Just...pretend it didn’t happen.

The Kissing Effect.

SoRae wrapped herself in whatever happened to be near her. She smelled something slightly musky, but didn’t care. As long as she was warm, that’s all that mattered. “Unnh SoRae-ssi?”

She opened her eyes and followed the owner of the voice. Her eyes began at the chest she was nestled against and worked their way up to a neck, flat lips and eyes that gazed into hers. “Good morning.”

She suddenly felt uneasy and jumped upwards bracing herself with her arms. There was another weird sound and she looked to see that her hand was planted right in YoungJae’s stomach. “SoRae, ger off meee.”

Her arms drew back to her chest making her take up the least amount of space possible.

“Nuna, I heard a noise,” JongUp said pushing open the door.

Seeing the state the boy was in, she grabbed the closest thing to her and threw it at him. “Put on a shirt!”

He peeked through the door and looked at her. “Nuna, you don’t have to give me yours. I don’t think it’ll fit anyways.” Her eyes fell on the thrown object, her top. Reddened with embarrassment, she crawled across the floor to pick it up. She was still wearing her tank, but to wake up next to DaeHyun - who she only just met - and then scold her brother for something she was also guilty of...she found the whole situation shameful. “Nuna?”

“JongUp-ah.” She stood up and held his face in her hands. “Give me a minute and I’ll start breakfast. Arasso?”

He looked at her and then took notice in the boys behind her half asleep on her bed. “Arasso, but Appa is home.”

Electricity pulsated through her and YoungJae. “He’s what?!”

“He’s home. Umma is too, so she’ll be a good distraction...but they have to get out of here.” JongUp motioned to the two older boys.

SoRae laughed uneasily and thanked him. “DaeHyun, YoungJae...up.” YoungJae was already scrambling to get his shoes on.

“What’s going on?” DaeHyun asked still groggy.

“JongUp’s appa is home. That means we have to go,” YoungJae explained. “SoRae-ya, did you know he would be back today?”

She shook her head while looking for her cellphone. “I have an idea. If Umma keeps him occupied for long enough, I might be able to sneak you two into JongUp’s room. Then there shouldn’t be a problem.” She dialed her brother’s number and waited for him to answer. “JongUp-ah, where is he?” she listened while picking up YoungJae’s jacket and throwing it at him. When she picked up DaeHyun’s she looked at him and grew stiff. “Do you think we can get them into your room without him noticing?” She blinked at DaeHyun who reached out an arm. “Great.”

“So it’ll work?”

She turned to YoungJae and brought the jacket closer to her body. “JongUp thinks so. It’s safer than having you two go out the window.”

DaeHyun’s expression was alarmed. “The window?”

“Hurry, there’s not much time.” She opened her door and checked for her parents. “This way.” Her hand motioned for them to follow and they did so. The three breathed a sigh of relief when they entered JongUp’s room and fell to the floor.

“Made it.”

“What’s the problem?” DaeHyun asked looking at the siblings and best friend.

“My appa. He hates when YoungJae stays in Nuna’s room,” JongUp explained.

SoRae pushed her hands into her lap. “If he wasn’t such a worry-wart and was like Umma, there wouldn’t be a problem.”

“Appa think’s that something might happen,” JongUp added.

“Nothing is going to happen!” the two best friends shouted. “We’re basically the same person,” YoungJae mutters. “That would be grose.”

SoRae’s face twists into a pout. “Umma doesn’t care and that’s all that matters. I love him, but he’s not my appa.”

The amused expression drops from DaeHyun’s face. “Wait, but you’re siblings.”

“Our parents married maybe twelve years ago,” SoRae said counting on her hand.

“Then Umma is yours and the Appa is JongUp’s? You’re not related at all?” His jaw was barely attached to his skull.

“Exactly. Only related by law.” She reached over and pinched JongUp’s cheeks. “Isn’t that right Uppie?” the younger swatted at her hands.

“Don’t do that Nuna. It’s too early. Didn’t you say that you were going to make breakfast?” he looked solemn due to her recent clarification. He was six at the time so it had seemed that they were really related. It always saddened him that she got defensive about it. Although he understood her reasons, it still hurt him.

SoRae gave her brother a hug. She was also aware of the situation and felt badly about it each time. To her he was more than her brother by law, but she couldn’t disregard her birth father. He was more important to her than YoungJae or her umma. “What do you want me to make?” she asked letting her weight pull him down.

“Omurice.”

“Again?!”

He looked at her with a slight smile. “DaeHyun Hyung hasn’t had it before.”

She turned to DaeHyun who struggled to keep composure. He was more astonished by the fact he couldn’t figure out their relationships to one another. Each time he thought he understood, he was proven wrong. “Fine, only for DaeHyun,” she breathed looking away quickly.

For whatever reason, she was unable to look at him. His jacket was still hung over her arm seeing as she was unable to give it to him.

“You should change and make it look like you stayed home,” YoungJae advised. “I know Auntie would be thrilled that you went out, but Uncle?”

SoRae agreed and slipped out heading back to her room. “Sweetie?”

SoRae froze. “Neh?”

Her mother got up close to her. “Is YoungJae over again?”

SoRae swallowed and nodded. “He’s in JongUp’s room.”

There was a sigh of relief between the two of them. JongUp’s appa was weird about a few things. Boys staying in his step-daughter’s room...was one of those things, which (unlucky for SoRae) happened to be the gender of her best (and probably only) friend.

Her umma’s forehead collapsed onto her back. “Thank god.” She turned her daughter around to give her a hug. “Is that YoungJae’s? I don’t think it’s JongUp’s...doesn’t really look like something Jae would wear.”

“Oh, crap.” SoRae dug her face into the animal print jacket. “Umma...it’s not just YoungJae's. I have another friend over.”

Her mother raised an eyebrow. “And who is this? You never bring people over. Let alone a boy.”

“Umma, it’s not like that.” SoRae starts walking to her room.

“He must be really good looking if you’re acting like this,” her umma smiled. “Good. I’m glad that you’re taking an interest in someone.”

“Umma!” She turned to look at her mother square on and met JongUp’s stare. “God Uppie, I thought you were your appa.”

He chuckled uneasily. “Well...Nuna, you should hurry. Arasso?” And with that he left them.

While SoRae washed up and changed, DaeHyun sat looking from YoungJae to JongUp. The two paced the room. “Appa wasn’t supposed to be home for another few days,” JongUp cursed.

“You think he’ll believe that we were in your room the whole night?” YoungJae asked on the verge of a break down.

“What is so terrifying?” DaeHyun asked trying to break the tension.

“Appa.”
“Uncle.”

They both contrasted in unison but the message was clear. JongUp’s appa was scary.

“Imagine an older, taller version of JongUp, that never, ever smiles.”

JongUp lowered the corners of his lips. "Appa only smiles for a few people. He has a sort of soft spot that-"

"Remember to call SoRae 'Nuna,'” YoungJae said pointing a finger at DaeHyun. “I forgot to once and all hell broke loose.”

“Hold up.” DaeHyun put his feet on the ground and stood up. “First, you two aren’t dating. You also don’t like each other in that way. Secondly, you two are siblings, but by marriage.” He ran a hand through his hair. “Now she’s older than you and me?”

“DaeHyun-ssi. Chill,” JongUp said flatly.

DaeHyun’s fingers begin to massage his scalp. “Sorry. I’m just confused. I can’t even remember what happened last night. It’s all kinda fuzzy.”

“You had SoRae drinking too. I’m sure she doesn’t remember either.”

JongUp’s eyes slid from his Hyung to the new boy. “You got Nuna drunk?” His eyebrow raised slightly. He could have killed him, and would have if SoRae didn’t swing open the door.

“What are you guys talking about?” She asked eyeing the two trouble makers.

“Age. Just making sure that DaeHyun addresses you correctly,” YoungJae half lied.

