Chapter 3: Happy Birthday

Love Note

 

December flew by so fast. Chloe’s biggest problem… Jaehyo’s birthday. She just used the twentieth stationary just to perfect her message for Jaehyo but it seems so wrong. “Dear Jaehyo…” she started writing again, this time, coming from her heart. Cheesy as it sounds but she had stated everything she felt on the letter. Unknowingly, it reached three pages. But she had no intention in giving him the letter.

                “What will you do for Jaehyo’s birthday?” Erynn asked that made Chloe shrug.

                “I heard that Block B will have their comeback this January.” Rhian exclaimed but Chloe looked uninterested. “Hey, what happened?”

                “I’m losing hope.” Chloe blurted out. “I can’t do anything for Jaehyo’s birthday. One-sided love is really hard.” She claimed.

                Both girls just chuckled at her. “Aigoo, Chloe. I should be the negative one. Besides, you already hugged Jaehyo. That’s a step up.” Rhian stated.

                “Besides, because of Block B the three of us became friends. Can’t you at least love Block B for us?” Erynn stated. Chloe just smiled, Rhian and Erynn gave a knowing look at each other.

 

                Since Erynn is like a close relative for Chloe’s family, she spent a night in Chloe’s house. There, she found a letter. The letter that Chloe made for Jaehyo. An idea struck her…and she needed Rhian’s help.

                “What if Chloe noticed that it’s gone?” Rhian asked. 

                “Don’t worry, she won’t remember it.” Erynn stated with a grin. “Come on, let’s send this to Jaehyo.”

                “If Chloe gets mad at us, I’m totally blaming you.” Rhian stated.

 

                “Happy Birthday Hyung!” Yukwon greeted early in the morning. It is Jaehyo’s Birthday and they had no schedules. “There are a lot of fan letters in the mailbox. The postman is complaining.”

                “That just proves how many girls like Jaehyo.” Minhyuk stated.

                “Hyung, there are chocolates and stuffed toys too.” Jihoon stated, eating some chocolates.

                “Hey, that’s mine!” Jaehyo whined then went out his room. Their dorm is full of stuffs: letters everywhere, chocolates and stuffed toys. “I never thought I could be this popular.” He stated then went to his habit, checking out the internet.

                There are a lot of greetings on his twitter, fancafe but one post captured his attention. ‘Happy Birthday to my Ultimate Bias, Ahn Jaehyo! I just wished you knew how much I love you.’ It was posted at the end of the chapter, he translated it so he could fully understand. “Believe it or not, I know.” He whispered. It was months and he’s still hooked on the story ‘The Black Dragon. The Red Tiger.’ He’s starting to learn English because of this. Kyung was sometimes his translator and Taeil was weirded at how obsessed he is with the story.

                All day he was busy reading fan letters. Everything was in Korean until he noticed one letter, it was from the Philippines and it was written in pure English. “Kyung-ah!” he called. The younger came to him. “Read this for me.”

Kyung read the whole letter, translating it to Jaehyo. “I just wished you know how much I loved you.” It was the ending statement and somehow, Jaehyo remembered that author. “From BBC Girl.”

“She didn’t state her name?” Kyung just shook his head. What a waste? Somehow, he felt her feelings and it amazed him. He wanted to know her. Is he in love with a fan? But how about the author he liked?

 

“Happy Birthday, Chloe!” both Rhian and Erynn greeted. Christmas Break finished and now, it’s January. Block B’s comeback is just around the corner.  They’ve seen teasers but is not sure what the MV is about.

“I wished Jaehyo would greet me.” Chloe mumbled that made the two girls looked at each other. She was busy with updating her fanfic when something surprised her. “Happy Birthday!” B on the Block commented on her wall and her heart stammered hard, like when Jaehyo hugged her. Oh yes, she can’t forget the feeling.

What is even happening to her? She’s not even sure if that is a girl or a boy and she’s acting as if she’s in love, over again.

 

The Music Video for Block B’s new song came out and it surprised them, Black Dragon and Red Tiger. “Did they just use our idea?” Rhian asked.

“They’ve been reading our fanfic?”Erynn asked. Chloe was fidgeting. Maybe her predictions were right. B on the Block is Block B or someone from Block B.  “Chloe…”

“I can’t think straight.” She confessed. “I’m scared.”

“About what?”Rhian asked.

“I don’t know.” She screamed then breathed hard. “It’s just a coincidence.” She stated then left.

Everything was weird for them. This is not just a coincidence, Block B must have heard of Black Dragon and Red Tiger somewhere. The three of them decided to forget it and focus on studies; they stopped writing their fanfic without any explanation.

They had been hiatus from the Kpop World especially Block B until a controversy surprised them. As fans, they knew that Block B are playful boys but what everyone thinks they did, is totally impossible. Petitions for their suicide are rampant on the internet and it’s just too much. “Be strong, Block B!” that was Chloe’s message on her fanfic. Somehow she knew the message would be passed on to them.

Seeing this, Jaehyo had an ounce of hope left. At least she still believes him. He’s been waiting for her update and the controversy just made that possible. “I think you needed a break.” Cho PD announced. The news is too much for the group, especially for Korean people. “Have a vacation, somewhere. Reflect on yourselves, find new things and learn from them.”

Jaehyo smiled when he heard that and when the president asked where they wanted to go. “Philippines.” That’s the only place he wanted to go. To find the girl who wrote him the letter. Amazingly, Cho PD agreed but in one condition…they’ll learn English.

 

Block B went to the Philippines and it was March, summer vacation for most students. Surprisingly the transfer was hidden from the media, maybe because the controversy in Thailand is much talked about.

“Tutoring?” Rhian reacted. “The three of us?” she asked.

Chloe and Erynn nodded their head. “Probably because of the book we made, we’re the highest remember?” Erynn stated.

“I also heard that we’re tutoring Koreans. They’ve known about the Block B obsession since before so probably they thought we could understand them better.” Chloe elaborated.

Rhian nodded. “Sure, I’ll go. When are we starting?”

Chloe was hyped hearing that Rhian is up to the tutoring. “Next week.”

 

“So you’ll be tutoring seven Korean boys to learn English.” The teacher announced at the three of them. “You’re given five months for them to learn.” She smiled at them who seemed so nervous. “You’ll be fine. I had hopes on the three of you.”

“Thank you, ma’am.”They stated in unison.

The teacher guided them to a room they will be using. Their hearts were beating fast, nervous in meeting their students. But Chloe’s heart had been beating differently, like she’s nervous in seeing someone she wanted to see. The teacher opened the door and surprised hit them upon realizing that the seven boys they’re tutoring for the next five months…those seven Korean boys…are no other than their favorite group…Block B!