Not That Great of a Threat.

The Kissing Effect.

SoRae took her seat next to YoungJae and waited patiently for the Busan boy to wander in. When she caught his eyes, she motioned for him to sit down at their table.

“You’re that guy from before. The one that-”

“Jung DaeHyun, you are?”

The younger boy just sat there with a blank expression. It was like nothing had happened and he had never tried to stop the friendly feud. “Yoo...Yoo YoungJae.”

DaeHyun smiled content with himself and looked to the girl. “SoRae-yah told me that you two do well in English?” Although worded as a statement, if felt more like a question.

“Well?” YoungJae laughed. “This is SoRae’s only passing-unf!” The boy leaned his face into the table letting the cool surface calm his pained expression.
trans.gif
“Shh, you’re going to miss attendance,” she whispered.

SoRae was the kind of person that either did really well at something, or horribly. Over the past sixteen years she had perfected her shin kicking technique thanks to her best friend and his loud mouth along with a few other things.

“We’re going to a party tonight, wanna come?” the younger boy asked politely.

SoRae shot glares that could kill. She had already told him she didn’t want to go. She hated doing things with too many people and the fact of the matter was, SoRae was a painfully awkward girl. She just didn’t have the confidence to walk up to complete strangers and introduce herself.

“Sure! I’d love to,” DaeHyun grinned totally oblivious to the bickering friends.

“Great, you can come back with us if this is your last class. It’s about two hours after we get out.”

SoRae folded her arms across the table and pressed her head to fit snuggly between them. This was just what she needed, she thought to herself. Another chance to be the fool and ruin what little image she had left. Great.

Before she could say otherwise, YoungJae had invited the new boy over to her house before the party. She gave up on finding a way out and thought about all the different ways she could ‘slip away’ and not be noticed during said party.

“SoRae-ssi?”

She looked over to DaeHyun after ten minutes of staring blankly out the window. “Neh?” She was pressed up against the side of the bus and felt more discomfort about YoungJae sitting on her leg than she did going to the party.

“Are you really okay with me coming over to your house? I mean, I’m grateful and all, but I just met you two.”

She began to speak but was cut off by YoungJae. “Of course she doesn’t mind. Plus you just moved here. It would only make sense that we help you get there. It’s in about an hour, so we won’t be at her house long. Just put your stuff down and go.”

SoRae pressed her hands to her face. “Aish, Yoo YoungJae. You will be the death of me.”

When they got off at her stop, and SoRae had to gather herself. It wasn’t that she didn’t want DaeHyun to come with them. On the contrary, she wanted to get to know him better since he was so sweet and outgoing, but with YoungJae just making plans and acting like he could speak for her, she was going crazy.

“Nuna~h!” a voice called down the street.

“Ah, Jongup-ah, what are you doing out at this time? You should be studying,” she scolded.

“Nuna, nunah~!” He was overly excited and she could tell. “Nuna, we graded our exams today and guess what?! I got a 98!”

SoRae stepped up to her brother giving him a wide hug. “JongUp-ah that’s great!”

His arms wrapped around her waist and he lifted her up in the air. “Nuna is best!” he swung her around and then placed her firmly on the ground. “Thank you so much!” He kissed her nose and did a slight bow.

SoRae placed her arm on JongUp’s shoulder as he wrapped his around her waist. They began talking about each other’s day as they usually did once they got home from school. “Nuna, are you going to that party that Hyung was talking about the other day?” JongUp turned his head to glance at YoungJae and noticed the other boy. “Oh, annyohaseyo.”

DaeHyun looked at the bright boy and smiled, “Annyohaseyo, Jung DaeHyun eemnida.”

“Are you Hyung and Nuna’s friend?”

“Neh, we met today.” DaeHyun looked from one boy to the next and his eyes settled on the back of SoRae’s head. “No one’s clarified this, but are you all siblings?”

YoungJae burst into laughter. “Me related to them? Ahahaha~ No.” The smile on his lips fell suddenly.

“Yah! Yoo YoungJae, you might as well be family. We’ve known you for long enough.”

