Encountering Ahn Jaehyo

Love Note

                April. Also known as Summer Vacation for Filipino students, synonymous to College Entrance Exams for newly graduated High School Students.

                For Chloe, April meant something, Debut. Block B.

                She wasn’t a huge fan of K-pop but because of this ulzzang boy from Busan, she wanted to check out the group. She had been observing him, not in a stalker way, of course, and she found a mystery on that guy. How he project on the camera while showing of his pretty face has a huge impact on her, what more if he’ll debut in a boy group where he’ll be singing and dancing?

                “Hey! Stay out of the computer, your eyesight might suffer.” Erynn, her best friend for centuries, commented.

                And then the moment she had been waiting for whole April came, Block B’s debut song ‘Freeze’ was released. Now, there is Ulzzang Boy making his way into her stammering heart. Oh, how he looked perfect! Her eyes kept staring at his lovely face, memorizing every little detail. His voice…his angelic voice, seemed to stay on her ears for good.

                “Earth to Chloe!” Erynn exclaimed, waving her hand in front of her. “They’re in Korea, you’re here in the Philippines. You know that your mother will never allow you to go to Korea.”

                Chloe smiled. She didn’t know why but she has some kind of faith in them. She’ll meet them. She’ll be smiling with them. She’ll be with Jaehyo in the end. “I’ll meet them soon.”

                May. Erynn’s birthday came. They had the usual best friend-get-together. There was also good news awaiting them. They were both accepted at St. Claire’s Academy, the most elite school in their neighborhood. Proving how alike they are as best friends, they both enrolled as English majors on the said school.

                Erynn was the preserved one. She’s into campus journalism, writing news articles around the school, photography and even drawing, painting or sketching of such kind. Chloe, on the other hand, was the active one. She’s everything Erynn isn’t. She’s the actress of every play, the one who is good in socializing with other people. But still, they’re the best of friends.

                June. The start of schooling. Chloe didn’t stop checking for news about Block B. All their reality shows, interviews, music programs…name it and she watched it all. Honestly, she had already developed a strong admiration for Jaehyo and she knew it will eventually develop into something more.

                “And you haven’t listened to anything I said, didn’t you?” her friend exclaimed.

                Chloe came back to her senses, bowing at the other girl. “I’m sorry, what was it again?”

                Erynn just rolled her eyes, sitting at the vacant seat. Chloe followed closely behind, sitting almost in front of her. “Oh my gosh!” Erynn reacted before biting off her burger. “There’s the creepy girl again.”

                “Who?” Chloe asked, turning around to come face to face with a girl from their class. Ever since the start of the class, they had never seen her with someone else other than herself. She would just plop her earphones, not caring about the world. At class, she seldom speaks…only when asked by the teacher. “Oh her!”

                “You didn’t really have to look at her. She’s really creeping me out.”

                “Maybe she’s a nice girl, we just have to approach her.”

                “Not now. I mean, I want her to be approachable first…not someone who looked like the lead character from Adam’s family.”

                “Seriously Erynn, you’re so bad.”

                July. Club activities were prominent that it became the top priority of students. Both Chloe and Erynn were so busy with their respective clubs that they hang out only twice or thrice every week.

                Surprise, surprise…Erynn is now converted into a BBC. She had developed the liking since Chloe’s love for Jaehyo is like a virus, infecting. She now had a ‘bias’ or in Kpop term, the guy you liked among the group which is Block B’s Visual, the DharmaKyung or widely known as KyungCumber.

                “I think he’s really friendly and approachable.” She commented whenever asked on what she likes about him. His birthday just passed and she regretted that she didn’t have the chance to greet him.

                August. ‘Block B to have a fanmeet in the Philippines on September.’ This event from KCC ignited the fangirl flames in Chloe’s heart. She was right, she will soon meet them. She will see him! For a while, she had forgotten about Jaehyo…Probably because of school works but now that she had high chances of meeting him, the admiration came back…grew perhaps.

                Their first album was out ‘New Kids on the Block’ and call it crazy, but she and Erynn just purchased a copy…straight from Korea. They had been listening to their songs, even memorizing and singing along to it.

                September. Block B sets foot in Philippines. They didn’t expect fans to be this overwhelming, this welcoming. Philippines does have a charm.

                Chloe and Erynn were both awfully excited, lining up to get those free tickets for Block B’s fan event. “Hey Chloe look!” Erynn exclaimed, pointing at a very familiar girl. “Isn’t she the scary girl in class?”

                “Oh yeah, it doesn’t show that she’s a fan of Block B. Let’s hang out with her later.”

                The three became friends over lunch. Of course, they needed to energize their selves for the ultimate fangirl experience. They found out that Rhian, their new friend, likes Block B because of their songs that she can even dance to it.

                Nobody would have guessed that BBCs could be this much considering that Block B is just a rookie group. Block B gave a spirited performance, everyone literally partied hard. Filipino BBCs sang to their songs as if Korean was the only language created.

                It was time to have a small game and Block B members were assigned to look for a partner. Chloe hoped she would get picked but with the swarm of girls adoring Jaehyo, it would be impossible. She was praying, hands clasped together, closing her eyes. ‘Lord please, this would be the last time I’m asking you for an impossible wish. Please, let him pick me. Let Ahn Jaehyo pick me.’ She prayed. There were tears welling up in her eyes when she pleaded that. Desperate, that’s the exact word to describe.

                She slowly opened her eyes and the most handsome boy in her world was standing before her, smiling with his beautiful smile. “Come on!” she heard him say and let herself be dragged by this Prince.

                “Jaehyo has found his partner. Very well, let’s start the game.” The MC announced. “Hold your partner’s hand.” It was like the most amazing thing she felt, him holding her hand. If this was a dream, can her stupid alarm clock shut up for a little longer? “Now, hug your partner.”  And she felt herself being engulfed in the warmness of his embrace. If this was a dream, she’s willing to sleep forever. It was breath taking. His scent fills her nose and her body was engrossed in the warm feeling. Everything felt surreal, so magical. But every fairytale had their own limitations, it was twelve midnight for Cinderella.

                “Did you know that you’re the luckiest fangirl alive?” Rhian commented as they left Mall of Asia.

                “I bet you wouldn’t take a bath for centuries.” Erynn gagged.

                Chloe’s senses were back on track. Jaehyo…Ahn Jaehyo…Block B’s Ulzzang…He stood in front of her, smiled at her, held her hand, hugged her. It was like every girl’s dream come true. She cried, slouching on the cemented floor at the pavement of Pasay while bawling her eyes out. “Jaehyo…He…I…” she cried, chocking on her words.

                Although the scene is embarrassing, Rhian and Erynn knew why she did that, too much happiness. They comforted her, hushing her up. “I swear, you’re the luckiest fangirl ever born.” Erynn commented that made Rhian nod.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Chapter one, everyone...Thank you for Reading!

Tell us what you think. Comment, subscribe, suggest. Everything is welcomed.