“Oh cut the crap. I know you guys were talking about me drinking. I can hear through the door.” She took a step closer to DaeHyun being careful not to look at him. “What I do is my own business, and for the record...no one got me drunk. I decided to drink and got a little tipsy.”

“Do you remember what happened last night? I’m kinda not sure,” DaeHyun asked.

Her teeth chewed at the inside of her cheek. She didn’t know if it happened or if it was a dream, but she thought they kissed. “I can’t remember either.”

“Ah.” He sighed rubbing the back of his neck. “My imagination made up half the night.”

Her eyes widened. “How so?”

His mouth parted slightly, he couldn’t tell her about the kiss with her brother and best friend standing right there. “I thought I saw a unicorn.”

Her chest fell emitting a breath from her lungs. It was a sigh, but a cross between a sigh of relief and a sigh of disappointment. “Nope no unicorns.”

“Good. That would have been weird.” He couldn’t stop looking at her even though she couldn’t look at him. “I have a question.”

She faced him, but her thoughts were somewhere else.

“How old are you?”

Her eyelashes fell as she blinked profusely. “Twenty-one, why?”

“Just wanted to know. I’m twenty-one too.”

“Ah! Appa...He would be upset if we addressed each other poorly. You wouldn’t like to end up like YoungJae.”

“What? It was a mistake! We all know, well except Daehyun, that SoRae and I thought we were the same age for the longest time until we started high school,” YoungJae cried.

“Tch.” Daehyun shook his head. “That’s a long time for a misunderstanding.”

“Yeah, well...it happens.”

The other three bursted into laughter at YoungJae.

“I’m starting second guess all that you say,” DaeHyun chuckled. To this, YoungJae stood up pulling SoRae by her wrist. He didn’t breathe a word, but the other three could see the smirk he tried to hide.

“Hyung, wait up!” JongUp yelled after him.

By the time the sleepy Daehyun caught up with them, they were down stairs and SoRae was pulling out everything needed for breakfast. She placed the skillet on the burner and clicked it on. “I think we might be short eggs,” she pouted over top of the stove.

“Omurice for the morning?” her mother sang behind her. “Yeobo bought three dozen. He said he missed them like crazy while in Japan.” The woman placed a brown paper bag on the counter and smiled. Her eyes glanced over the boys and then fell back onto DaeHyun. “Annyo! You must be the new friend!” she couldn’t suppress her fix of giggles even if she was the adult.

“SoRae-yah~” a deep voice rang throughout the room. For a moment, Daehyun looked around to see where it was coming from. He was startled when the man appeared behind him. “I hope you’ll make breakfast. I’m so sick of miso soup, you just wouldn’t believe.”

“Yeobo, this is SoRae and YoungJae’s new friend...oh, what was your name again?”

He looked up at the two parents that stood on either side of SoRae. “Ah, DaeHyun...Jung DaeHyun.”

JongUp's father looked at him measuring up the boy. "Moon GwongUp. I suspect you stayed in my son’s room last night?”

DaeHyun laughed away the tension and ended it with a smile. “Of course. Sadly YoungJae smacked me when he woke up.”

YoungJae glared at the new boy and SoRae bushed. If anyone physically hurt him in the morning, it was her. “Yeah I thought I heard YoungJae shout. I guess you got him back.” ...But SoRae was no saint. She took every chance she could to get back at YoungJae for the disastrous party. She might have had a little bit of fun with DaeHyun, but none of that was because of her best friend. If anything, he ruined the night.

YoungJae clenched his teeth. “Yah!” He couldn’t think of anything clever to throw back at her.

“What? You have something to say?” she taunted flipping the omurice over in her skillet to press the sides down.

“SoRae-ya, be nice,” her umma soothed pecking her daughter on the cheek. Her step father did the same and she pushed her hair behind her ear. This was typical of her mornings, so she thought nothing of it. It was when she saw DaeHyun’s expression that she blushed wildly.

YoungJae noticed this and motioned for JongUp to move with him. “Nuna, do you want milk or orange juice?”

She placed the finished breakfast onto plates and handed them to her parents. “Water’s fine.”

