Block B’s First Anniversary

Love Note

 

Since the lesson is all about transportation, the teacher required them to have a fieldtrip. Being playful girls, they made a plan to bring Block B in Erynn’s hometown…Pampanga. “We’ll be leaving, tomorrow morning.” Erynn stated as she, Chloe, Rhian, Kyung and Zico had a little meeting.

                “Your mom accepted?” Rhian asked.

                “Yes, we’ll be staying at my grandmother’s house.” She announced.

                Zico leaned by his chair. “I don’t think I can go.” All eyes were on him. “I have to go to Japan with my parents….personal issues.”

                “But Block B’s anniversary…” Chloe started.

                “Sorry!” Zico just stated that made Chloe sigh. How could a group celebrate their anniversary without their leader? What if speculations will be made?

 

                Early morning and the three were on Block B’s dorm. There were three rooms and they decided to wake up who is assigned on those rooms. Rhian was assigned to wake Jihoon and Taeil. TaePyo love is really true since she saw how Jihoon was embracing Taeil in his sleep. Toto was left on the floor in which she picked and put on her bag. Erynn was in ZiKyung’s room and since Jiho already left the day before, there was only Kyung, sprawled in the King Size Bed. She tried to remember Kyung and decided to draw him later. Chloe was in JaeYuBomb’s room and she just witnessed the most adorable thing ever: Jaehyo in his Pikachu pajama, Yukwon in his blue pajama like what he wore in Match Up and Minhyuk’s huge doll.

                The three girls were on the living room, talking about the boys when they went out fashionable…too fashionable. “You should wear disguises, you know?” Rhian stated with a smirk.

                “We’ll just put glasses, hoodie or mask.” Kyung stated.

                Erynn scoffed then stated, “Suit yourself.” Chloe giggled then went out the dorm with Rhian.

Once out, the three were just smiling to themselves. “Hyung, they’re freaky.” Jihoon stated

“Where are we riding?” Kyung asked.

“Jeepney!” the three stated in unison. They stopped an empty Jeepney and instructed the six guys to get in. Jihoon and Jaehyo had some trouble since they’re tall and their legs don’t fit the Jeepney at all. Soon, more people get on the Jeepney that made them closely sit to each other. Some girls who were in the Jeepney were staring at the guys, making them aware to cover themselves up.

“We’re not riding a public transportation again, right?” Kyung asked but the three just smiled. “Oh no!”

And they were on a public transportation again, LRT *. They were on the last carriage of the train so that only few people were there but they’re still standing. Jihoon and Jaehyo’s heights were attracting attention, making Kyung and Taeil overly jealous. The vehicle started making Chloe lost her balance but Jaehyo caught her, making her blush. The two other girls were just giggling at them.

The bus station for buses going to Pampanga is located at the end station of LRT. Before going down, Rhian had made a ‘buddy system’: Jaehyo and Chloe, Erynn and Kyung, Taeil and Jihoon, Yukwon and Minhyuk. “Make sure that you have your partners with you until we reach Pampanga, okay?” she instructed. Kyung translated it in Korean so that they could understand.

At the bus, Jihoon and Taeil were playing rock paper scissors on who should be on the window. In the end, Jihoon won making Taeil pout. Chloe was the first to seat by the window, expecting Erynn would sit beside her. But to her surprise, Jaehyo sat beside her. She suppressed her squeal and just focused on the scenery outside.

Minhyuk was waiting for Erynn to get in the bus but to his surprise, she sat behind him. He’s about to stand up when Kyung raced him to the vacant seat. Yukwon sat beside Minhyuk but he just glared at the younger one making him leave the place and find another chair, which is beside Rhian.

Rhian was surprised when Yukwon sat beside her. But she didn’t care, she just plopped her earphone and tried to sleep since it will be almost a two hours trip.

