2. Extraordinary, Handsome and Gay?!

Pink Lips, Rosy Cheeks, Long Lashes, Sparkling Eyes [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hey guys!

Ignore my ugly drawing of Sehun, the plan of the house is just important XD

Oh yeah, HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR BABY PANDA TAO <3

And also a super-duper late HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO HUNHAN <3

Enjoy this chapter, I worked hard on it :D

 

 

Stomp. Stomp. Stomp. Door slamming.

Stomp. Stomp. Stomp. Shriek.

Stomp. Stomp. Stomp. Door banging. 

Stomp. Stomp. Stomp. Loud bickering. 

Stomp. Stomp. Stomp. Telephone ringing.

*Nnng... Why is it so loud?* A half-sleeping Lu Han in bed wondered.

He turned to the other side. Still the too loud voices outside his room didn't dissolve, it was dark due to the light-tight curtains and it felt way to early for him to wake up. He refused to give in to his mind sobering up, since he was tired and the exhaustion of the day before hadn't left yet. He felt stiff.

The loud banging of the doors stopped but the male voices were still reaching his ears and he was slowly getting annoyed.

*Why are the maids so loud at this early hour... and since when were they ever loud? I hope they quieten down soon.* The Chinese boy buried his head under his pillow and wrapped the blanket tightly around him in an attempt to block out the noise outside and it was helping already. He relaxed and drifted further into sleep again.

 

"Hey you! Don't stomp around the house like that!" BAM.

"And don't slam the door, close it quietly!"

From inside the closed door the response came, "Hyung, stop acting like an old man! I am in a rush!"

Heavy steps came running down the stairs and the person running shrieked after realising the time.

He ran towards the bathroom door, the same door which was slammed shut a moment ago, and gripped the handle tightly only to meet resistance.

He groaned and wanted to turn around but instead shouted out, "The bath upstairs is also busy! Hyung, help me, I'll be late."

"Yah, giant, what can I do? Just wait until he comes out", after saying that the older boy went away to do his own business. While he walked away he remembered, "and stop running around the house please, the sound of elephants like you trampling around isn't pleasant."

But he was ignored, since the other boy was already slamming his fists against the bathroom door violently and his voice was the only sound even louder than the banging, "Hey, dwarf! Hurry up! No eyeliner please! Hurry, I'll be late!"

The boy inside the bathroom answered in a shrill voice, "Hey! Stop that! I only used it once! Only once, don't you understand? And I will take as much time as I need!"

"Please, hurry! I know, I know... okay, just hurry!"

"If you, Mister Colossus, would stop banging on the door?! I will hurry, if you let me do my thing in peace!"

"Okay, okay!", the taller shouted before leaning against the closed door of the unoccupied room next to the bathroom door waiting.

*Since when is this door closed? It was usually always open...* He wondered to himself before shrugging.

In the kitchen, there was a different ruckus going on, "Hey, don't leave your dirty dishes there. Wash them or put them in the dish-washer, I don't want to clean up your mess after coming back from college!"

"I'll do it myself later, don't worry and just go on with preparing your lunch", he uttered before quickly exiting he kitchen area.

"I'll chop off your head if you dare forget!"

And then another boy came storming into the kitchen with a wide smile, "Did I hear lunch? Is my special roommate hyung making lunch?", and he went to the boy standing in front of the counter cutting bread and making delicious looking sandwiches.

He hugged the elder's waist from the back and put his head on his shoulder, "Aww, hyung. Are you making lunch for me?", he asked with a sugar dripping voice.

He got a disgusted grunt as an answer along with a "over my dead body. This is my lunch, don't dare touch it."

"Hyung, please, make three for me, too", he whined.

"I have no time for this, why don't you guys wake up earlier to get your stuff done yourself?", and he tried to wiggle out of the younger's hug.

"It's not the time. Your food is just really good. Hyung, please? I'll even do aegyo!" That annoying. overly. sugar. dripping. voice.

"No means no. Where's your pride? I don't need to see aegyo from an ugly boy. Go away."

And the younger released the other boy easily, "Whatever, seems like there is no hope for my lunch from you", spoken in a deep and cold voice, turning into his usual nonchalant self again.

"Instead of whining around and bugging me, use the time to make your own? You're so irritating."

And following the elder's instruction, he took ingredients and stood next to his hyung starting his "work".

While he smeared jam onto his bread, he "accidentally" bumped shoulders with the older boy. Then his elbow nudged the elder's elbow and the latter spilled too much salt onto his sandwich. He turned to the one who caused him to spill the salt and glared at him before muttering, "I surrender. I'll make you sandwiches tomorrow, okay? But not today... you're such an idiot."

"Thank you, hyung", he hugged the elder loosely before dashing out with his badly-in-a-rush-made-breads-in-badly-wrapped-foils.

