Instead of Street we got Trainees

Saranghae Baboya (I love you, idiot)

Your POV

I sigh when Seunghyun, JJ, and Jonghoon come up too me saying we were going to watch street dancers since the performance isn’t for a few days.

So when i had gotten dressed and we left I wasn’t surprised by much.

C8UdKLh7p2J3fgh7pLudFnfB0m7Ecabx3G_81_Yy

They still were going to take me too see some street dance performances but as we walked around for a good hour or 2.

I sigh when we walk into a practice area that several companies use especially the one that I work at.

I smile while I watch them just mess around as they dance.

Seunghyun looks at me and smiles, “Why don’t you try it?”

I look at him and my brother as I slowly nod my head, “Sure, I guess I can… One of you dance with me.”

They look at each other and right away say, “No way.”

I chuckle as I look at them, “eenie meenie miney

catch a tiger by it’s toe

If it hollos let it go

My mommy told me

too pick the very best one

and you are it

you dirty, dirty rag you.”

I point at Seunghyun and he looks confused, “Me?’

I nod my head, “That means you are the one dancing with me.”

He groans as I pull him towards me.

“Just follow my lead,” I tell him but I lean in and whisper, “or should I ask a real dancer too do this with me.”

As I pull away I notice a nice color appear on his cheeks.

I smile as I hold his hand and slowly move them around and soon i’m teaching him a simple street like version of the tango.

Seunghyun keeps messing up causing me to laugh and lazily go the dance and he seems to catch on too this version.

As I stop he laughs at himself I think and I laugh at him so much.

One of the girls runs up to me and says, “Unni, that was amazing even with a partner that was tripping over his own feet you made it look elegant but yet street worthy.”

I smile at her as she looks at me, ‘Can you help me with my dance moves.”

A few other people run up to me and say the same thing.

I look back at the Ft Island boys and they simply take 3 chairs sitting down and pull off their sunglasses, scarves, masks, and what not.

The trainees seem surprised by this and I simply smile at them, “JJ, do you have my Ipod?”

He holds it up, “Only cause you handed it to me with a nice little threat.”

I nod my head and I turn back , “So who needed help?”

I mess with my touch Ipod and turn back too everyone, “What do you need help with?”

Everyone started too speak at one and I hold my hand up, “I want you to create a line, because I can’t hear everyone as they shout.”

I sit down and look at my brother, “Can you hand me my purse?”

He nods and hands me the purse, “Here you go.”

I pull out a notebook and pe from my bag, “Now I’ll listen.”

I make a list of problems and write down people’s names. I groan at how they seem to get the basics but the choreographers are not getting the fact that they have problems with certain moves or combinations.

I sit up and create groups of people with similar issues.

“I will help you guys if you don’t mind me creating dance groups and lessons that  you’ll have to attend. What I will teach you should help with all issues. the scheduling will be difficult on you, but trust me when i say the outcome will be worth it. You’ll have to attend that lesson and if you feel like poking in on another groups lesson that is fine as long as you don’t disturb that group. Give me your schedules and I’ll set up lessons. Numbers are optional though that would make everything a lot easier.”

“I will help you a bit today . as I help you I want a 100% all the time. If you have to practice outside of the practice rooms and lessons then do so. Find what you can anchor yourself to do. Being a dancer isn't easy work. It takes skill and practice. Some are gifted and can learn quickly, but that does not give them true skill.”

I watch as they look at my surprised and I simply smile at them and remember that I have to bug my two friends Jongin and Taemin sometime too see if they can dance with me. Oh or I could get Changjo to dance with me.

I wonder what the girls are doing….?

I shrug my shoulders as I hand out pieces of paper and the groups share pens and pencils.

As they finish up they hand me schedules putting them in the correct piles.

As I smile and slip different of piles in different parts of my binder that I carry in my big freaking purse in my brother’s words.

I smile as I slip the binder back into my bag and look behind me too see that they are watching me.

“Yes?”

“Can you show us a dance that you know off hand?” one of the girls asked me.

“Ummm… Sure…. DO you want to see modern or not?”

“Modern,” a boy shouted.

I nod my head as I turn Taeyang’s Ringa Linga on, but instead of doing his original dance I do the Taekwondo version instead.

I feel m body do the moves and without knowing it at first my heart was in all of it.

I do all the dance moves even ones the main dancer doesn’t do.

As I stop the large group is awe struck.

“How much did you practice that one?”

“Ummm… I didn't’ really. I tried it out twice before  after I saw the video.”

“Unni… What is your anchor? What gives you drive or inspiration?”

I look behind me and smile at what would be thought to be my brother but really Seunghyun is the one I’m thinking of for some reason.

I tell them about why I started dance and how my inspiration was jumping around and disappearing over the years or so I thought. In truth  I knew it was never truly gone I just ignored where it jumped to .

I smile as the group looks at me and nod their heads, “Let me teach you something that I taught myself too do when I was having troubles.”

“You all have favorite dances, correct,” they nod their heads and I continue, “When I feel down I pick my favorite dance or sometimes if I feel still not as low as I could be I create a dance too a song that I like a lot at the moment.”

I take a deep breathe as I pull out my Ipod and choose a song that plays during Swan Lake and dance that is one of the hardest dances too do.

As I start off I feel my body’s automatic response to the song and my heart leaps in joy for the first time in a while.

As I end the dance I pull myself up and smile at everyone, “What do you think.”

“It was beautiful.” I hear a lot of people gush things that are around those lines.

I bow too them, “thank you.”

They look at FT Island still sitting in their chairs looking awestruck.

Someone asks, “So who are you with?”

I choke on my own spit as I look up and say, “Jaejin is my brother so I’m not with any of them.”

Though I wish I was with Seunghyun, but I can’t cause a war between the members because I like one of them. I can’t especially do something like that too my brother.

 

I smile as we leave and we had  spent a good 3 hours with the group of trainees who seemed too  have liked me.

Seunghyun was first one to talk to me, “So do you have your inspiration back?”

I smile at them as I answer, “Nope,” alright I can’t miss a chance t tease them.

“What?” JJ gasps, “We spent 3 hours watching you dance and sometimes make a fool of us and you claim not to have it back. You’re yanking my chain aren't you.”

I laugh at there faces and walk away not answering them.

They bug me about this and I simply don’t answer them.

When we reach the dorms I go through the 1st groups schedules and write down possible times to do a lesson.

I do the same thing for each group then I look too see if any of them overlap.

I sigh in relief when I realize that none of them don’t… Actually they all have the same instructor.

I look at the name and sigh, “Of course that idiot would try to become a choreographer away from the school after I embarrassed him.”

“Who?” Seunghyun asks since he was happily playing video games.

I point too the instructor’s name, “I embarrassed him back at my old school when I said in front of a large crowd that he was mediocre and that I could create a better dance and I wasn’t even trained as he was.”

“That’s not too bad.”

“It was my first year at the school,” I tell him.

He laughs, “Wow how old were you again?”

I look up and cont on my fingers, “I think I was 14.”

“Wow,” he looks around as she tells me, “You really are an surprisingly amazing person aren’t you.”

I look at him surprised as I nod my head.

I hold up the schedules and glad that all the people gave me their kakaos I message them in groups with the schedules.

“Seunghyun, was my dancing really that good that I can do this?”

“Yeah, it was. I was so surprised when you danced the way you did. I knew you were good from your practices but those ones you did today they were so heart filled.”

I smile as I lean back against the couch and turn the notifications off of the kids telling me that they’d be there.

“Thanks Seunghyun. I really enjoyed today and where is Jonghoon and my brother so I can thank them as well. Are they still picking up the pizza?”

We hear the dorm door open too see Jonghoon and JJ walk into the dorm with Minhwan and Hongki.

I wave too them not expecting them to be back yet.

“Hey, guys.”

They smile and wave at me, “We saw the videos of you dancing it was amazing.”

“What do you mean?”

They slip over too me and take my laptop that I was working on. They bring up YOutube and show me.

I point too the screen when the mashup of me dancing is over, “That was me?”

They nod their heads and I blush as I praise myself, “I didn’t know I could dance like that.”

JJ chuckles as he looks at me, “You could always dance like that. You just hardly ever see it. Sis, you’re an amazing dancer and choreographer. I had a few friends that are in dancing groups ask if they can meet yo. they saw your dancing and eve your freestyle stuff. They are really impressed.”

“Really?”

He nods his head as he leans back and smiles at me, “You really underestimate yourself sis. You are an amazing dancer and it seems like you have your inspiration and drive back.”

I nod my head as I take a slice of pizza glad they set it in front of me.

“So let’s keep this up sis,” JJ says too me and I simply nod my head as I take a bite of the pizza.