Start of the End and Beginning

Saranghae Baboya (I love you, idiot)

 

Your POV

Today my family is coming to see my graduation from high school.

This will be the first time seeing them in almost five years and I haven’t heard from them for almost three of those years.

I know I should have kept in contact with them, but they didn’t try so I didn’t’ bother to keep up with it if they weren’t. It also didn’t help my situation that I have been focusing on school and work.

It’s sad that I’ve been here for so long and no one has sent me mail unless it’s my birthday or holidays to make me feel unforgotten but I know that I am. The gifts I get are always money and no heart felt gifts. The money is as cold as ice and so it seems are my parents. I don’t exist in that family I’m just a ghost that never existed.

I don’t care about that the only person in my family that treats me as if I’m a real person is my brother. He tries to send me presents and letter even when the letters don’t’ make sense. The presents come from all around the world. He must love traveling the way he does. I’m so proud of my big brother. He’s the only family that I’ll ever need. Before I was sent here, I had become friends with guys that he was in a band with. I had no idea if they were famous or not but to me they became my friends even though I haven’t really heard anything from them in a long time.

I smile as I walk out of my dorm room and handed my mail from a girl who’s in a lower class placement than me.

“Thank you, Mei,” I tell her and she simply smiles at me and runs off.

I smile to myself as I look through my phone as I slip back into my dorm and into the kitchen to see my dorm mare dancing to her favorite song ‘Severely.’ It makes me laugh since I never thought you could dance the way she loves to. I still I smile as I sit down and watch her dance. I would join her but I’m not a beautiful like she is. I like listening to FT Island with her because I swear I hear my brother’s voice along with the person he called leader all the time. I remember picking on him all the time until I was sent off to this school.

“Lee-ahh come dance with me,” my dorm mate orders me.

I simply nod and join her dancing around our dorm since we packed everything up last night. I plop down on the couch and she sits next to me after we wear ourselves down.

“So have you heard from your brother yet?”

I shake my head, “No, JJ has yet to even try to get a hold of me since his letter saying he’d be coming today.”

She nods her head as she pokes my side, “Call him.”

I nod my head and call my brother.

He doesn’t answer right away and when I’m about to hang up he answers in a sleep deprived voice, “Yoboseyo.”

I leave the room after telling my roommate he answered she nods her head and signals for me to leave the room.

“Jaejin-oppa,” I call through the phone loud enough that he would probably be wincing.

“Hey sis why are you calling me this early in the morning?” he asks me in his groggy voice.

“Brother it’s almost noon have you been drinking?” I hear him groan and take that as an answer, “I just want to know if the guys are coming with you?”

He laughs, “You know they are because you’re practically family to them, but Wonbin may not make it today.”

“What do you mean?” I ask him ready to cry since I’ve had a crush on Wonbin for the longest time.

“Wonbin kind of stopped the band and we replaced him with a guy year younger than me. Oh his name is Song Seunghyun.”

“I don’t have an idea who that is oppa.”

“Oh well I think you’ll like him just as you like all of us.”

“But oppa,” he cuts me off.

“No buts I don’t want to hear it. Will you calm down if I call Wonbin? Would you like that?”

“Ne, oppa just make sure you get here in an hour or 2 before the ceremony, please.”

“Alright I guess it’s a good thing we already left a while ago. I’ll call you when we get there, okay?”

“Okay. See you soon.”

Its only a an half hour later when my phone starts ringing my brother ringtone.

I smile as I race out of my dorm, down the stairs, and through the entrance. Standing outside in all his glory is my older brother with a dumb hat on his head that’s shading his face. Beside him are four other guys with hats and sunglasses on hiding half of their faces. They’re looking around like my brother.

When he looks my way he only keeps at moving his head side to side like he didn’t recognize me.

I cave in and walk up to them.

I use an uncommonly sweet voice, “Excuse me are you lost?”

“No, I’m just looking for my little sister,” he says to me as if he doesn’t notice who I really am up close.

You stupid idiot how can you not recognize the person who you babied until your parents got sick of her and sent her off to boarding school.

I sigh and nod my head deciding to keep up with the façade of his, “What’s her name?”

“Lee Sun Hi,” he answers.

I roll my eyes and one of the guys look at me with a smile plastered on his lips. I turn my head to the side studying him wondering if I know him. My thoughts are cut off when I hear a car pull up playing a familiar song that I love. I look that way to see a new looking car. I study it amazed by its beauty. Even more when a guy well shaped with a hoodie and sunglasses slips out and I know right away that it’s Wonbin.

He looks over at my brother and when he sees me, he flashes his charming cute smile.

He doesn’t even say hi to my brother instead he runs up to me sweeping me in his arms.

I laugh and flash him a smile when he sets me down.

It seems my brother finally realizes who I am.

He looks at me up and down, then shouts, “Sun Hi,” well pushing Wonbin out of the way, and wraps his arms around me.

“Sister complex much,” I hear Wonbin mumble.

I laugh, “JJ let me go,” I use our mother’s you-better-listen-to-me tone.

He lets me go probably scared that I might do something like when we were kids, which my brother is still at in his mind. The guys laugh because they have no idea what I can do when I’m angry. Even when I’m ‘grown’, he’s still afraid of me.

I turn back to his friends and wave, “Hey guys, are you not going to say hi to your fake sister?”

I do my best aegyo pout making me wanting to punch myself in the face.

They start trying to say hi to me at the same time until the new face yells at them to shut up they are causing a worse scene then he just did.

I laugh at him, “You must be Song Seunghyun. I’m Lee Sun Hi, JJ’s little sister.”

He nods his head and takes my hand in his own, “It’s nice to meet you since I’ve heard so much about you from my hyungs.”

I look at my brother and his friends and they all take a deep gulp.

I smile at them, “Well you’re early so feel free to come up to my dorm with me, okay.”

They nod their heads but then Seunghyun states, “What about the cars?”

We wait until everyone is back in front of the dorm building then walk inside where they simply slip off their sunglasses and pull down their hats more.

I simply roll my eyes and tell them to hurry up that my time is rushed today.

That reminds me I still need to find my speech.