Chapter Two

Laws Are Meant To Be Broken.

Authors Note: Argh this chapter was meant to be for tomorow but I just couldn't help myself...I GOT MY FIRST SUSCRIBER!!!! * dramatically points into imaginary crowd* THIS IS FOR YOU Vip_Elf !!!! Its not really that exciting but I'm a newbie so what do ya expect.

 

 

Drip. Drip. Drip.

The sound of the leaking roof was driving the boy insane. He tried to see where the leak was exactly, but he wouldn’t have even been able to see his hand if he had held it up in front of his face, not that he could move his hands if he wanted to. They as well as his feet were chained to the cold wall behind him.

Clink. Clink. Clink.

The sound of metal hitting against each other, specifically the sound of chains. Not his chains though ,he had lost hope and given up a long time ago, but probably the chains of the two boys chained in a similar way to him on the other side of the room. Unlike him they still hadn’t realised that fighting back was useless but then again they hadn’t been through all the things he had.

Huh. Huh. Huh.

The sound of deep breathing. Again not his, his breathing had become shallow and would have stopped altogether if his body didn’t scream at him and demand oxygen.

There were so many sounds all around him, the sound of rain hitting the roof, the sound of rodents scuttling here and there but there was one sound missing and the lack of its presence was a bittersweet thing to the boy. His heartbeat. He used to like to lie in silence and listen to it, feel it pounding in his ears and reverberating through his body telling him he was alive but now he couldn’t hear it anymore. He could hardly hear his own thoughts anymore it was as if he, himself as a person, was fading away. But if he couldn’t hear his goddamned heart anymore then why was he still alive, still very much there. Still able to feel every cut that marred his otherwise milky skin, able to feel the awful sensation of his parched mouth and throat yearning for so much as a drop of moisture. Not that these things bothered him, his mind was too far gone.

Tap. Tap. Tap.

The sound of footsteps...wait that couldn’t be right. There was no one that lived in the rundown cottage, which the boys were in the basement of, there were no one that had any business venturing this far into the forest, and there was no one that knew about this place except from...the boy inhaled deeply and held it in scared to breathe out.

Slam. The door to the cellar swung open and some light shone in but most of it was blocked by a the person standing in the doorway. And for the first time in weeks the boys face showed emotion rather than that dead look he wore and the his eyes shone with the emotion he was no stranger to and had felt most his life. Terror.