Kissing tradition

The Kissing Effect.


By the time that the three college students reached the party, everyone else was already there. The stench of alcohol seeped into their clothing the moment they walked to the door causing three of them to look at each other and shrug. There was going to be drinking. Everyone was of age, but none of them imagined this much.

“HaeYeon-shi rented the place for tonight. We only have to pay for whatever we get to drink or eat.”

SoRae looked at her friend in disbelief. Was he really talking to her? She only wished that he would shut up. He had dragged her there and in the mists of failure, he was trying to work the party up.

“One bottle of soju, says everyone is wasted,” DaeHyun chuckled opening the door.

The three filtered in to find that the sober party goers were actually near the front and the drunks were in the back. Only because the bar was towards the back.

“What's the point of this party?” DaeHyun asked into YoungJae’s ear. The music was blaring and people kept bumping into them.

“Lets move off the dancefloor,” YoungJae yelled looking for SoRae. He swung his head from left to right but was left without a clue to her existence. “Where’s SoRae?”

DaeHyun looked around. “She was just-”

“YoungJae-ssi?! You made it!”

Both boys looked up to a girl with light brown hair wearing a flashy glittery dress. “HaeYeon-ssi, happy birthday!” YoungJae said as people passed between them.

She looked from boy to boy letting her gaze linger at DaeHyun. “What? Oh that. Don’t worry about it!” The boys exchanged looks. She obviously couldn’t hear them over the heavy music. “Hey! Do you know about the tradition?” Her lips curled into a somewhat sticky smile. DaeHyun was convinced it was the lipgloss. “Anyone who's never been to my birthday party has to find one other person to kiss.” She laughed hysterically grabbing the wrist of a nearby friend. As she turned away, her eyes locked onto DaeHyun’s. She spun on her heel and sashayed away with her friend.

“Did you get that?” YoungJae asked.

DaeHyun rubbed the back of his neck. “Yeah, well...that’s an odd tradition.”

“Well, in case anyone says otherwise, I’ll kiss SoRae. Its no big deal.”

DaeHyun was still confused by their relationship but assumed that it was just weird.

“Hey, watch it!” a girl screamed and the boys looked up to see SoRae struggling with a guy. “I said I don’t want to dance! Leave me alone!” The boy was obviously drunk and not listening to her.

“Just one dance,” he begged slurring his words.

“Ani!”

The two boys rushed up to her. “Leave her alone.” YoungJae said pushing the guy off.

“Hey honey sorry I’m late,” DaeHyun smiled wrapping an arm around SoRae smoothly. “Hope you didn’t get into too much trouble.”

The guy who was still very drunk looked at the two and decided that chasing wasn’t worth his time. “Aish, shouda said she was waitin on her boy.”

YoungJae pat him on his back trying to calm him down. The drunk then proceeded to tell the boy his sad life story about never getting laid or ever having a girl. “Those two look sweet,” the drunk sobbed. No matter how hard he tried to shake the drunk, YoungJae just couldn’t.

“When is the fun going to start?” SoRae asked DaeHyun who simply laughed.

“You just need to find the right people and loosen up. Then it’ll be fun.”

She looked at the Busan boy wearing a bright smile. “Oh really, and how can I manage that?”

He walked her to the bar and bought the both of them drinks. “Well first off, you need to loosen up. Lose that annoyed edge. Ya’ know?” He opened his bottle of beer, which he agreed with her..it wasn’t classy. “Not drunk...Never get drunk, just loose.” He took her beer and popped the top.

“I don’t drink,” she mumbled.

“Ah...” He finished the bottle and then took hers to his lips. “Then you need to find yourself a fun drunk.” He bought himself another beer and began to chug the one he had bought for her. As he took the third bottle, he grabbed her hand and pulled her out to the dance floor. He slipped his arm around her waist and pressed his body close to hers. “I’m sorry if my breath stinks,” he chuckled dangerously close to her face. He turned away taking a final swig of the third beer and then handed it off to some stranger. The guy looked at DaeHyun but thanked him for the half finished drink.

