He commented on himself then clicked on the subscribe button with the name…’B on the Block’.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Chapter two is updated.

Thank you for reading. Comment, subscribe. Please like the story.

Tell us any ideas you have, any scenes you wanted to include... :)