Reading (Zhoury)

School Day

"Mimi, do you want to read with me?" Little Henry said going over to Zhoumi’s seat.

"Yeah. You can pick the book today, since I picked yesterday." Henry smiled and grabbed a book off the shelf.

"We can take turns reading the pages again. I’ll start." Henry began to slowly work through the first page of the picture book and Zhoumi continued on the next page. "He is my…Uh Mimi do you know what that word is?" Henry asked pointing to the word in the book. Little Zhoumi looked over and shrugged.

"No. Seonsaengnim says to sound out the word first."

"Hmmm. Ba…eh…st…fi…ri…eh...n…d…I still don’t know. Seonsaengnim!"

"Yes, Henry?"

"What’s this word? I tried sounding it out like you said but I still don’t know."

"It’s best-friend. You know what a best friend is, right?"

"Yup. A best friend is Zhoumi." Henry said and leaned over and wrapped his arms around Zhoumi’s neck to give him a hug.

"Zhoumi is your best friend?"

"Yup. My best friend in the whole wide world."

"And Henry is my bestest friend in the world." Mimi said returning the hug as both smiled.

"Very good boys. It’s good to have a best friend." Soo Man pats both kids on the head before going to help some of the other kids.