“Are you okay?” SoRae asked holding his cheeks between his hand.

“I am. Do you have a mint? This taste in my mouth is nasty.” She passed him a stick of gum which he gladly took. “Thank you, now we dance.” As the bass bounced erratically, he took her hands in a waltz like fashion and twirled them around to floor. His rhythm was completely off but it made it all the more funny.

“Um, DaeHyun-ssi?”

“Wonderfully ironic, isn’t it?” he began to sing her a ballad that fit the rhythm of their moves. He created shape between them and spun her into his arms. “Have you fallen for me yet?” He asked with a drunken smile and a cheesy tone.

She giggled at him. “Spin me out.”

Instead of following her demands, he locked his arms around her waist and rested his head against her shoulder. “Maybe in a minute,” he sighed swaying to the music.

SoRae began to blush feeling the warmth of his skin against hers. Sure she had skin to skin contact with her brother and YoungJae, but this was completely different. She barely knew this guy. “DaeHyun-ssi?”

He hummed a “yes” into her neck and spun her out. Every so often, he would sing whatever song was playing and do a short dance move from the choreography. She was completely amused by him and forgot that there was a third to their party, YoungJae, her best friend.

“I’m so hungry...” DaeHyun whined before pulling her back into a close embrace. “Why don’t we get something, and then we’ll dance again. Kay?”

The way he was speaking mixed with his Busan accent was too much for her to take. She was slowly slipping into a comfort zone with him.

The two of them ordered food and DaeHyun ordered more alcohol. “Make sure to drink some water,” SoRae said pushing her glass to him. “I don’t what to be carrying you home.” He took turns between drinks for a while and then went back to the alcohol. He was only getting tipsy for her. He wanted to lose the tension he felt around her so that maybe she would be amused and have a good time. “DaeHyun!”

She took his drink from him that was tilting too much. “You’re going to spill it!” she laughed holding the bottle up to her lips. “Does it really taste that good?” she asked.

“That stuff is crap.” He pointed at the bottle and cursed it. “It’s so nasty and bitter and it stings. I prefer sweet things that are warm or cold...not burning.” He grabbed for it but nearly fell from his seat.

“Sit down,” SoRae laughed holding him to his seat. “If it’s so bad, then why are you drinking it?”

“Easy, to entertain you.” He smiled softly letting his eyes blink in the process.

SoRae started to feel rather warm and looked at him intently. “So you don’t really drink?”

“Haha, no...not at all.”

“Then this...this is for me?”

He smiled again and she downed the remainder of the bottle. “Two more please,” she ordered from the bartender. She took the bottles, on in each hand.

“SoRae, you don’t need to drink. Really, I’m fine. I just thought, since I’m a fun drunk, why not? If you don’t drink you don’t have to.”

She pushed a bottle into his hands. “Let’s see who can finish first.”

“But you’re totally sober. Not fair.”

She clinked her beer to his. “Then just drink,” she laughed. When she finished she set the bottle on the counter and took Daehyun back to the dance floor. “I’m a serious light weight, just so you know.”

“Then why did you...”

She cut him off. “To have FUN!”

Within ten minutes she was buzzed and the nervousness she felt around him melted away. She moved her body close to his and wrapped her arms around his neck. “You have to teach me how to dance though. I’m kinda terrible.”

DaeHyun laughed. “Next time I’ll teach you how to drink.”

She giggled into the nook of his neck. “Please do.” After a moment she reminded herself that she had to be serious. “So, how do you really dance to this kind of music?”

The sudden change of tone took him aback. She almost sounded seductive. He took her waist in his hands and guided her body to his before letting rhythm move them side to side. Her body slid along his and he did his best not to focus on it. He knew this wasn’t the real SoRae, but just a somewhat drunk version of her.

His forehead pressed against hers. “SoRae, are you feeling tired yet?”

She bit at her bottom lip. “Ani, I’m having too much fun to be tired.”

