Chapter Nine

Laws Are Meant To Be Broken.

 

They had been riding for nine hours and it was now the afternoon, the sun beat down on them and they were exhausted. Their horses plodding along, just as exhausted. Ricky had nearly slipped off his horse several times due to being too tired.

‘L.Joeeeeee, can we rest a bit’

‘No, we have to get back before night-fall.’ He replied shortly, he was trying to focus all his energy on the boy in front of him. He was holding the reins with one hand and had his other hand on the other boy’s waist to keep him on the horse.

                                                                        *

It had been six hours and it was getting dark. C.A.P. was sleeping whilst leaning forward on his horse and Niel was holding the reins around him awkwardly, he was quite awake, he and Chunji were the only ones who had been able to get some sleep. The other five who were riding alone were practically asleep as well. As for L.Joe he had been slipping in and out of consciousness but had to keep his wits about him because of Chunji.

‘Hey Chunji, you’re a burden you know, I should just dump you here on the side of the road. But I’ll be nice because you seem special. And you owe me one, ya know?’ he said, yawning in between his words and moving his hand to pat the back of the other male. The movement seemed to tire him and his leant forward and lay down on the other boys back. He lay there for a few minutes, closing his eyes and relishing the soft cushion that was Chunji, he was about to fall completely asleep when suddenly he felt his cushion twitch and heard it groan. Huh? His cushion groaned again and tried to get up. He quickly snapped out of his delirious, sleep-deprived state when he heard a whispered ‘Please...’ and jumped back, off the boy.

‘OH MY GOD!! I’M SO SORRY!! ARE YOU OKAY?!? I’M SORRY!! I’M SO SORRY!!’ he started stumbling over his words. Chunji stayed quiet but straightened up and looked over his shoulder at L.Joe and then over L.Joe’s shoulder at Niel and C.A.P. who had ridden up to them.

‘He’s okay. Just stop shouting, will you? Anyway how much longer till we get there?’ Niel snapped

L.Joe looked up ahead him and instantly recognised where they were.

‘Not far now, we’ll be there in about half an hour. Let’s go’ he replied then as soon as they started riding again, he heard a stomach rumble, he knew it wasn’t him then realised it must be Chunji. He started fumbling in his pockets clumsily nearly losing his balance on the horse if it wasn’t for Chunji who grabbed his shirt and straightened him up.

‘Hehe, here’ he said handing the boy the pouch he had managed to pull out his pocket ‘have some cheese and bread’ he carried on smiling at the boy brightly whilst blushing because of how clumsy he’d just been. Chunji took the pouch and nodded but still said nothing.

L.Joe was a little disappointed that the boy hadn’t talked, but then he remembered the wounds he’d seen last night and the way the boy had been terrified of him, and then thought that it was quite an improvement that he hadn’t seemed scared of him.

Chunji began eating, he cautiously nibbled at the food but then began wolfing it down. L.Joe watched him over his shoulder (A/N: In this story L.Joe will be taller because this wouldn’t be possible if he wasn’t. Sorry Byungie) and smiled at how cute he was. He then thought how uncomfortable holding the reins with his arms around Chunji were, so he decided to snake his arms around Chunji’s waist and held the reins from there. Chunji stiffened but relaxed again and carried on eating. It was as if he hadn’t eaten for weeks. L.Joe giggled inwardly and blushed at how close they were. WHAT THE HECK, SNAP OUT OF IT BYUNGHUN.... And he carried on mentally reprimanding himself in this manner for behaving like a lovesick, hormonal, teenage girl until he saw they were close to the edge of the woods and realised that they had nearly reached his home. Within a minute all nine boys had emerged from the woods and saw the outline of the grand city in the darkness and the few lights that were lit where there were people who were still awake so late at night.

‘Here we are’ L.Joe started proudly, ‘The capital of the Kingdom and my home...Andromeda’

He was so glad that they were finally home that he didn’t notice Chunji tremble at the mention of his home.

Chunji’s POV:

I had been sleeping well till he went and decided to squish me. He asked me, or rather shouted at me, whether I was okay.  I looked at Niel and he answered for me. Thanks again Niel.

We started riding again and I noticed it was night time, then suddenly my stomach rumbled; it had been nearly two weeks, I think, since I last ate. I would have blushed but I reckon I didn’t have enough blood left in me to be able to. I then realised that I could feel bandages all over my body and it didn’t seem to hurt as much anymore. L.Joe must have treated me last night. I wanted to say thank you but I was still scared, I knew who he was but it didn’t seem like he knew who, or what I should say, I was. He’s treating me well now but I’m sure when he finds out what I am and who I am he will execute me. I felt L.Joe digging in his pockets somewhere behind me, he was fidgeting a lot and nearly fell off the horse but I managed to pull him back up, even though it took all the energy in me and my arm hurt afterwards. He chuckled and handed me a pouch, I was confused but he explained it had food in it. He was so clumsy and cute. I took the pouch from him and opened it to find some bread and cheese. I took it and hesitantly tried a bit but when it tasted delicious I figured even if it were poisoned at least it tasted better than anything I’d had in years. I began wolfing it down and nearly didn’t notice L.Joe wrap his arms around my waist. Nearly. I ignored it and carried on eating. I could hear L.Joe mumbling angrily to himself behind me and chuckled. Suddenly the woods disappeared on either side of us and we were at the top of a hill over-looking a valley. In front of us there was a huge city, one of the biggest I’d seen in my life, I could see a few lights here and there. It looked beautiful, the buildings all bathed in moonlight.

‘Here we are’ L.Joe started proudly, ‘The capital of the Kingdom and my home...Andromeda’

I shivered at the mention of the name. This place was the setting of half my nightmares and I knew that as soon as enter the city, his plan would start and my life would become even more hellish before. I would need to hurt so many people.

Author's Note: So I named the capital Andromeda becuase it used to be Teen Top's unofficial fan club name, plus I also love astronomy and stars. I think I should call the kingdom Cassiopeia, what do you think? Please tell me or suggest some other names!! Pleaseeee~ Also constructive critcism is VERY welcome. Biya guys live, love and laugh <3