Kyung had already noticed how Erynn was smiling at each text message she’s receiving. She must be excited to get back to Pampanga and see her family again. Jaehyo, on the other hand, had been noticing Chloe’s fidgeting. Is it because of his existence? She was writing things on her notebook again and Jaehyo doesn’t have anything to do but pry. Her handwriting…It’s really familiar. Then he remembered that fan letter. Chloe cannot be the one who wrote that letter, can’t she?

“We’re near!” Erynn stated that made them fix their things.

“Rhian…” Yukwon nudged. “We’re here!”

She woke up, her head on Yukwon’s shoulders. She must have fallen asleep. “Sorry.” She stated that made Yukwon smile at her. She was rubbing her eyes. Blinking twice which made her look cute in Yukwon’s eyes.

 

“Noona, we’re here, right?” Jihoon asked as they took off the bus.

His question was answered when Erynn talked to a tricycle driver. “Three people per tricycle, they will bring you to our destination.” Erynn stated. Rhian, Taeil and Jihoon were in one tricycle; Erynn, Minhyuk and Kyung on one; and, Jaehyo, Yukwon and Chloe on one.

“I swear this is like Amazing Race.” Taeil complained making Jihoon laugh.

The boys were dead tired when they reached Erynn’s house. There were her grandmother and some relatives who welcomed them warmly, feeling the Filipino hospitality. There were lots of foods in the table and because they’re starving, they decided to eat. “Where’s Erynn?” Chloe asked Erynn’s grandmother.

“Maybe with her daughter.” She stated.

“Daughter?” Rhian asked, surprised.

Chloe just smiled when Erynn entered the house carrying a little girl. “Hi, Ate Chloe.” The little girl, Alexa, greeted.  

“Hi, Alexa! Long time no see, you’ve grown a lot.”

“Who is the little girl?” Kyung asked that made Rhian shook her head.

Erynn brought Alexa near the table. “This is Block B. They’re your Kuyas. This is Alexa, my daughter. Ttal in Korean, right?”

Everyone was surprised, except for Chloe. “She’s Erynn’s sister but Alexa call her mommy.” She explained that made Rhian nod in understanding.

 

It was summer, the hottest season of the year. Block B had learned so much from the trip like different foods and delicacies. It was a lazy afternoon; it was hot even for moving. “I want halo-halo.” Chloe requested.

“Auntie had a halo-halo stand.” Alexa stated.

“But there’s no one who could shave the ice for us.” Erynn claimed making them sigh.

Rhian suddenly glanced at Yukwon. “We have someone.” She stated, the two girls looked at her confused and she just stared at Yukwon.

“This is hard!” Yukwon complained but Rhian just chuckled at him. “Why am I even doing this?”

Rhian was mixing up all the ingredients in a tall glass: sugar, leche plan, ube, pinipig, banana, gulaman and sago. “Yukwon, I need the ice now.” She stated then darted her sight on Yukwon who was shaving the ice. He really had powerful arms; his muscles were showing off when he flexes his arm. She just shook her head, getting away from the thought and got the ice putting it on the tall glass. She even put milk on the top and more pinipig to make it delicious. “Yukwon, that’s enough. Let’s eat.” She stated as she served those special halo- halo.

“The ice is melting because of him, right?” Chloe commented, teasing her.

“Your stare is burning hotter than the weather.” Erynn followed making the two girls laugh at her.

“Wow! This is delicious!” Taeil commented.

“Hyung, let’s bring this in Korea.” Jihoon commented.

They were just eating the served halo-halo and Kyung cannot help but notice how Erynn was feeding Alexa. The little child’s identity isn’t clear to them but she sure is lucky being loved by Erynn. He felt his heart beat fast thinking about Erynn. If ever Alexa is really her daughter, how could a bastard just leave Erynn alone? ‘Kyung, are you willing to take Alexa with Erynn?’ he asked himself and only one answer lies in his mind. ‘I love Erynn and I love every part of hers, meaning I love Alexa as a part of her.’

