Status-less and SNSD

What's Our Status?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Baekhyun was pouting all the while, on the way back home from the gala. Soojung was lying on the limousine seat, leaning her head on his lap “What’s wrong now, Baek?” she sighed.

Baekhyun’s frown deepened “It’s unfair. You seduce me in to forgiving you by letting your hair down. In the end, you still hung out with that darn Gong Chan Shik for the rest of the night”. She lightly giggled “Aigooo … it’s not MY fault you’re a creepy geezer who has a weakness for my hair. And besides! I didn’t hang out with JUST Gongchan, you know”

“I’m NOT a creepy geezer!”

Soojung giggled again then yawned “Just let me off this once, Baek. I haven’t gotten together with those friends in a while. And how many times do I have to tell you that you DON’T have to worry about Gongchan or Taemin or any guy that’s close to me!” she explained. Baekhyun pursed his lips, unable to think of a rebut. “Except Luhan oppa” Soojung suddenly muttered “Yeah. I think Luhan oppa is one you should watch out for”

“WHA!?!” Baekhyun looked down at her in shock. He knew FULL WELL of Soojung’s crush on Luhan since they were in middle school and she loved to about it “Ya!!You!!” he cried. Soojung laughed and hugged her stomach “I was just joking!!” she said in between her laughs.

“That is so not funny!” Baekhyun scolded, making her laugh even more. For a while, the car was filled with Soojung’s light laughter. Baekhyun was frowning the whole time and when she finally calmed down, Soojung reached up and cupped his cheek “I was just joking, Baek” she said again but with a more serious and sweet voice this time. She giggled “You’re seriously so fun to tease, you know! And you wonder why everyone just loves having fun with you” then she yawned.

“But--“ Baekhyun was about to argue again but when he looked back down at her, she had already drifted off to sleep.

He smiled gently and brushed a stray strand of her hair aside. He ran his fingers through her long hair in silence, just basking in her beauty “You’re so unfair … always making me lose without doing anything” he mumbled, smiling.

*beep!* *beep!* *beep!* *beep!* …

The alarm clock rang in Soojung and Baekhyun’s room the next morning. Soojung groaned and slowly sat up, turning off the darn thing. She yawned and rubbed her eyes. Baekhyun was still sleeping like a log beside her. She smiled and his cheek before sliding off the bed and doing her morning routine.

 

She had just finished brushing her teeth when she saw a small, white light blinking in the living room wall. She touched it and a screen came out, revealing Taemin’s smiling face “Gooo~oood Morning, Babe~!” he sang. Soojung blinked at him “Oh, Good morning, Taem … what’s up? Got anything for me?” she asked. “As a matter of fact, I do” he beamed “A briefing meeting … with the world leaders and other higher ups”. “Omo! Really?” Soojung gasped “When?”. “Three days from now”

“Alright. I got it. Tell EXO-K to meet me in the conference room this afternoon. Oh yeah! And send Baek out on a solo mission for me, will ya?”

“Sure thing! Anything for you, Babe” he giggled. “Get Key oppa on the line for me too, please. Thanks Taem!”

 

 

 

“Kibummie oppa! Good morning!” Soojung greeted while speaking to Key through a phone call being broadcasted to her Bluetooth ear piece.

“Morning, sweets!” (Everyone had their own little nickname for Soojung) Key greeted back “What’s up?”. “Actually, there’s a briefing meeting coming up and I want you to get something for me, oppa”. “Oh. I see. Sure! What is it?”

Soojung smiled to no one in particular “Just some … ‘documents’ to keep Baekhyun at bay” she giggled.

 

After her phone call with Key, Soojung slumped down on the couch and sighed. Baekhyun had just woken up and was now drowsily talking with Taemin through his ear piece communicator “What? London? So suddenly?” he asked before leaning in and giving Soojung her good morning kiss “Fine, fine! I’ll do it”.

“Good luck in London, Baek!” Soojung beamed. Baekhyun groaned and lazily made his way back to the room to get ready while muttering “I wanted to bum out today, darn it. Last night still pisses me off”

 

“Oh Soojung …” Dasom, Soojung’s college friend, sighed as she and the EXO president were at a restaurant that noon, for lunch “Just when … WHEN will you officialize your relationship with Byun Baekhyun?!”

Of course, despite their very intense lives in the EXO organization, Soojung and all the other EXO agents, had normal lives too! More like double lives. They WERE at an age where youth should be spent to the fullest after all. So the original EXO president, Soojung’s father, made it a point to let them experience the real world in some ways.

Therefore, even if all of them mentally graduated college with a PhD degree at high school ages, they still went to Seoul University as normal students.

Soojung choked on the soda she was sipping “Where the heck did that come from, Dasom-ah?” she coughed.

“The whole school’s been talking about it since … FOREVER!”

“Tch! People should just mind their own business”

“Well … since you’re already receiving so much hate for being close to the six hottest guys in school, Fangirls are hoping that you’d just tell everyone which of them is your boyfriend. Baekhyun’s fangirls, especially … something about giving them false hopes then crushing them with your expensive stiletto heels”

Soojung rolled her eyes at the news. Like what the heck?! She has a serious briefing meeting in a few days and she has to worry about something like this? Ridiculous!

“Plus …” Dasom added “I’m sure Baekhyun wants to know too. Poor guy” she pouted. Soojung sighed “Things between Baek and I are going just fine. There’s no need to complicate it with a useless status sign” she finalized and Dasom just shrugged “Suit yourself. But seriously, you should consider it, Soojung-ah”

Their food arrived, cutting their conversation there. Soojung was suddenly thrown into her thoughts “Baek doesn’t mind that I’m not saying anything, right? It has always been like that, He never mentioned anything about it being a bad thing.”

“I wonder what Soojung noona wants to talk about this afternoon” Sehun wondered aloud as he, Su ho, Kai, D.O and Chanyeol were ‘strutting’ the corridors of Seoul University. Every girl they passed would either squeal, faint or stare. It was a normal thing for them now.

“Whatever it is, it must be important. She doesn’t call us into the conference room if it doesn’t involve business” D.O commented, the other members nodded in agreement. Kai suddenly giggled to himself “I wonder how Baekhyun hyung is holding up on his security operation with the royal brats. Wanna bet he’s gonna come home PMS-ing like an ahjumma?” he laughed, causing a round of laughter among EXO-K as well.

 

“Urgh!!!” Baekhyun groaned inwardly as he kept a close watch on the three royal brats running around wildly in the room. His mission was to simply provide security to the three youngest members of the English Royal Family while the adults had a gathering someplace else. Though members of royalty, these kids were no different from others: a complete pain in the … times three!

“Bacon! Bacon! Bacon! Bacon!!” the youngest little girl, named Amy, jumped up and down in front of the EXO agent in glee. Bae

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter