11

Into Your World/Angel

What? Seriously, is this guy really asking me to join SME? That top company whose also the home of TVXQ, Suju, SNSD, Shinee, f(x), Exo and.. and Se hun? I just can't.. Am I dreaming? Did I fell asleep while waiting here at the cafe'? I secretly stomped at my own feet. I felt it.. I'm not dreaming. But still, it's kinda unbelievable. I just stared at the man, well now let's start to call him mr. Kang Sung Myun, waiting for him to say that it is a joke or that I am hearing things. But no, instead, he chuckled.

 

"Oh, I'm sorry. I forgot that everything, aside from numbers in the business card I gave you were written in hangeul and that you are not korean. You're probably thinking what I am saying. Silly me.. Oh well, I am Mr. Kang Su.."

 

"Aniya. Gwaenchanayo. I can read it." I interrupted him. I know I'm still in a daze when I said that but it's all sinking into me now.

First, I am not dreaming, And second, this guy, err, Mr. Kang is asking me to join SME and he's serious. I don't know how to react. I wanna jump, I'm so excited right now. Urgh, ______ get a hold of yourself.

 

I looked at him.

"Oh, so you know korean?" he finally asked, in korean.

 

"Neh." Was my short answer. I looked at him for a moment. He seemed delighted by the fact that I can speak his language.

 

"That would be better, then. So, as for being a trainee, I mean, the first time we saw you, you look something special. We know there's a star potential in you and if you will agree, we will train you. Our company can bring out the best in you. I really hope you would say yes." he told me.

 

Of course I want to, when I was a little younger, I wanted to act, to sing and dance on stage and I think it's actually a chance for me to be able to do that now. Especially that this company is also Se Hun's company, it means I'll get close to him.. I could finally be in his world. But of course, just like what they always say, don't make decisions when you are hyped by your emotions because you might just regret it at the end. So I didn't say yes. I kept quiet for a few minutes and mr. Kang seems to be considerate as he just sat there, waiting for my reply. I don't now what to say. So I first asked him things about being a trainee and if I will say yes, what will happen next.

 

"Well, you'll be a special trainee. It's mainly because we recruited you. Since you don't live in Korea, our company will be the one to pay for your travel expenses. And like what I've said, because you're a special trainee, you have an allowance. So it's like you're a trainee with pay."

 

I nodded. It's not bad, besides I think that it's interesting.. to be a trainee.

 

"Well, then when will I have to leave my country? And as a trainee, how many times each month could I have to visit my family back home?" I asked him. I know I've been asking too much and he's probably irritated but I really have to know about things like those.

 

Mr. Kang fell silent at my question. After a few seconds of hesitation, he finally spoke.

 

"Well, ugh, when you want something, you gotta sacrifice something else. If you will say yes now, we will immediately fix your visa and you will start training if not next, next week, then next month. As for the family thing, I don't know, I'm sorry. You can visit them but I can't assure you that it will be frequent."

 

I was speechless with his answer. Sacrifice something else for something you really want? Of course he's talking about my family. I will have to leave them of course because I will move to Korea. It means I will have to sacrifice my time and my days with my family to train. I thought more. That's when I came to a realization that it's not only my family that I have to sacrifice.

3 months from now and I will be graduating. If I will train with them, then I'd have to leave school. I can continue of course but I know I'll regret it soon if I will stop now. Imagine, 3 months.. just that span of time and all my efforts will be paid-off and my family's dreams for me will be finally reality. I couldn't disappoint them, besides, if I'll choose to be a trainee, I don't even know if I would be able to debut as an idol.. So at this moment, I've made up my mind. Even though I want to accept this offer and probably, there will come a time that I will regret and wish I had chosen the other option, I'm decided. As much as I want to be an idol and to be with Se Hun,

my family and education is more important..