YoungJae folded his arms across his chest. Even though he had to admit SoRae’s point, he still found it weird to consider himself her ‘brother.’ Something about the term he just didn’t like, or maybe what he was feeling was awkward because it lacked the type of closeness that he shared with them. To him, SoRae was more than a "sister" and more like his other half.

“We have no relations other than childhood,” he pouted.

SoRae waved her hand in the air. “Mkay, then I guess you can leave now and I’ll see you in the past.”

“Wait, what?!” He was completely taken aback. For her to respond like this would mean that she was irritated, which means he did something, but what? He didn’t know. Unfortunately, after all the time he spent with SoRae in his life, he was still unable to read her. The death glares and body language she threw at him - after stating she didn’t want to got to the party - were all left completely unread and because of that, she was even more upset.

“Forget about it. Why don’t we go to the bathhouse next week?”

He looked at his friend and sighed. The fact that she wanted to go to the bathhouse meant he was forgiven, but it would be hell for sure. “Yeah, how about DaeHyun comes? Later we can show him around town a little.”

SoRae smiled so sweetly that both of the college boys had to check their pulses. “Sure. Sounds great, but I’m taking you two to the mall. JongUp is coming if he’s free.” She looked at her brother who stopped and started bouncing up and down.

“Yeah! I’m so free~!”

SoRae giggled with delight. “Daebak. DaeHyun, you can stay the night if you like. JongUp and YoungJae have clothes for you to borrow if you need.”

There was a look in her eyes that she got when talking about her brother and best friend. DaeHyun couldn’t put his finger on it, but whatever it was, he found it incredibly attractive. It was like her eyes sparkled, but it was something more than that. It was more so like she was transmitting her emotions of delight from her eyes to his. Almost like a superpower, he thought. He made a note of this and followed them to SoRae and JongUp’s house. Their relationship was oddly interesting and warm; it also seemed that they were willing to let this Busan boy in without hesitation.

“DaeHyun-ssi?” YoungJae said bring the new boy back to reality, away from focusing on the way SoRae’s back moved when she laughed. “Their house is right here.”

As the four of them entered, only DaeHyun noticed that they bypassed the whole house and went straight to SoRae’s room.

“You can put your stuff wherever,” she hummed taking a seat on her bed. “Ugh, can’’t I just stay home and sleep?”

“You can’t. I already told HaeYeon that we are coming. You can’t just back out now.” As a childish pout slipped it’s way onto her face, YoungJae gave her a disapproving look and scolded. “Backing out now would be irresponsible and rude.”

“Neh Umma. I understand Umma.”

YoungJae glared at her and because she knew how much it bothered him, she continued. “Umma, I’m going out tonight. Would you like me to bring anything home, Umma? Don’t feel scared for me Umma. I’m going with friends. Umma, YoungJae will be there. Oh and Umma...”

“Okay, I get it,” the younger boy breathed looking at her brother. “She doesn’t actually talk like this to your appa does she? I know she doesn’t address her umma like this.”

JongUp shrugged. “I don’t think so.”

“Wow, what’s that?” DaeHyun asked pointing up at the ceiling. He was now laying down on his back next to SoRae.

She took a finger and traced out the glow-in-the-dark sticky stars. “L. U. C. K. Y.”

“It’s English?”

“Neh, it means haeng-un-ui*...it’s the English word lucky.”

**I believe this is Korean for lucky

DaeHyun turns his face against the mattress and watches as she talks.

“When I was little, my dad used to call me his lucky girl. He was an English professor and taught me much of the language when I was young. That’s probably why I’m passionate about it now.” She made an ‘L’ with her left hand holding it against the ‘L’ in the stars. “Lucky was my nickname for the longest time. So I left the stars up.”

“Ah! Is that really the time?” YoungJae shrieked looking at the clock.

“No,” SoRae said flatly. “It’s been stuck like that for months. Are you really telling me you just noticed it?”

A huge sigh escaped YoungJae’s lips. “Hew, did you want to change?”

She leaned forward and looked from her hands to her lap. “Do I need to? I’ve got no one I’m trying to impress.”

DaeHyun stifled a chuckle. He was finding her sassy tendencies rather cute.

