Chapter Sixteen

Laws Are Meant To Be Broken.

 

 

                                                                                       tumblr_mahuj90emT1qgtk2oo1_400.jpg

 

‘I’ve decided that I don’t care about your past. You and Chunji have been through a lot and you haven’t done anything wrong. But the fact remains that Chunji is technically an Undesirable and he can be killed by law.’ Niel panicked when L.Joe said this and was about to interrupt but L.Joe carried on. ‘However Chunji is innocent and if he is an Undesirable, it is only by birth and so I will not let him be punished for it. Both you and Chunji will be moved into the third caste, you will be C.A.P.’s apprentice and Chunji will work for me. However no one must know, I may tell C.A.P. and a couple of the others but this must be kept a secret. Do you understand?’ L.Joe asked and Niel was instantly nodding his head crazily. He was so relieved he felt like he could burst into song. L.Joe was surprised that Niel wasn’t opposing to the fact that Chunji would be working for L.Joe and so would be around L.Joe a lot.

L.Joe patted Niel on the back whilst reaching out and opening the door motioning for Niel to go back into the room. As soon as the door was opened they were met with the sound of laughter. It definitely wasn’t C.A.P.’s, L.Joe had heard C.A.P. laugh before and his laugh had never been so cute and...twinkly. As he stepped into the room his suspicions had been confirmed, that cute, addictive laugh had belonged to Chunji. L.Joe would have been happy that Chunji was laughing and would have liked the sound of Chunji’s laugh but the sight before him only made him angry. There was Chunji doubled over laughing, with his hand on C.A.P.’s shoulder.

Ahead of L.Joe, Niel asked why Chunji was laughing and all L.Joe heard from Chunji’s words were ‘Minsoo’, ‘funny’ and ‘sweet’ and he instantly became angry, since when was C.A.P. good at making friends with people and why was Chunji opening up to him and why the hell was C.A.P. blushing? Then again, for the tenth time that day, L.Joe wondered why he cared so much about everything surrounding Chunji, he barely knew the boy, and he couldn’t find any reasons for why he felt the way he did whenever he was around Chunji and why his mood would turn so dark when anyone else was around Chunji. His inner turmoil was put on hold when C.A.P. asked ‘So did you guys clear everything up?’ whilst still blushing, L.Joe couldn’t help but notice.

‘Yep, everything’s cleared up, mostly, from now on C.A.P., Niel will be working under you, train him well. And Chunji you’ll become my personal...urm...maid or servant. Is that ok?’ Chunji had stopped laughing and was back to his silent self but he nodded at L.Joe’s words. L.Joe felt weird saying what he had, it felt strange calling Chunji his maid, he had had other maids and he had never had this problem. L.Joe brushed these thoughts and thought it was only right to tell the two boys the law of this country, even if they should already technically know it, so he cleared his throat and everyone turned to him.

‘So I think that I, as prince, should go through this Kingdom’s, Cassiopeia’s, laws. One of the main laws is that every citizen of Cassiopeia is placed in a division and once in a division they are only allowed to marry people who are also within their division. Also people who have more than one division in between them are not allowed to be friends and be around each other. The second rule is that homouality is prohibited. And the third, most important rule is that magic is banned. Anyone that breaks any of these becomes an Undesirable and can be put to death, is that understood?’ Everyone, even C.A.P., nodded but L.Joe noticed that Chunji had his head hung low, probably because he was thinking of his past. However before L.Joe could say anything, C.A.P. had placed both his hands on Chunji’s cheeks and had leant in towards Chunji, pressing his forehead to Chunji’s.

‘Y..YAH!! W..what are you doing?!?’ L.Joe shouted and stepped forehead but before he could do anything C.A.P. had stood up and with his arm around Chunji’s waist had pulled him up off the bed too to stand beside him.

‘Chunji has a fever. He should be taken to see Minho. I’ll take him. Do you want to come, Niel?’ C.A.P. said shortly and began to lead Chunji to the door still with his arm around him, Niel had taken his place on Chunji’s other side and they all walked past a frozen L.Joe who stood there for a few moments just blinking and thinking of ways to kill C.A.P. before he came to his senses and went after the others through the door shouting

‘H..Hey, wait up for me!!’

 

Niel’s POV:

I walked through the door of L.Joe’s room and I could hear Chunji’s laughter. It had been a while since I’d seen him smile let alone hear him laugh, I’m happy that he is happy but I know that this can’t last for long. Though L.Joe has been kinder than I expected, Chunji’s existence practically breaks all three of the main laws. And even if we do build our lives anew here, He will never let us be.

But for now I want Chunji to experience a normal life for once and not be abused, and if him being L.Joe’s servant is the only way, then I will have to accept it but this complicates everything so much more. Getting close to L.Joe is exactly what He wants; it’s all part of His plan and if what and who Chunji is, is revealed I don’t him to be near L.Joe or else its game over for us.

Urgh, Changjo where are you? Chunji needs you right now. You’d know what to do.

 

Author's Note: So thats another chapter done. I put slight CapJi in here, I really just ship Chunji with everyone. I really wanted to add something Christmas-y but maybe I can have a Late-Christmas-Chapter later on. Is everyone hyped for Christmas? I've just finished baking, I've been doing it all morning. Some CapJI and some slight Changji

imagetumblr_marnk5knva1rv4lx5o1_250.giftumblr_m05z3nlmzf1r28j9yo1_500.gif