Sooner or Later...

Love Note

 


Tutoring class just finished that morning but it was still early for class. Somehow Block B’s English was improving and the tutoring lessons were getting shorter than before. Even Taeil, who was bad in English before, can communicate in English very well. Erynn and Chloe were heading to the cafeteria to grab some snack before going to class. Rhian was still engrossed on One Piece that they didn’t bother her. That girl, when can she act as a woman and stop those manly stuffs?

                Before going to the cafeteria, you could pass by the open court. Chloe was busy talking to Erynn about her date with Jaehyo that they didn’t notice a ball flying to them…more precisely at Erynn’s head. It was one f the things she hated, being hit especially a basketball. She was furious, pissed off that she got the ball. “Erynn…” Chloe tried to calm her down.

                A tall, sweaty guy came to retrieve the ball. Another thing she hated, sweaty guys. “Is this yours?” she asked. She knew he’s a freshman student. Chloe held her arm, trying to prevent her on doing something radical. “Yah!” she shouted making the guy surprised.

                “You kinda accidentally hit my friend.” Chloe stated as she tried to hold Erynn’s outburst.

                “I’m sorry.” The guy stated then bowed. What? Is he Korean? Come to think of it, he looked…Chinese? Must be a transfer student.“Did you get hurt, Miss Santos?”

                Erynn was surprised. How did he know her surname? She just shook her head, dumbfounded. The ball rolled from her hold and the guy immediately got it. Chloe was surprised as well. “Did he just call you Miss Santos?” she asked earning a nod from the other girl. “You know him?” Erynn shook her head.

                Who really is that boy? And what’s wrong with him? How did he know her name?

 

                It had been a week after the school play but the buzz about Chloe’s acting and her relationship with Jaehyo were surfacing the school. “Will Jaehyo pick you up later?” Erynn asked.

                “Probably.” She answered, excitement present in her voice. They were on the cafeteria, eating lunch.

                “Hey, do you know that guy?” Rhian asked pointing at someone behind them. The two girls both turned around and saw the Chinese guy earlier. “He was glancing here a couple of times already.”

                Chloe smiled while Erynn looked totally pissed off. “Erynn was hit by a ball earlier. And the guy knows her.”

                “Maybe because of the school paper.”Rhian stated absent-mindedly. Oh, her pessimistic attitude again. Erynn just nodded in understanding while Chloe face palmed herself. “But I think he likes you.” Wow, this is new! Rhian being a love expert and all.“Do you want me to talk to him?”

                “No!”

                “Yes!”

Erynn and Chloe said in unison, repectively. Erynn glared at the other girl making her shut up. “If he likes me, he will make a move. Not making me wait.” She stated then sighed in exasperation.

                Rhian smirked. “Something tells me it’s not the Chinese guy we’re talking about.” Erynn just rolled her eyes while Chloe smiled, knowing well that Erynn was already caught.

 

                Four PM and the class was dismissed. When the three girls went out of the school, Block B’s van was already there. “A punctual boyfriend.”Rhian claimed as if making a checklist. Chloe just smiled then approached the van. Everyone was inside and they greeted their ‘sister-in-law’. Jaehyo gave her a quick peck and the guys all whine in disgust. Chloe just chuckled at the boys’ playfulness.

                “We’re going shopping. Let’s go shop together.”Jihoon invited. The three girls came with them. Well Erynn and Rhian were both dragged by Chloe.

                Rhian was listening to her earphone when Minhyuk got one of the earbud and put it in his ear. “Halo. Nicechoice of song.” He claimed but Rhian didn’t bother about him. Yukwon was just staring, not sure what Minhyuk is up to. When it was his part of the song, Minhyuk started singing but Rhian wasn’t even looking at him. There’s no other option but to fake sleep. He laid his head on her shoulder, surprising her.

Instead of pushing him off, Rhian just let his head on her shoulder. Then U hoo hoo came on her playlist. She lightly glanced at Yukwon but the latter was focused on the scenery outside. ‘He’s not even jealous.’ She thought then pouted.

They went to Mall of Asia and before Kyung could pull Erynn to him, Jihoon and Taeil already pulled her to look at hamsters. Zico was quick enough to accompany Kyung in visiting clothing stores. Jaehyo and Chloe are on their own world. Chloe was telling Jaehyo that it was where they first met. That she’s the girl he picked in the game. It amazed him, they’re really meant to be.