He repeated her words in his head. Did it mean that she liked him? ...or what? As he weighed his options he caught a glimpse of something sparkling. Without looking up, he knew it was HaeYeon in her tacky dress. He could honestly care less about a girl that carried a fabricated sparkle, SoRae’s was one hundred percent natural. But seeing that ugly dress reminded him of the tradition. The tradition of kissing one other person at the party. He knew from her body language that HaeYeon meant herself, but she didn’t specify, and for all he cared he wouldn’t kiss her anyways.

But then again...tradition was tradition and it would be a shame to leave it alone.

“SoRae-ssi?” DaeHyun asked and the girl looked up to him. He pushed her hair out of her face and stared at eyes for a while. “Do you know about HaeYeon’s tradition?”

“Kiss someone at the party?”

So she did know.

“It’s such a stupid tradition!” SoRae laughed into his chest. “I mean, that’s like saying ‘Come to my party and leave with someone else.’” She giggled again hitting her fist against his shoulder. “It’s ridiculous.”

She was still really tipsy. Still not in her right mind. So kissing a girl who was unaware of the situation and “loose” would be wrong. Right? DaeHyun had a high sense of justice, what was right and what was wrong, but his skinship tendencies were a whole other story. He wouldn’t kiss her in this situation. No, not now.

“DaeHyun...?” SoRae asked resting her cheek on his shoulder. Her breath tickled his skin and he was finding it harder to hold himself together. “I’m sleepy. We should leave soon.”

They had somehow found themselves in a slow dance and he rocked her side to side. It was a sweeter motion than grinding, much sweeter, but it made him want to hold her closer. This was the girl her saw earlier in the day. The girl that confused him over and over again with her vague descriptions of the situation. The girl that sassed her best friend even when he seemed to have good reasoning. The girl that looked up to green sticky stars and said “I’m Lucky.” Here she was, asleep in his arms and he was finding it easy to say that he liked her. A lot.

“SoRae-ssi, lets go sit down,” he suggested inching his way to some seats.

“We need YoungJae. Before we go we should at least tell him goodbye~” The alcohol was still having its effects on her. “Where is he?” she pouted.

“Let’s sit you down.” He placed her in a booth and knelt at her knees. “Are you okay? Should I get you water?”

She smiled at him with a warm look in her eyes. “DaeHyun, I’m glad we met today. I really like you. You’re so sweet.” She rocked forward and he kissed her forehead.

“As long as you remember that tomorrow,” he chuckled. He was still a bit intoxicated. Although he drank soju extremely well, it kept him ]tipsy for a while. He was having doubts about remembering this the next day.

He sat down beside her and let his arm fall around her waist to keep her up.

“Where’s YoungJae?” she pouted looking at him.

“He’s here, somewhere.”

She laid her head on the table and looked up at him. “Oh-kay.” She had that look back in her eyes. DaeHyun was becoming familiar with that look. He laid her head next to hers so that their noses nearly touched.

“DaeHyun, you’re too handsome for your own good,” she giggled placing a hand at his jaw and letting it slide to his chin.

“What’s that supposed to mean?”

She blinked. “Oh you know, girls are probably all over you, all the time.”

“Oh?”

“HaeYeon keeps looking at you too. It’s kinda funny.” SoRae’s fingers traced over the space where his chin meets his lips. “I bet she’s hoping that you kiss her tonight. It’d be the ultimate gift.”

“Kiss sticky?” DaeHyun laughed. “No thanks.”

SoRae flattened her lips into a cute smile. “You feel strongly about this?”

“I don’t kiss people unless I like them.”

“Oh,” SoRae sighed retracting her arm.

“Oh?” he teased again.

Her eyes formed crescent moons. “You seem rather dedicated. It’s sweet.” She opened her eyes and she said it again. This time was different, that look was for him. Not For her brother and not for YoungJae. This time it was for him. She was talking about him.

“SoRae?”

“Nnh?”

He lifted her head off the table and pressed his thumb to her bottom lip. “Is this okay?” Her lips parted at his touch for a reply. Holding her chin and lip in one hand, he kissed the upper half of . She seemed a bit surprised, but kissed him back the best she could. His hand slipped to her jaw and his fingers curled into her hair. She tasted slightly bitter like soju, but carried the sweetness of gum.

She wrapped herself around him begging for a closeness he had yet to meet. As she took in a breath, he moved across her lips to the bottom half and leaned into her. His tongue slid across her lip but he split his lips to share a breath. Her teeth closed around his lip gently before releasing it.

The two parted, looked at each other in the eyes and laughed. Her fingers fell through his hair, playing with it softly. “It think it’s time we leave,” she whispered biting her lip.

“As long as we find-”

“DaeHyun! SoRAE!” The both of them looked up at YoungJae whose hair was in disarray and his shirt was a mess. “Let’s leave. Now!” There was a high pitched giggle from behind him and he ran to the others. “Yah, we’re leaving now.”

“Did SoRae drink?” YoungJae asked helping her onto DaeHyun’s back.

“She did.”

“ChinCha?! Did you?”

“I did.”

YoungJae looked appalled. “Maybe I should carry her.”

DaeHyun twirled away as SoRae curled herself around him. “I got her. I’m fine. Things are just going to be a little fuzzy tomorrow. That’s all.”

“If you say so,” YoungJae sighed. “Just don’t drop my bestfriend.”

DaeHyun rolled his eyes walking a little faster. “Yeah, well you missed some lipstick on your upper lip.”

YoungJae hurried to wipe it off. “Please don’t say anything to SoRae.”

“Relax. Who was that girl anyways?” They hopped onto the bus and and DaeHyun set SoRae down into a seat before taking the spot next to her. Her weight shifted, resting on his side.

“Hell if I know. I asked her if the tradition thing was true and she attacked me. Out of nowhere.” YoungJae looked as surprised as he was when the girl kissed him. It was as if he was reliving the incident. “Yuck!”

“She probably thought you were leading her on. Ya’ know?” Just then SoRae’s hand feel into his lap and across his thigh. An electric pulse ran through his body and he was all too aware of her hand placement. SoRae perked her head up and looked at the uneasy boy.

“Annyo DaeHyun-ssi,” she smiled and he took her hand with his.

Anything to move it, he thought.

She was so beautifully innocent and he was scared of what might happen. “Annyo, did you sleep well?”

She dug her nose into his shoulder. “I think I’m going to sleep until we get home. Wake me at the stop, okay?”

DaeHyun agreed and looked to YoungJae. “Which stop?” he mouthed.

“Two from the next one.”

Anyone who had seen them going home would have imagined that they were close friends and had been for a while. No one would have thought that they had just met each other.

A/N: I guess I lied about which story I would be updating...my bad. lol

I think I just really wanted to get that kiss scene out there. I mean...I really wanted to set the plot into motion ^^v

I couldn't work on my Dae oneshot though and I wanted to finish it so badly. I think I was too stressed with school, you need a certain mind set to write , or at least I do. aish why am I telling you guys this?! My last final is this coming Monday.

Thanks for reading, commenting and subbing~ I love talking to you guys ^^ (feel free to friend or message me...or not. I'll just ... ᅲ ᅲ)

MeiMeng

 

@Gbbi15: lol mission to stop starts now! (when I have my last final in less than 48 hours...better late than never~)

@ppeach2: d@mn his good looks, his charms his asdfaceghjkl; ;;/dead
image

YoungJae likes SoRae? ....I will never tell you! until I get to that part...but still. lol
There maybe a little bit of competition ><
image

@toowhiteforkpop: DaeHyun is a bad guy in that he is addicted to skinship lol but isn't he in real life?!
Trying to imagine a JongUp hug and I get the feeling that he would rest his chin in the other's neck and hold them lazily. *-* (Pedo-Nuna alert)

OMG my friend JUST texted me that BigBang is going to be touring again next year. I think I might die.
I just hope that B.A.P gets a chance to do that too (if that's what the group as a whole wants) how great would that be?!