The Encounter.

The Kissing Effect.

One could say that it was a typical morning in the Moon residence. Classes had started up earlier in the week and the two children of the house were scrambling to get ready.

“Umma!” SoRae called. “Are you making breakfast, or should I?”

There was no reply so she tied her hair up into a side ponytail and began down the steps. Her sweater was a bit over sized so she pushed the sleeves up past her elbows and started up the stove. She pulled out a frying pan and set it on the burner while searching for the ingredients.

“Hmmm, are you making omurice?” her mother asked stumbling past her.

“Yeh, do you have time to eat?”

The woman looked at her daughter and smiled, but when her eyes reached the clock “Omo” fell from her lips and panic started to paint her body white. “SoRae-yah...it seems the I can’t.”

The girl motioned for her mother to come closer allowing her to plant a kiss on SoRae’s cheek.

“Yah! Don’t make this a habit,” SoRae added between pursed lips. “You need to get there on your own.”

She looked at her daughter and smiled. “You know that I’m never late when yeobo is home. Next week he’ll be back.”

“Yah! You can’t always crutch on a man to take care of you. Be your own woman! That’s what my umma used to tell me!” SoRae umma and rushed her out the door with a spatula. Soon she was back to preparing the meal.

“Nuna~” a slightly drogy voice cried down the steps. She pretended not to hear it. “Nuna~” Feet shuffled down to the first floor so silently that SoRea nearly forgot about her brother. “Nuna~ I’m so tired,” the boy whined.

“Then get some coffee or something. Umma made some.”

The boy wrapped his arms around her and swayed her side to side. “Nuna...I stayed up all night studying for an exam. Would you help a dongsaeng out?” His nose slid down from her ear to her neck letting his hot breath tickle her skin.

“You’re not wearing a shirt again, are you?”

To her remark, he squeezed her tighter and chuckled. “You know me too well.”

“Uppie, please. Not today.”

A small whimper escaped his lips making her feel bad about her decision. “Fine, but you’ve got to sleep more and manage your studying better.”

He hugged her again wrapping his arms around her waist. “Chincha? Nuna is the best!” He chuckled into her neck and placed a hand under her chin so that he could turn her face. “Komawoyo~” He pressed his lips to her cheek for a long pause. “Saranghae, Nuna~”

If SoRae wasn’t used to this kind of thing, she would have blushed a feverish pink, but this was her step brother and she had long been used to his antics. “Sit down, breakfast is ready.”

“Ne.” He took a seat across from the counter-top exposing every concave line on his upper body.

“You are so...” SoRae didn’t even finish the sentence for the doorbell rang and she hurried to answer it. “Coming Jae!”

“SoRae-yah! Hurry, it’s so cold!” her best friend cried from behind the door.

“You big baby,” she scolded swinging the door open.

“Ani! I’m really cold! You know it’s snowing right?”

She popped her head outside of the door frame and looked around. “Where? Not here.”

“Antarctica,” the boy replied stepping into the hallway. He took off his shoes and placed them to the side. “JongUp is awake right? It’s only the first week of school.”

“Hyung!” the younger boy yelled from the kitchen.

“JongUp-ah, how’s it going?”

The boy smiled brightly. “Same as yesterday. Sit down, we still have time.”

SoRae placed a plate in front of her best friend and gave him the second helping. Unfortunately for her, there wasn't enough time to make a third so she quietly grabbed a cereal bar when neither of them were looking.

"SoRae, that was amazing!” YoungJae moaned with a bit too much enthusiasm, but it was to be expected. The two boys were aware that SoRae had a sort of ‘touch’ when it came to meals. If she wasn’t satisfied with her recipe she would tweak it until it was ic.

“YoungJae-yah, we need to leave in three minutes,” SoRae said looking at her watch before running up the steps.

“Where’s your jacket?” her best friend asked rinsing his plate off into the sink. “Hey, you’re plate isn’t here. Did you eat?” he called up the steps after her.

“Bwoh? Of course! You know I’m not stupid. I know how sick I get if I don’t eat.” She finished packing her bag and slung it over her shoulders. “It’s...ah....Actually, ask JongUp where my jacket is. I think he knows.”

JongUp looked at his Hyung and shrugged. “I dunno, but I could sure use a jacket myself.”

--

It was still far too early in the morning for most students, but SoRae and YoungJae liked it that way. They got up to the library on the second floor and found their usual group table. There was about twenty minutes left until classes started and the both of them wanted to squeeze out a bit more time to study.

“YoungJae.”

The boy looked up over his laptop. “You’re taking biology this semester right?”

He nodded.

A smile was wide on her face. “Great! Then will you help me out when I take it in the summer?!”

He rolled his eyes at her. Of course he would. She didn’t even have to ask. It was completely understood that he would tutor her in anything, so long as he knew what he was talking about. He smirked behind his screen but stopped once he checked his e-mail. “SoRae-ya?”

She looked at him with half moon eyes*. “Neh?”
 

**This is the same as an eye-smile. I might use this again somewhere, but I won’t explain then.


“I  have a huge favor to ask.”

She looked at her best friend and blinked. Her eyes widened as she realized exactly what he was getting at. “Ani. No. No. No. NO.”

“Please? Just this once? I swear, I’ll never ask again!”

She shook her head violently. “That’s what you said last time, and the time before that. You promised me no more!”

“But I didn’t know about this exam! My professor announced it at the beginning of class on Wednesday. I wasn’t there because I was running late.”

SoRae was starting to feel dizzy from the constant shaking. “No. You told me, you promised me no more. You said you wanted to do well in school all on your own this time around. I only let Umma and JongUp do it when they need it. Also, they didn’t get angry at me about helping too much.” She gave him a look of disapproval. “You got so pissed last time because afterwards you realized you didn’t need my help. I don’t want an angry YoungJae again.”

“But that wasn’t an exam!” he closed his laptop and leaned across the table grabbing her face. “I swear, this is the last time!”

“ANI!” She shoved her hand into his face. “You made me swear to say ‘No More’...remember?”

“Yah!” hands gripped the tops of YoungJae’s shoulders and pushed him back into his seat. “What the hell do you think you’re doing? Leave her alone.”

The two best friends looked up at the new boy, confused by his accent. “Come again?”

The boy looked at YoungJae and sighed defeatedly. “Yah, you can’t just attack people.”

SoRae turned from the out-of-towner to YoungJae. “He wasn’t attacking me.”

“Then you two are dating?” the new boy concluded.

“Ani, he’s my best friend.”

YoungJae hurried to shuffle his things into his bag while SoRae tried to explain their close relationship. He said nothing while closing the zipper of his backpack.

“Thank you,” YoungJae whispered into her ear before kissing her cheek and running for the door.

“Yoo YoungJAE!” SoRae yelled standing straight up.

“Oh, so you’re dating?” The new boy asked seeing her fume into an angry shade of red. She threw her hands up into the air in defeat and collapsed to the floor. “Yah! Are you okay?”

She rolled onto her side. “Just leave me. I’ve been hit.”

The boy chuckled pushing her hair from her face. “If he’s your boyfriend you shouldn’t act like that. It might hurt his feelings.”

SoRae’s eyes looked deeply into the new boy’s. A pain took over her chest and she couldn’t breathe. She was really looking at him for the first time and she couldn’t handle it. Just his beautiful gaze was enough to shock her into such a state. “He’s...he’s not my boyfriend.”

“Stop joking around,” the boy chuckled. “Do you know how hurt he would be to hear you say that? You should be proud of him. I bet he’s proud of his gorgeous girlfriend.”

SoRae lifted her body up slowly from the floor without breaking her gaze with him. “We’re not dating. I’ve known him since I was three.”

“Wait...you’re serious?”

She nodded. “YoungJae is like a brother to me.”

The boy lowered his head bashfully scratching the back of his head. “Aish. I thought-”

“You thought wrong. I’m not dating anyone, especially not Yoo YoungJae.”

“But he kissed you!” The boy’s eyes met hers once again and she nearly cursed herself for what fell from her lips. “A lot of people kiss me.”

His jaw dropped. She had said it so casually that he had to believe her. “A Lot?”

She regretted everything she had said. There was no way that she could explain without revealing her secret. She laughed uneasily. “I’m Choi SoRae.”

He took her hand helping her up. She was charming even if she was a bit odd. “Jung DaeHyun. I just moved here from Busan. I take it you just moved here too?"

"Bwoh? Why would you say that?"

"You you're a waegukin*, right?" It dawned on her that he was thinking the kiss was acceptable because of cultural differences. “Where are you from? America? Canada? Europe?...New Zeland? AUSTRALIA?!”

**Korean for foreigner


SoRae made a huge “X” with her arms. “Ani, I’m from here.”

“Aw, really? I was hoping you could help me with English,” he sighed.

Just then SoRae recognized the boy. “Yah, you’re that boy in English 202 who is falling asleep.”

He chuckled rubbing the back of his neck. “So we have class together?”

She avoided his eyes after the last incident. “You should try to sit next to YoungJae and me. There’s a really good chance your English would improve.”

“Are you sure you’re not a transfer student?”

She tilted her head with a smile. “Promise.”

A/N: First off, can I seriously just thank ALL of you who subscribed before I even posted the first chapter?!
I know a lot of you came over from The Red Knot, but some of you I have never seen before o_o ... Thank YOU! Wow, how did you find this fic anyways? haha but really, thank you *bows*

If you ended up wandering over from my other B.A.P fic, I'm going to upload the final epilougue sometime soon. Promise!

So....what do you guys think? >< I'm kinda scared because I don't think I'll do as well with this fic, but I really want to try.
I just...asdfghjkl; how can you not love Jung DaeHyun?! /dies
-deep sigh to burry feels-
He's my bias list wrecker. No joke. My list is mostly just DaeSung (the most beautiful and precious creature I have EVER seen), YongGuk and MyungSoo, but in comes Busan's WooBin and I'm like ... how can-? why is-? /whatarewords

But really, how do you like it so far?

I'm going to be busy with finals for the next two weeks and the holidays are going to be making work h-ll, but I'll be out of school!!! ^O^
I'm also being commissioned again...I'm so excited!

Having to do with the story: I purposely made YoungJae younger than he really is. I want to have a sort of "ironic-parental" figure in SoRae's life and what is better than a younger best friend? lol I figured i would be fitting for him too

Thank you guys BUNCHES for subbing/commenting/reading ~you know, everything that you do!
I hope you like it thus far ^^

-MeiMeng

image

@Gbbi15: thank you! ^^ i hope you enjoy it~

@icecubeeater: interesting? YAY! I hope not to let you down *bows*

@toowhiteforkpop: Tumblr is my best friend for gifs ^^ I think Zelo has some of the cutest! may favorite so far is...

image
He's just so squishy! lol I think that's HimChan's hand.