“Mommy, can I choose a daddy from them?”Alexa asked that surprised Erynn. “I want him.”She pointed at Kyung. Is this destiny playing with them? “He’s the most handsome among them.”

Erynn shook her head but was surprised when Kyung spoke up. “You can call me daddy if you want to.”

 

It was almost sunset when they went by a pond. Erynn claimed that the sun sets beautifully in that area. Grabbing her sketchpad, she started drawing the sunset that made Kyung amazed. It’s just black and white but the image is a real description of how beautiful the sun is. “That’s really amazing, Erynn.” He commented.

Erynn tore the page of the drawing then gave it to Kyung. “You can have it since you made Alexa happy today.”

“About Alexa…” he started. “Where is his dad?”

Erynn laughed at him. “Alexa is my sister. We have a huge that’s why she thought I’m her mom. Sorry for letting you believe that I’m a single mom.”

“Yah! I almost idolized you!” he shouted jokingly.

“That’s why I’m sorry, right?” she stated in between laughs. Kyung tickled her making her fall on the sand. She was laughing so hard that she didn’t noticed how near their faces are. Time stopped when they stared at each other’s eyes. The sun was almost set down and the skies were turning dark. Erynn’s breathing hitched as she felt her heart trying to get out of her chest. Kyung was leaning in, slowly.

“Erynn?” Then there was Chloe. “Where are you?”

Kyung was first to stand up then helped Erynn stand up as well. “We need to get back. Thank you for the sketch.” He stated as he walked ahead, leaving her dazed.

               

                April 15. It was Block B’s First Anniversary. They had been in the industry for almost a year now. And what better way to thank the fans for their support would be a new video.

                “I wish Zico was here.” Rhian commented as they set up the video cameras, lighting, speakers and props needed.

                “You seemed so fond of Zico.” Yukwon whispered that Minhyuk heard. He just giggled, knowing that he’s jealous. Actually, Zico had presented the fans a present already. He made a video from their recorded song, Close My Eyes. It was actually hot but wind was present since there are a lot of trees in Pampanga. They set up pinwheels in a large land owned by Erynn’s grandparents.

                The music started. Action. It was one of the songs they’re proud of since it discusses about young blood. “Just have funs guys!” Chloe stated. And they just played, danced and sing.

                “Jihoon is in a good mood.” Erynn commented. “Jaehyo looks awkward.” She said that made Chloe laugh. Seeing them this casual and having fun, the Thailand Controversy would be nothing in the future. This is a refreshing image from Block B since they’re so into hip hop with their past songs and music video.

                Of course it can’t be taken in just one shot only. There were solo shots as well. “Yah Chloe, you should wipe Jaehyo’s sweat.” Rhian teased.

                Erynn lightly pushed Chloe to where Jaehyo is. She wiped Jaehyo’s sweat then combed his hair like a true stylist. Although Kyung is full of actions in front of the camera, he was just seated in the corner off cam, staring at Erynn. After that time they talked by the pond, everything became civil about them. They would only talk when it comes to work and he hated that.

                The filming attracted attention and soon enough, Block B fans were everywhere. ‘Oppa’ some girls would shout. ‘I love you Block B.’ some would announce. The boys were kind enough to give them a wave. They also bought ice cream for the fans.

 

                “I think I’m in love with him.” Chloe and Erynn stated in unison then sighed.

                “Have you seen their fans? They’ll kill you if you end up having a relationship with them.” Rhian stated. “Or do you want to have a secret love?” 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Edited...

For non-Filipino BBCs...

*LRT is a train transportation. It is like a subway except it is above ground.

*Ate is a term used to address an older sister.

*Kuya is a term used to address and older brother.

*Halo-halo is a Filipino delicacies where there are a lot of ingredients and there's shaved ice and milk on top. It is seldom found especially in summer so you have to check it out.

 

A big thank you to our nine subscribers! Sorry for the delay in updating...school is just so draggy. I hope you could stay tune until the end of the story.

^_^