Party Time (Part 2)

What's Our Status?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Ya, Soojung-ah … Can I kiss you?” Baekhyun suddenly asked with that same, smitten smile plastered on his face. He and Soojung were inside their limousine, on their way to the Ball.

Soojung flinched at the question. She had been feeling awkward since the ride started because Baekhyun LITERALLY did not take his eyes off of her. And now, he asks something like this?! “W-what are you talking about?” she flustered and tried to look away but Baekhyun’s hand cupped her cheek, preventing her from looking away.

 

“I said … Can I kiss you?” he repeated his question with a gentle voice. Blushing madly, Soojung tried to shake him off again “Stop playing around, Bae--!!”

Without warning, Baekhyun locked his lips with hers; kissing her softly and gently. Her eyes widened in shock at the sudden gesture.

Out of breath, Baekhyun pulled away and whispered lovingly into her ear “You look beautiful, Love. This is the only way I can express how perfect I think you are right now”

Soojung’s beet red face grew redder, if that was even possible. She looked back out the window mumbling “Geez. If you were gonna do it anyway, why’d you even ask?”. Baekhyun grinned triumphantly.

As soon as Soojung and Baekhyun and the rest of EXO-K from the following vehicle arrived at the venue, cameras flashed here and there, momentarily blinding them. Reporters squirmed through the crowd, asking questions that couldn’t even be heard amidst the commotion. Security guards and bodyguards all kept the spectators at bay.

Upon entering the main gala hall, Taemin spoke through Soojung’s communicator “Alright, Babe. Blink five times real quickly and slowly give me a good shot of the whole venue. I will be able to scan the area as well as the people inside.”

Soojung followed the SHINee maknae’s instructions. After quickly blinking five times, the circle lenses on her eyes began recording what she was seeing. As if she was holding a camera and taking a panoramic, she slowly veered her line of sight from left to right, completely getting a good enough view of the whole hall. “Perfect!” Taemin exclaimed “Good job, Babe. Now, to turn off the recording, just close your eyes for about 10 seconds.” Soojung did so.

 

Kai sighed upon seeing the vast amount of people “There’s DOUBLE the people here than last year”.  “According to the scan, there are about 2800 guests down there” Onew broadcasted to all their communicators “Excluding the ones who weren’t in Soojung’s line of vision, of course. Pretty big crowd, don’t embarrass yourselves now” the SHINee leader giggled.

Soojung breathed in then out “Let’s go, guys” she said and they made their way to the center of the ballroom.

Soojung and the EXO-K members spread out to socialize with the other guests and visitors. They constantly got updates from Taemin and Onew on the guests who just arrived.

The EXO president, Soojung, was talking to some Japanese representatives when …

 

“My JAGIYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA~!!!!” came a loud voice. Baekhyun’s ears instantly perked up and his head snapped toward where Soojung was “Trust that sneaky bastard to pop out when I’ve lowered my guard. Darn it!” he rolled his eyes and walked over.

“Gongchan!” Soojung gasped as the guy glomped her into a hug. “Ya, ya, ya, YA!!” Baekhyun exclaimed as he pried the guy off of the EXO president. “Tsk! I just KNEW you’d come in and ruin the fun” the guy commented making the EXO agent glare at him. Soojung huffed, making her bangs bounce “Here we go again”

 

Like Taemin, Gong Chan Shik, the heir to the Shik Industries, was one of the people who found absolute BLISS in annoying the crap out of Baekhyun. If Taemin called Soojung ‘babe’, Gongchan’s version was ‘jagiya/honey’. He also loved to flirt with her just to see the glorious scowl on Baekhyun’s face. Though he wasn’t running the company yet, Chan Shik (or better known as Gongchan) was responsible for the socializing part of the business since his father was usually cramped up in his work room, tinkering away at his inventions. So, during social parties and event like this, it was Gongchan who represented the company.

 

“Good evening to you too, Gong Chan Shik” Baekhyun coldly greeted as he wrapped an arm around Soojung’s back protectively. “Awwww. Selfish much” Gongchan pouted, feigning sadness “I was just saying hi to my Jagiya. I haven’t seen her in a while, you know”.

“Don’t call her Jagiya!”

“Says who!?”

“Says me!!”

“Shut up!”

“no, YOU shut up!!”

 

“Aish!!! guys! GUYS!! stop it!” Soojung played referee in between the two boys who were sizing each other up “People are looking!”. Actually, no; no one was looking. Everyone who knew them have already gotten used to Baekhyun picking a fight with ANYONE who tried to flirt with Soojung. ANYONE. So this little charade was normal to them.

 

“BYUN-BAEK-HYUN!” Soojung finally yelled. Baekhyun and Gongchan froze and turned to look at her. “You’ve done it now” Gongchan smirked. Baekhyun gulped. Whenever she called him by his full name, it was never a good -- much less a painless -- thing.

“Go and join EXO-K” Soojung glared at him. “Wha?!” Baekhyun gasped “So you’re saying you’re ACTUALLY gonna hang out with THIS guy?!” he asked, pointing to Gongchan. “Hey!” shouted the offended Shik Industries heir. “NOW” she finalized and Baekhyun retreated like a scared puppy.

Smirking in victory, Gongchan wrapped an arm around Soojung’s waist and they walked to the center of the ballroom for a dance. “Geeez. Must you always cause him to erupt? You know how he is” Soojung sighed as she and Gongchan glided through t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter