It's a Hard Time

Saranghae Baboya (I love you, idiot)

Your POV

I wasn’t really asleep when one of the trainees asked Seunghyun about his feelings for me. When Seunghyun basically answered that he didn’t love me, but he didn’t hate me and for now I can live with that.

I then let myself fall asleep wondering when I’ll be woken up.

 

Seunghyun wakes me up and I’m handed my phone as I check the time too see it’s late and about everyone is gone.

“Where is everyone?”

“They went home a while ago, but I couldn’t seem to wake you up.”

I nod my head as I sit there looking at nothing when really I’m looking at everything.

I suddenly feel like going down too a place that I haven’t been too in years.

“Seunghyun, do you want to go somewhere with me?”

“Are you sure it’s kind of late?”

“Yeah… I think I need too stop there now before I change my mind.”

He nods his head as I lead him too a not so great part of the city.

“Where are we going?”

I smile as I stop at a still open building with kids all around.

I sneak in waving too the ones I still remember.

I walk into a room filled with kids and a stunning female instructor that’s still beautiful and energetic in her mid fiftys… Not that I told you.

“Is that you, Sun Hi?”

I smile at her and she smiles back, “Everyone this is Sun Hi, my most talented student.”

I smile as I walk over to her and give her a hug.

“I can’t believe that this place is still here along with you.”

She pulls me away from her and smiles slightly, “Yeah, same here. I can’t believe I get too see you so soon after your family sent you off. So how is my natural doing?”

I sit down as I shrug my shoulders, “I lost my muse. I don’t have much of a will too keep on dancing. Instead I simply want to live. I have such a promising future in all of this, but how can that be if I barely have the urge to dance anymore.”

I hear some kids drop things as I look around a few I can simi remember.

“Sun Hi,” one kid shouts, “what the hell is wrong with you? How can you think of quitting?”

I look over too see a young boy that I remember slightly from when I was here.

“Sam, I never completely said that I’d quit… I said I was thinking of it.”

“Still… Noona,, you can’t do that.”

“Why?” I ask interested in what he has to say.

“Cause noona’s dancing helped me a lot. I didn’t have much until you started to teach me. I learned so much about myself and everyone else.I learned to talk cause of you.”

I know he’s right. When Sam first came here everyone thought he was a mute, but after I started talking to him and teaching him he soon opened up and spoke to me.

I smile slightly as I nod my head, ‘True, but if I stop dancing will that affect you truly.”

He nods his head, “It will. Noona gave me strength so how am I going too be strong if noona has given up.”

I stay silent as I think of what he says. Touched by his words and even more when the kids that I know nod their heads agreeing with him.

I feel touched by the kids and how they seem to care about me or at least they seem too.

“Why don’t you stop here once in awhile and help me with some of the kids?”

“Sure. Sun Hi can you stay for a bit for I can talk to you.”

“Sure,” I nod my head and Seunghyun smiles as he looks over at me.

I sit down and watch the small classes go through and kids having fun. That’s something that I wish that I could remember…. what it’s like having fun.

Yet watching these kids it reminds me of the good old days. The days when all I could do was hear a beat and I’d happily move too the sound. I still remember my childhood friend Jongin. Though we used to hate each other when we first met.  It was pretty funny. We were wild as kids I guess and we got in a fight rolling around about everything else. Shortly after we were pulled apart we became friends and dancing buddies.

I smile at the memory it’s funny cause people always expected us to be together, but that’d never happen cause I only see him as a brother. If someone asked me about Seunghyun a guy I didn’t meet not that long ago with not too much in common in interests I’d probably blush and stammer over my own words… If that means there’s something there then alright then bring it.

When the classes are over Mrs Lim comes over smiling, “Sun Hi would you like to talk now?”

“Yeah, Mrs. Lim.”

“Then come right into my office. If you want that young boy can follow.”

I smile over at her, “That’d be nice. Thanks.”

 

I’m not sure how long we sit there and talk amongst each other. Seunghyun was silent through most of it not that I care.

Mrs. Lim looks at the time and sighs, “I’m sorry but I need to get home now and I believe so do the two of you. Seunghyun take care of her for me. Also hit her idiot of a brother for me.”

We both laugh a bit since I’m pretty sure Seunghyun is the first person in my life that knows me outside of this place.

 

I look around as we exit the small ‘school’ and sigh, “Well this will be a walk. Follow me alright.”

I cut through alleyways and lots until we get to a cafe that’s right by one of the entertainment companies buildings.

I sigh as I look at Seunghyun who looks like he’s gonna piss his pants.

“Don’t worry those were always the most abandoned ways in those parts. Though can you call one of the guys to pick us up. I’m kind of tired.”

 

“So who’s going to pick us up?”

“Either Hongki or Jonghun.”

“So I just have to worry about my brother when I get home then.”

“I guess so,” he sets down 2 cups that he must have gotten when he was calling the guys, “You like bubble tea right?”

I nod my head as I take it from him and silently sip away.

“Aren’t you afraid if anyone sees us together?”

He looks at me for a small while before he shakes his head, “No, I mean I would be if I didn’t care what they have to say about me. I’m worried of what they’ll say about you. In relationship wise…”

His face as he rambles is really cute it makes me want to kiss him.

No, bad Sun Hi.

You can’t fall for him remember what happened with Wonbin.

I sigh as I rest my head on the table, “I hate my life.”

Seunghyun’s POV

I did call hyung and since I was up I decided to buy something to drink. Looking at the menu to see that they have a kind of bubble tea that Sun Hi was talking about how she wanted to try it.

When I had set it on the table she looked at it a bit until she got the okay.

She simply took a small sip smiled a bit. Though it soon turned into something sad as she laid her head down on the table.

It doesn’t take long for her to fall asleep after a small, “I hate my life.”

I chuckle as I lean back in my seat sipping at my drink.

A waitress comes over smiling, “Is your girlfriend alright?”

“Yeah, she’s just tired from all the walking today.”

Why don’t I just say she’s not my girlfriend, but I can’t just the thought of saying that hurts.

“That’s too bad. She’s pretty cute, but is she sick? She looks really pale and not in a good way.”

“In a way. She over works herself all the time to help others more than herself.”

“Ahh… Sorry for bothering you I just wanted to see if everything was alright.”

Shortly after the waitress leaves me be Jonghun shows up.

“Hey, hyung,” I pick up the drinks and hand them to him after that I carefully pick up Sun Hi holding her too my chest.

“Don’t let her brother see you hold her like that.”

I sigh as I nod my head, “I know.”

“So that’s your Baek seol gong ju.”

“Shut up, hyung.”

“For crying out loud tell the girl you like her and get it over with. So what her brother is a friend. If you like her you like her.”

I sigh though hyung is right. Is it my fault I fell for her when I first laid eyes on her.