“You should change. You’re sweater is all wrinkly.” As YoungJae said this, she pulled at the sleeves and lifted it over her head revealing her tank top. YoungJae caught the clothing as she threw it at him. “Would you like us to leave first?” he mumbled.

“You act like we’ve never bathed before,” she sneered.

“That!” He gritted his teeth and tried to calm down. “That was when we were younger. Don’t say things like that tonight. People will get the wrong idea.”

“Oh, don’t be such a baby. You know the bathhouse counts as bathing.”

“SoRae-ya...it’s things like this that worry me. How are you going to survive without me?” She shrugged her shoulders as he continued nagging. “You never think before you speak and you’re too quick to correct someone. You’ll never make friends like this, especially if you’re too quiet to say anything to anyone. Plus you spend too much time daydreaming.”

She opened a drawer and took out a lacy top and covered it with a cardigan. “First off, I don’t think an opinion is speaking before you think. Secondly, that ‘too-quick-to-correct’ is you, not me.”

YoungJae smoothed out the wrinkles in her sleeves. “On yeah, haha I guess that is me.”

SoRae bunched up her nose and spun around.

“Let’s go,” YoungJae cheered not noticing the awkward eye contact between SoRae and DaeHyun. SoRae’s mouth closed slowly as she averted her gaze. What she failed to see was the soft smirk that tugged at one corner of DaeHyun’s mouth and the sweet laugh that caused his eyes to blink.

JongUp however, was still present. He saw the wordless exchange and felt compelled to say something, anything to warn his nuna of the smirking boy. But then again, DaeHyun didn’t look all that intimidating. If she trusted him in her room, then he must not be that great of a threat.

A/N: there's a bit of foreshadowing. sorry if all of this seems really dull. like. painfully dull.
I'm still trying to set up the characters. still trying to figure out what I want to happen in this story

Oh, and this story is a bit more mature than The Red Knot. Not in the sense of "RATED FOR OLDER AUDIENCE" but more like, this isn't 100% cutesy. I'm writing in a drunk/party scene at a bar...if that gives you an idea. >< hope that doesn't scare you all away~  ᅲ ᅲ

And did you all hear about the MAMA awards?!

B.A.P got the 'PD Award' and Bang's acceptance speech was:

First of all, this is an honor. Also, thank you to (company official names). Thank you so much to our TS Entertainment family, and thank you so much Secret. Thank you so much to B.A.P’s parents who allowed us to gather like this as B.A.P. Also to the BABYs who always stand by us: This isn’t our award, but it’s yours. Thanks! (Trans. by park-won)

/dies I love him them. And the PD Award is awarded to the group that has the greatest potential to succeed internationally. :'D
ᅲ~ᅲ

thank you so much for reading commenting and subbing~
lub you guys

MeiMeng

 

PS: I'm not sure if I'll be posting a new chapter next weekend. I plan on finishing up the last bit of The Red Knot. possibly working on a one shot I started FORFREAKINGEVERAGO(with DaeHyun in it) yeah, but finals are over in two weeks /sobbing /why-are-they-so-late? /everyone-else-has-finished...OTL

@ppeach2: asdfghjkl; really? you're from tumblr? ... *hugs*
thank you bunches and bunches!! oh~ the misunderstanding is still there bwhahahahaha >:D

@writingcrazed: thank you ^^ and that he did :3 that he did!
"Ah! What's a brother to do?! He's crushing on my Nuna!" -JU
image

@Gbbi15: This soon enough? This won't be the norm, since I'm procrastinating on studying again... ><

@icecubeeater: asdfghjkl; "A lot of people kiss me" is so casual considering she's never really been kissed before (revealed soon). hahaha
it'll be a HUGE -messy- misunderstanding. lol

@toowhiteforkpop: asdfghjkl; we have the same biases?!
image
....................that NEVER happens to me! can I hug you?! *hugs anyways*
I'll try not to compare ^^' thank you~

@godspeedy: wow thank you so much! ^.^ chu~
image
(for a second I thought you wrote "Husband" not "Busan" I nearly died laughing.)