Chaste

Confession Of A Friend

CHASTE

 

 

Baekhyun’s POV:

 

Surely enough, I wouldn’t be able to hide my little ‘reunion’ with Chanyeol from Scarlette. With this mouth I have been blessed with? I just wished it would know its place, when and where not to make a slip tongue. I couldn’t understand, from that very point how and why did my heart shatter when I heard Chanyeol’s ‘No.’ Shouldn’t I just accept it, shouldn’t I move on and help Scarlette get over it? Didn’t I promise to taint your life with heavenly lights instead of dreary rainbows?

 

I’m scared, I wanted to protect her and tell her otherwise, that Chanyeol’s just another stupid, blind, clueless guy to even think of another answer. All three of us have taken that same journey throughout our lives, and being the elder one; no matter what, I love both of them.

 

I love Oh Scarlette so much it hurt me whenever she had to stand on the other side of road, crying. I may hurt Chanyeol, but just because I think he was confused.   

 

I shut my eyes as I tried to drift into dreamland; just a little more and I’ll be there, Scarlette.

 

'I want to be your hero, Scarlette.'

 

Wasn’t it apparent enough, my little ways just to be noticed?

 

However, I had not to forget about the truth as well, the truth that the two of them shared something possibly mutual, as I might’ve felt it.

 

I had to make up my mind. I myself was engulfed in ineffable feelings.

 

~*~*~

 

I was then standing outside of Scarlette’s door, clutching a soft and fluffy plushie behind my back. I cleared my throat before ringing the doorbell and fixing my fringe to the side. It was kind of a surprise and I had told her I wouldn’t be coming until the next day, but I had to see her.

 

She stood before me, just staring into my eyes. Filled with emotion, her eyes formed sparkles; but a different one. It glistened with a tear as it slipped unto her cheeks. Instantaneously, my hands cupped her flushed cheeks, bringing her closer to me. Her arms flew around my waist, burying her face onto my chest – like it had been the accustomed to her, me as well. It freaking hurt, seeing you every time like this. Can’t you smile for me, just even today?  

 

Her lips quivered, small sobs escaping her petite mouth. I embraced her soul closer, engulfing her in another one of those hugs every time she needed reassurance. Repeatedly rubbing your back, I thought it would comfort you, but no. I tucked your head under the crook of my neck and made me your wandering pillow to embrace you, even just that night.

 

“Baek – it hurts, again –“ Her piercing gaze made it hurt inside me as if she had repeatedly squeezed my heart.

 

“Shush.” I was then drenched in her trail of tears, but I didn’t care a bit. Her chest against mine, I could feel her heart making uneven ups and downs, the beats shouting it had enough of the shatters and shards it had taken.

 

 

“Baekhyun, they’re together now.”

 

My eyes widened, it hadn’t shocked me, but what had shocked me was how she had done it. Make Chanyeol hers. I couldn’t believe Jia. But it wasn’t her only, I couldn’t deem Chanyeol anymore. I had thoughts of rethinking, but no, he took the stars out of Scarlette’s eyes and that day hadn’t been an exception.

 

“Scarlette, do you love him?”

 

I had to ask one way or another, it must happen anyway. I looked at her intently through my fringe, meeting her insipid eyes. I wanted to know the truth coming right from .

 

“B-baek.. I –“ she let go her grip around me, taking a step back. She ducked her head down, wiping her tears. “Nevermind.” Turning around she stepped inside, her despair hanging In the air; with me aching to know the truth from her. I stopped her on her tracks, bringing her once again closer to me.

 

“I don’t know. I don’t know what love is, Baekhyun.” Her timorous façade had broken down as she released those words. Through all her tears, she hadn’t really known what love meant? She had backed away in an attempt to break the ice that had formed between us. I hadn’t noticed the dead air that had passed. I asked myself if I knew what it really meant, but no thoughts flooded me. Nothing, except for her, Oh Scarlette.

 

“Do you know what it means, Baekhyun?” With an almost expectant eyes laid upon me, she bit her lips. But I sighed, was it the time then to tell everything? But I haven’t decided yet, was it to be her hero, or was I yet to be another sacrifice in another love story?

 

I captured her in a tight embrace when she turned her back on me for the nth time; my arms, a perfect fit with her form. Wondrous, but the words that had slipped my tongue was worth not regretting through all these years.

 

“Turn around.”

 

“Nevermind, Baek –“

 

“Turn around, Oh Scarlette.” I didn’t really call her by that usually, but I just had to. And so she did. The way her soft, brunette hair lazed beneath her shoulders, her hazel orbs that began to trickle sparks in my heart – I had known better by then what to do.

 

“I know what it means. If only, if you can let me tell you.” I had taken the risk between the fine line of saving and sacrificing. It only led me to one answer. It had dawned to me whatever the outcome would be was I hadn’t really regretted any of it. I should stand with my decisions.

 

“Love isn’t after all, found through superfluous words.” I laced my fingers with yours, hovering it over my chest to let her feel the beat that had uneven patterns.

 

“Love is sharing your happiness with the one you love even when the heavens had unpermitted the love you’ve always yearned for. It’s setting the trapped hearts free and letting them pursue its happiness. Even if it hurts as heck,”  

 

I had cupped her cheeks, setting my gaze straight to her. “..but because it’s love, you need to give up and let go; to sacrifice.”

 

Before I had known better of the scenario, our foreheads had met with one another and the decision I had taken was,

 

“I love you.”

 

It was to say I love you. If I were to find happiness, it would be to stay beside you to save you, as if I’d be a hero, and if ever, I’d just be here, always – waiting till you found your way back into him. I love you like that.

 

And I wouldn’t wait any longer. If not now, then when would that time to love you be?

 

My lips had danced its way onto hers.  It took a chaste kiss for me to let her understand. Her lips had swayed together with mine, reciprocating the feelings I had given her. Has she understood then?

 

~*~*~

SHINeesJuliette: Should I end it here? Or do you want to know about the story behind Chanyeol's No? Please COMMENT what you think about this crappy love story If given a chance, I'd write about the TWIST. It depends on you dearies! <3 

COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE!

P/s: And oh you do not want to see BaekYeol's pissed disappointed face from their departure from Incheon Airport. Has anyone of you seen this? 

It breaks every fiber of my heart.