Rhian was walking lifelessly. She just left the van but she felt tired already, maybe because Yukwon had left already. Minhyuk was pointing at stores but she didn’t really have the energy to even look at it. Passing by a large store, she saw what she was looking for. Her own energy pill…One Piece. Dashing there, she looked at the clothes. There were One Piece Merchandises. It’s a total paradise.

“Rhian?” It was Yukwon’s voice, no doubt. He’s wearing a white One Piece shirt which emphasizes his body. “You’re a fan of One Piece?” he asked.

She just smiled. “Yes, it’s the greatest anime ever.” She stated as she was holding the same white shirt as Yukwon. “Are you buying that?” she asked in which he nod. She tightly held on the white shirt. She wanted to buy the same shirt. She wanted to wear the same shirt.

Noticing her hesitance, Yukwon smiled. So she liked the same shirt? “White looks good on you. Let’s buy the same shirt.” He claimed. “I’ll pay.”

Rhian wanted to revolt but there’s no use, right? Yukwon got the shirt and paid for it in the cashier. He came back after some moments. “Thank you.” She said as she got the bag he’s giving her.

“Wear it, now.” He said with his dazzling smile. All her defenses were gone. Who will say no to his smile? She tried on the shirt, it’s a perfect fit. When she went out, Zico is with Yukwon and he looked surprised. “Why?”

“You’re wearing couple shirts.” Zico claimed making the two blush. “You’re already a couple?” Both try to reason out but there’s no use, everyone was inside the store. Teasing the couple shirt.

Yukwon, trying to be brave, tried to save Rhian from the teasings. “Okay, so what if we have couple shirts? Do you have any problem with that?” he asked.

“Are you two really dating?” Jihoon asked.

“No.” Yukwon answered coolly. “End of discussion.”

“Aish, you’re no fun Kwonnie.” Taeil whined.

They didn’t bother about the two but Minhyuk was becoming gloomy unlike earlier. Rhian and Erynn were together, checking on food stalls and gadget shops when they bumped into someone…someone familiar. “Sorry.” It was Chinese boy again. “Miss Erynn. I’m really sorry.” He said bowing at the girl.

“You’re a mystery to me. How did you know my name?” she asked, full of courage.

The guy, although tall, isn’t even looking at her. “I’m a fan.” He confessed. “I always read your articles.”

Rhian silently left the scene but was stopped when Kyung blocked her way, staring at the two talking. “Who is he?”

“Erynn’s fan.” She answered.

“I’m Zhang Yi Xing but you can call me Lay if you want to. I’m from China and…” he introduced. Erynn was waiting for him to continue his sentence. “Please tutor me in English.” He begged.

Even Rhian was surprised by the sudden proposal. Tutor him in English? But the guy is good in Filipino Language. Why does he need tutoring? Erynn has obligations to Block B. It will only last for one month. , only one month? Kyung was starting to panic. There’s only a month left for him to confess, for him to stay at Jaekyung’s side. , he must act…fast!

“But I have obligations with Block B.” Erynn stated and Rhian heave a sigh of relief.

Lay scratched the back of his head then stared directly at Erynn, she felt intimidated. “I’ll wait.” He claimed that surprised her. He bowed at her again then smiled. “See you around, Miss Santos.” He said as he left, leaving her dumbfounded.

Rhian didn’t notice it but Kyung had already left the scene. When she turned to look for Erynn, she’s also gone. Now there’s no one left to eat with her. Good thing she spotted Minhyuk but he didn’t even looked at her even if she’s calling his name. “That’s weird. What’s with people today?” she asked herself.

She was walking ahead, looking for things to do until she spotted the same shirt as her…Yukwon. Her heart thumped when she saw him. “What the hell?” she asked, clutching her chest. Yukwon was holding a white puppy, playing with him. A sales clerk was beside him, ogling at Yukwon. Well, who wouldn’t? He saw her and smiled on her direction. She gave a little wave to acknowledge him and the girl beside him was now as gloomy as Minhyuk.

Yukwon gave a little bow at the sales clerk and left the shop, running to meet Rhian’s pace. “Where are you heading?” he asked in which she just shrug. She didn’t know as well. “Let’s go back to the dog.”

“Puppy. The baby of the dog is called puppy.” How did it become a tutoring lesson?

“Kaja! Let’s go back to the puppy.” He said as he held on her hand, dragging her back to the pet store. The sales clerk was all smiles with his presence but then frowned seeing their linked hands. Yukwon went on the play pen of dogs and carried the same puppy as earlier.

Rhian was smiling at the childish Yukwon. Kitty-kwon is holding a puppy. He really is fond of animals. “You like the puppy?” she asked that made him nod like a little child.

“You?” he asked, holding the puppy to meet Rhian’s gaze.

She smiled that made him smile as well. “It’s pretty.” She stated that surprised him.

“You too.”He whispered, staring at her.

She blinked then looked at him. “What?” But Yukwon just shook his head as if nothing happened. Rhian held on the dog’s head, patting its fur. He pouted at what she’s doing, he’s never been jealous to an animal before.

“Noona!”Jihoon called with his bass voice. “We were looking all over for you.” And by we, he meant him and Taeil. Honestly, when did that two ever separate. “Oh…” he said as if he discovered something.

“You and Yukwon are on a date.” Taeil stated. “Come on Jihoon, let’s go somewhere.”

“No we’re…” Rhian tried to follow them but they dashed outside. Now, she’s defeated. Everyone might think she and Yukwon are dating.  

The guy put the puppy back on the pen and looked at Rhian and she seemed gloomy. Maybe she’s really not comfortable hanging with him. He thought of one thing to ease her loneliness, dancing. He held her hand and before she could react they were in front of an arcade center. “Dance Revo.”He said as if answering her unspoken question. “Let’s make a bet. If I win, we’ll do everything I want. If you want, we’ll do everything you want.”

Rhian just nodded. “Sounds fair.”She thought for a while, what does she want to do? “I want to buy a coffee ice cream.” She stated her condition. Yukwon just smiled then bought tokens for their little bet.

Minutes passed, tokens were wasted because of their silly game. People were crowding on them, watching as they sweat for the sake of what they wanted to do. Everyone was amazed, how could these two people play that game for minutes…even hours? Even Block B members, Erynn and Chloe were watching them.

“Oh, before I forget…You haven’t state what you wanted to do yet.” Rhian stated while still focusing on the steps to follow.

Yukwon smirked. He will win, he’s sure of that. “Be my girlfriend.” It surprised her that she missed the beat of the step. She just stood there, frozen. Yukwon wants her to be his girlfriend? The guy finished the song and he got the A grade while Rhian failed with a C since she stopped midway through the song. He stood before her, staring into her. “I believe I won the bet.”

“But it’s not fair…” she tried reasoning out. “You didn’t state your condition when we started.”

Yukwon held her hand that surprised her. “I’m not rushing or forcing you. Let’s get ice cream. I’m tired!” And he dragged her out of the arcade center to go in a small ice cream parlor.

“It seemed that all your friends found love, after all.” Jaehyo whispered to Chloe.

The girl just nod but then glanced at Minhyuk. “I hope he’s happy.” She stated knowing full well what Minhyuk is up to.

Block B’s Main Dancer was walking lifelessly. How long will this shopping take? It’s really boring. Instead of sleeping, he’s here…without anyone to date. “Ow, sorry.” He just heard a female voice. He bumped into someone? How come he hasn’t noticed?

“I’m sorry. I wasn’t…” He felt warm seeing the girl. She’s really pretty. “I’m sorry, I’m not looking at the way.” He mumbled, helping her stand up.

The girl smiled and blushed with Minhyuk’s gesture. Maybe, Minhyuk will found love as well.

 

That night, they went to Luneta Park. The boys were amazed at the dancing musical fountain, lights show, and the fireworks display. Knowing that this park is one of the heritage sites in the country surprised them. It holds a lot of history and they were happy to experience it. The three served as their tour guide, giving them the knowledge about the culture. And they felt like Filipinos with the learnings they got from the trip. 

 

                August flew by so fast. It’s their last month of the stay in the Philippines. It’s the last month of seeing the three of them. They gained a lot of experiences while on a different country: the food, the culture, and the way of living. They are truly different in those terms but one thing will remain in their minds, Filipinos are truly hospitable. Although they’re from a different nationality and considering that they’re idols, Filipinos had welcomed them whole heartedly.

                But then one question lied on Jaehyo, Yukwon and Kyung’s mind…What would happen to their relationships here if they get back to Korea?

                “By October, you will be releasing your new song. Think of a concept and the songs included in the album.” Cho PD instructed. For a long time, eight months to be exact, they will make their comeback and they became excited about that.

                “Congratulations!” the three girls exclaimed although deep down, they knew they will be busy and they need to go back. What might happen to them without Block B on their sides? Of course, it will be totally different. They grew accustomed with Minhyuk’s gentleman acts, Jaehyo’s overly sweetness with Chloe, Yukwon’s coffee delivery, ZiKyung’s endless fights and the TaePyo’s fanboying over each other. They knew it wouldn’t be the same without them.

 

                Rhian had started her fanfic ‘Block B’s Pirate Adventures’ which was inspired by One Piece. Yukwon had been her number one reader especially since he’s the lead actor of the story. And since they’re out of ideas for their comeback, they decided to make it a pirate concept. Some songs that they created were inspired by their experiences with the three girls. Cho PD stated that they will shoot the Music Video in Vietnam so that they could show the country. It only means that they must leave early.

                Block B arranged a party for their departure and invited the three girls over to their dorm. They were eating, talking, dancing…not caring even if this was the last day they will see each other. At the middle of the party, Chloe and Jaehyo left to have a midnight stroll. They gave the privacy since it will be totally hard for them to have a long-distance relationship.

                Kyung was just in his room all night, finishing what he had to do. The door to his room opened and Zico pushed Erynn inside. He immediately hid what he was doing. “Yah, Zico!” Erynn called, trying to open the door. There’s no use, it was locked outside.

                “Yah!” Kyung tried to call, knocking on it but they just heard chuckles outside. “I’m sorry.” He whispered and opened the lights in the room, closing the light on his bedside table.

                Erynn sat on Zico’s bed, knowing that they won’t be out for a while. “What have you been up to? I haven’t seen you all night.” She claimed.

Kyung just sat on his chair, the one he’s sitting on earlier. He took a deep breath and looked at Erynn, eyes focused on her. “I know Zico wouldn’t let this moment pass so I’ll tell you something.” He stated but the girl looked confused. He’s great in English but his words were jumbled. “I like you.” He confessed and she gasped. “I like you since day one. You unleashed a different me.” He continued then showed his sketch…the sketch of her. “I’ve been doing this since before. I never thought I have this in me but…”

“That’s really amazing, Kyung.” She reacted seeing her exact reflection. How come Kyung doesn’t know his talent in drawing before? “You’re really great!”

He smiled at what she said. “You think so?” he asked. “But no one could defeat you in drawing.” He stated as he looked at the mini bulletin board full of Jaekyung’s drawing: her sketch of the sunset, her first drawing…and her sketch of him. The torn one from her sketch book.“The drawings are a great memory.” He said as he flashed his heartwarming smile.

Erynn chuckled at him. “You’re one heck of a weird guy, aren’t you? If you just asked, I can give you a picture of mine.”

Kyung smiled. “I want our picture to be a family one with me, you and our children.” Erynn giggled, greasy Kyung is in the house. He sat on the bed beside her. “I’ll miss you. I should have confessed earlier, we might have spent more time together.”

“Knowing that we love each other is enough, Kyunggie.” She stated with a bright smile. How did it end into this? She was just a fan before, but now…Maybe this is what Chloe must have felt. He leaned closer attempting to kiss her but failed when Zico opened the door.

Kyung threw one of the pillows on his bed and Zico was teasing the two of them.

 

After locking Erynn in Kyung’s room, Yukwon pulled Rhian out the terrace and just hugged her. It felt warm so she didn’t complain. “I’m starting to worry, when can I hug you like this again?” he asked. Rhian’s cheek was rested on his chest, feeling his warmth as she listened to his heartbeat.

“You have to visit me often, maybe.” She gagged and even though it was supposed to be a joke, it hurt them both. Long distance relationship is really hard, they knew that. Additional is their fans, they might not accept that their idols have girlfriends.

Yukwon hugged her tighter, wrapping his arms on her. “You’ll always be the best dance partner.”

She smiled, “You too.” She whispered that surprised him. “Thank you for always been there for me like what you promised before.” She knew about that? Zico might have taught her how to speak Korean.

 

Chloe and Jaehyo were on a night date along Baywalk. It isn’t the ideal dating spot but this will do. They needed time to be alone. No one dared to talk, the silence was enough for the two of them. Being with each other matters most. They were scared of what might happen, will they continue this? Will they stop? Will they risk the long distance? All they knew is that they needed each other.

“I don’t want to leave.” Jaehyo started to speak, the words Chloe was dreading to hear.

“But you have to.” She tried to say as calm as possible.

He played with her fingers as her head was lying on his shoulders. The thought of them being away from each other haunts her, scaring the hell out of her until she was distracted with something cold and hard slipping in between her fingers. “This will do for now. Let’s get married in the future and I’ll replace this promise ring…” His statement was cut off when Chloe hugged him with tears in her eyes.“I’ll always think of you. I’ll call you if given the chance. I promise to make this work Chloe.” She didn’t say anything but sobbed on his chest. Oh, how she love this guy so much.