Hongki, you babo

‘The Only One Person’

 

“Jonghoon-hyung? Are you still there? Hyung—“

Jaejin’s voice faded from the other line as I dropped my phone to the floor. I stood frozen in my room, as if I was being chocked, as if someone stabbed my heart. The pain was unexplainable, unbearable.

In no time, I found myself running. I am not an athlete neither do I jog but I was fast, I was running really fast.

Just last night, you were with me and now…my mind was filled with your face as I run nonstop to the hospital.

When I reached the place, I didn’t even notice how exhausted I was. All I knew was that I needed to find you—to see you.

I spotted Jaejin, Minhwan, Seunghyun and some unknown people at the end of the lobby. Without hesitation, I rushed right to them. The ER’s door opened.

That moment, all I saw was you, lying on the hospital bed. The smile you have always worn was gone. Your glowing smooth skin was pale and dull. Your beautiful face was bruised. Your red lips, that I always wanted to kiss, were violet. Your warm gentle body was cold and your heartbeat…it was—gone.

“I’m sorry but as soon as his body arrived here, he was gone,” the throbbing in my ears made the doctor’s voice fainter.

I knelt down beside your lifeless body. I caressed your face, I wanted to do that ever since I laid my eyes on you. But I was always halted with fear. If only I did, I should’ve felt the warmness of your skin against my palms.

Just last night you were with me. Just last night your face was perfectly painted with a radiant smile. And just last night, you promised me you wouldn’t leave me. How could this happen all of a sudden?

Tears trickled down my cheeks. I closed my eyes and I see the smiling you. For one last time I look at you and for the first time I whispered, “I love you.”

The bed where you lie started to roll away. I watched as they took you away from me.

I felt a tap on my shoulder. It was Seunghyun. He helped me up while Minhwan gave me a hanky.

I sat down since I didn’t have enough energy to stand up on my feet.

I heard from the police that a gang whom you were in debt with tried to get their money back. But since you didn’t have money, they wanted to get your necklace your mother gave you instead. But you refused, struggled and tried to fight. But you were outnumbered.

Babo.

Jaejin sat beside me after a while and handed me a paper. For some reason it looked familiar.

“This was found in Hongki-hyung’s pocket. Don’t know what is written in it but it was addressed to you,” he smiled and let me read the content myself.

And for the second time today, tears flowed down my eyes. This time I didn’t know if it could even cease.