“Arasso,” he said pulling the glasses from the cupboard. He whispered to JongUp to follow his lead. “Oh, and Nuna?”

“Bwoh?” she breathed hotly starting to  get annoyed with him calling her Nuna.

He wrapped his arms around her waist and let his nose tickle her neck. “Kansamnida~” His lips kissed her cheek softly and her eyes widened. Just as she was about to scold him, JongUp slid his arms around her kissing her neck before landing at her cheek.

Kamsahamnida!”

In normal circumstances, she would have swatted them with her spatula and teased them about it, but this wasn’t a normal day. DaeHyun, a boy who knew nothing about her lucky touch, was standing right in front of them in awe. “You, you two...” Words melted on her tongue and she was unable to finish her sentences. She was feeling embarrassed and frightened.

What if she had to tell him about her secret.

What would he think?

Would he call her crazy?

She covered her cheeks with her hands and slowly descended behind the counter. The two younger boys cackled taking their food and drinks. They sat down at the table across from the parents who were facing the wall, unable to see SoRae or DaeHyun.

“SoRae-ssi, gwenchana}? Are you okay?” DaeHyun asked following her behind the counter. He knelt down next to her and looked her in the eyes. He wasn’t judging her but looking for a hint that she was okay. “SoRae-ssi?”

“Please, please ignore that,” she mumbled turning to him slowly. “Just...pretend it didn’t happen.”

He smiled at her, happy to see that she was okay, but a feeling started to boil in his skin. She looked to him and he could feel a redness tint his cheeks. The smile fell from his lips and he began to feel pain.

Why can’t I kiss her like that? popped into his head and he struggled to rid himself of it. Why can’t I kiss her?

He bit back his lips and took her hands helping her up.

The craving for her lips grew as she struggled to turn the stove off. Her fingers fumbled at the knobs and she groaned in discontent. She was nervous with him standing over top of her.

His hand curled around her wrist gently and pulled it away. With the other hand, he flicked the power off. Her gaze fell on him and he was finding it difficult not to press himself into her, not to give in to his desire to kiss her right then and there. “Careful, you don’t want to get burned,” he managed.

He looked so handsome and his words were so smooth that SoRae blushed. “Thanks.”

As he let go of her hand she wished that he would brush his fingers against hers while taking his plate. But they didn’t. He tried his hardest to avoid her at all costs. He didn’t know what would happen if he touched her again or what kind of touch it would be. All he knew was that he wouldn’t be able to hold back.

A/N: after a long hiatus, I'm back. I don't want to post too much here, but I did explain my leave on my blog if anyone really wants to know why I was gone.

Love you babys~
...like, you will never know. I am forever grateful.

Meng

@Gbbi15 : haha as the title of the story suggests, there will be more of those scenes ><
image

@ppeach2 : with DaeHyun, I fell in love with the superficial things first because I didn't know his voice well. I'm usually really good at differentiating voices, but for whatever reason...it just didn't click untill after I fell for his gorgeous-ness (I don't believe that's a word). Haha, Sticky. I'm wondering what to do with her because I feel that she would be a character to hate. >:D
That would be evil...creating a character so that you could only HATE her....bwhahaha

@toowhiteforkpop : OMB (Oh My Buddha)...my sister already thinks I'm craji. haha
I'd say DaeHyun's taking tips from his hyung when it comes to being greasy ;) he's just not as derpy >u<
THEY (BigBang) MISSED A WHOLE FREAKING CONTINENT ON THEIR WORLD TOUR?! .... they must not do this again...or many letters will be sent to papa YG. Angry. Strongly worded letters. + +

@icecubeeater : i would like my own personal YoungJae to tease >:3 truthfully, it would be amusing~
if B.A.P did a world tour.... ;A; OPPA WHY NOT?!

@Zeal95 : TT-TT I've actually got an idea for a YoungJae fic. I'm going to wait until I finish this one (or maybe I'll write them alternating weeks...or just write which ever when I'm suffering writer's block. I'll let you know when I start it for sure!)