And then when he was in the entrance area, where they kept their everyday shoes and also took them off before entering the house, he saw a pair of unfamiliar shoes. Of course he was curious to know if anyone got a new pair. A guest at this early hour was pretty much out of question and he would have seen him.

"Hey guys!", he shouted into the corridor of the house, "Did any of you buy new shoes?"

There were several "no"s and "why"s in return to his question.

"There is a pair of foreign shoes here, come and look!"

The tall boy who was still waiting for the bathroom came over to take a look, along with the older guy scolding everyone to not run around the house.

"Well, definitely not mine", eyeing the simple white sneakers both shook their heads, "and I don't remember anyone wearing these or buying new ones", the tall one added.

"Hm, but looking at these, they kind of don't look new? I mean they are clean and in a good condition but they show traces of usage", the older one explained, before turning around and shouting into the house, "Hey guys, come here for a second, you need to look at these shoes!"

Two boys scrambled into the entrance area, making them five out of eight altogether. One left the house already (the one who had left a mess in the kitchen) one was still busy with his sandwiches and the third one still occupied the bathroom.

The two declared to have never seen the shoes before and then the ringing of the shared house phone interrupted them.

They all looked towards the corridor, where the phone was usually placed on a small side table and in that moment they saw the bathroom door open on the other side of the corridor and the boy coming out, shuffled to the phone directly. The boy from the kitchen also went to pick up the phone (since often enough all the other lazy asses in the house wouldn't budge to) and he stood next to the guy who had picked it up now, trying to figure out who called.

A moment later, they were all called to come together by the phone, the landlady had called and wanted to announce something important. The speaker was opened and she told them they had a new housemate, who freshly came over from China the day before. They told her about the mysterious pair of shoes, they guessed the shoes belonged the new boy. She explained that she had allocated him the unoccupied room in the back of the ground floor, next to the bathroom. She was relieved that they were awake already, so she could tell them about the new housemate but they shouldn't wake him if he was still sleeping, he should get a good rest for he had had an exhausting day past him. They would get more details after she would have met him in the afternoon and when he has come back, so they could get to know him personally. She assumed he wanted to stay longer, since he was there to study but she was not sure, because they had not talked about that yet. Finally she wished all of the boys good luck with their classes and a nice day.

After that exciting announcement all the boys were eager to see the new Chinese guy. But due to their classes they had to hurry and so they (after the phone call now) quietly finished getting ready and one by one left the house until a still sound sleeping Lu Han was all alone in the entire house.

 

A few hours later when Lu Han's mind started sobering up a second time that day, he let it.

Even though he didn't feel that tired anymore, his body was still stiff, and he opened his eyes before sitting up and stretching his arms as well as arching his back with half closed, half opened lids. He knew it must have been late already and when he found his phone set on the night table next to his bed, he took it and looked at the time. He was correct- it was past eleven already. He put the phone back on the night stand next to his bed- wait, his bed? Right, not his bed, he was in Korea, that meant there it was already past twelve.

He was in Korea and got a room with the help of Jongdae, the singer in the bar and a landlady who came to let him into this unknown house in the middle of the night. Somehow, it felt too easy, it felt too nice. It felt fishy?

And now after he gave a second thought to it, panic started to rise in his chest.

What if he was deceived again? What if Jongdae and the landlady were in cahoots together? What if they stole all his belongings and left him there with nothing? Or even worse, what if they were planning to do bad things to him even after that? Oh geez, what a filthy pack...

He quickly tossed away the too comfortable and warmth giving blanket and got up from bed, he needed to stretch a little before he could move any further, but then he got to his suitcases, and he dreaded looking into them. What if they really were empty? But he didn't regret opening his suitcase and trolley, the numbing feeling of utter relief slowly suffocated the panic. His belongings were complete and untouched.

It was probably dumb to think he got deceived- well, no, let's say it was justifiable, he was just being careful. But now thinking again, would they not first take his smartphone away? Would they give him the keys to the house and not lock him? Would they give him such honest looks and caring smiles?

Either of the two persons he had met the day before were honest and wonderful people, his heart knew it.

They wouldn't.

Suddenly he heard the ringing of a phone outside his room and he wondered if he should look for it or not. But after a moment he didn't notice any other sound and the phone was still ringing. And once he was in the corridor, it was not difficult to find the phone on the small side table and as he went there he looked left and right, but the house was so quiet, it seemed vacant. No one showed up and in the end he just grabbed the phone.

It was the landlady, she was relieved he picked up finally because she had tried calling him earlier around ten and also eleven. She asked if he was still sleeping, he just awkwardly answered because he was embarrassed for sleeping so long, but she assured him she didn't mind. She asked him how he had slept and if he had any important plans that day. He told her that besides some small shopping he didn't have other plans and she requested if he could meet her at a café in a couple of hours, she even offered to pick him up, but he insisted on getting there alone because he had to get used to the trains and busses of Seoul, so he only wanted to know how he could get there by public transport.

After the telephone call, he was quite sure. They didn't.

He went back to his room straight, he wanted to examine it in daylight. First of all he felt the warm and fluffy carpeting in the room, the difference to the cold, hard floorboards in the corridor was evident. Especially when one just got out of bed and was still barefoot.

Did he think the room was big last night? He must have been really sleepy then, the room was the half of his room at home. Doesn't mean he didn't like it, it was really bright, there were two windows giving the room daylight and sunshine. It was kept really simple, there was a single bed with full white covers, an empty desk with a swivel chair and a wardrobe. The furniture was made of light brown woods, the walls were painted in a pale brown or beige type colour. A plain canvas for living out all the creativity in the occupant's mind, or a simple base for all the individuality the occupant needed. If Lu Han was staying longer, the first thing changed would be the all white bedding.

He wanted to explore the house, but first of all was taking a shower and if he found the kitchen before his curiousness would take over, breakfast would come before, too. He still didn't want to unpack his belongings, since he wasn't sure about staying and the talk with the landlady would maybe help. He just searched for a new set of clothing, his towel, washrag and toothbrush, which he brought from China, leaving out toothpaste, shower gels, shampoo etc. because he had planned to buy them when he got to Korea, but his plan for the day before was torn apart harshly. So he hoped he would find something in the bathroom. When he exited his room, he counted four doors in the corridor, besides his room's and the main door. Three were closed, one was open, which was on the opposite wall of his. He could see a huge room from outside, some bits of couch and he decided that it was not the bath, he guessed it was the living room, or call it a common room based on the house being a student hostel. The two doors on his side of the wall, to the right of his room, were closed and he had the feeling the bathroom would be the door left to him on the end of the corridor and he was lucky.

Before going into the washroom, he shouted into the house if anyone was there, he could not be sure, just because no one had answered the telephone. And he got not reply to his shouting, so he assumed the house actually was empty. He felt really awkward using the bathroom to shower, without anyone knowing and he was there the for the first time, too, but he managed and once he was finished, he put his belongings back into his room before going to find the kitchen. And he was curious to see more of the living room, so he went there first.

The room was quite big, there was a lot of light flooding in through the panaroma windows on the left side (from coming into the room) and the set of windows in the wall facing the door. The furniture was simple and modern, he saw a pair of sofas, on the left side next to the door was a big flat screen TV, a collection of DVD's in the TV stand and he found the WLAN router also there. The TV looked quite new, he wondered if it was one of those who could connect to the internet?

Surprisingly to him, the room was super tidy and looked hygienic; he, since he never lived on his own or in a shared flat, always thought boys on their own would be messy. But no. This house proved him wrong. There was a carpet under the sofas only in that area, the rest was laminate flooring. There was a huge dining table in front of the panorama windows and when he neared it, he saw there was actually a door to the terrace, and as he looked outside through the glass, he saw a garden. A wonderful, vast garden. And amazingly, it was cultivated. The bushes were neatly cut and there was a rest of flowers, who had survived until the end of summer. It was wonderful, he never thought he could see a garden in such a huge city and as he was also in the city center, he wondered how such a single house could exist... but if they were in the richer parts of a city, there are such streets with single houses, right? But he couldn't be in such a rich area, could he? We are talking about a two story student hostel. Including a vast marvelous garden?

He definitely liked the place. He would take a chair or a sun lounger, if they had one, and sit in the garden.

Another surprise awaited him on the other side when he turned around. The kitchen was attached to the lving room, a neatly organized red and black coloured kitchen, with white shining through. It wasn't too dark, it looked nice due to the white. But there were dirty dishes and bread crumbs and other random things lying around. The first sign of life in that house.

For breakfast he looked into the cabinets to find bread and in the fridge he found different fillings, so he just took a few slices of cheese and put them on his bread, he wasn't sure where to find butter, so he just left it out and put some lettuce on top before taking a bite of it. He also grabbed a cup out of one of the cabinets and poured some juice from the fridge into it.

He left the room/kitchen with his breakfast in hand. Actually he wanted to see the rooms behind the two closed doors in the corridor. He was really curious, he guessed they were rooms of his housemates. In the end he didn't go there but went upstairs to see what was there. And upstairs looked a lot more messier. The doors were all opened and he saw a bathroom, so he examined it and this one actually had a bath tub and a shower stall. He would have liked to take a bath from time to time, maybe he could use this one sometimes? And not to mention, there was a French window to access the balcony. Nice.

Afterwards he went into the left room (seeing from the point of coming up the stairs), it was open, so he just went in without touching

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter