Chapter Eight: All I want for Christmas

A Beautiful Inconvenience

Eli’s POV:

It was late at night Christmas Eve and Hyerin and I were sitting by the tree, just having finished putting out the last few presents and decorations.

“Eli?”

“Hmm?” I answered sleepily, turning to her.

“What’s the one thing that you really want for Christmas? Like, what will you be really disappointed about if it doesn’t happen?” I sighed, trying to gather my thoughts. I knew exactly what I wanted to say. But did I dare acctually say it?

“Well, I already have everything I wanted when I first arrived in D.C. I’m getting to spend Christmas with my family; the first time in years.”

“Oh,” She smiled, but I felt I saw just a trace of disappointment in her face. It was silent for a moment before I decided to continue, “But, stuff happens and wants change sometimes…” She turned to me,

“What do you mean?” She looked confused and I smiled. This is exactly what I wanted. To be sitting with her now.

“Right now. This is all I want. This is perfect to me.” She tilted her head in confusion and I laughed, “At first all I wanted, and expected, was my family. That’s all I ever thought to wish for Christmas. But, I’ve got a lot more this year than I ever thought possible.” I paused and looked at her, “When I got here, some clumsy girl ran into me and has stuck around since. And it wouldn’t have been such a perfect Christmas without her.” She looked up at me startled. I smiled up at her sheepishly. “And I soon came to realize that she was all I really wanted for Christmas, you know?” She just looked at me startled, trying to figure out if I meant her or not. I smiled and stood up, taking her hands and dragging her up with me. “Yes, I mean you,” I said softly, putting my face just a bit closer to hers. Her eyes widened and she blushed. I gently leaned my forehead against hers. “All I want for Christmas is you.” She smiled and blushed a bit more. “What about you?” I asked softly. She looked down and quickly hugged me, burying her head in my chest. I chuckled and quickly hugged her back.

 

 

Hyerin’s POV:

The next morning I woke up suddenly. I had had the strangest dream last night. I was talking with Eli and he confessed and we hugged and stuff. It seemed so real though… Now I was seriously confused… It was a dream, right…? Then I remembered that it was Christmas morning and quickly jumped out of bed and ran for my door. I swung it open and was about to run downstairs when Eli came out of his room also. I looked at him and it all came rushing back to me. Maybe that hadn’t been a dream after all...

He saw me standing there and smiled. I blushed and looked away.

“Merry Christmas!” He smiled brightly. I looked back at him and returned the smile. “Oh, here.” He went back into his room and returned with a small box a few moments later. “This is yours. I forgot to put it down last night.” I took it from him and smiled,

“Thank you.” He laughed and shook his head awkwardly,

“Its nothing…” He looked away.  He began to turn and go down stairs.

“Eli?” I said. He stopped and turned.

“Yes?”

“Last night… I didn’t just dream it, right?” He smiled and shook his head,

“No.” He smiled softly and reached out and quickly took my hand in his. “We should head down.” He smiled and pulled at my hand slightly and I walked with him down the stairs.

 

~~~

 

Once everyone got downstairs and Hannah had arrived we all began to open our gifts. It was a lot of fun and it was interesting for me to see how another family did Christmas. At my house everything was rather organized, but here it was kind of like you grab a gift and open it. Everyone was opening and exclaiming over gifts at the same time. I was so happy to be included and get gifts from them. They were really so sweet. I had gotten them all gifts too and could tell that they were all really happy.

I had yet to open Eli’s gift because he kept making me wait and he also had yet to open mine. I asked him why and he told me that he was saving the best for last. I just laughed and shook my head as the others just looked at us in mild curiousity. Mrs. Kim watched us with what seemed to be a knowing expression and I blushed. When I made eye contact with her again, she smiled at me and looked between Eli and I, suggesting what she thought. I smiled softly and averted my eyes, feeling shy. I heard her soft, happy laugh at my obvious confirmation.

 

 

Finally, Eli pulled my gift into his lap and was inspecting it.

“You can open yours now.” He smiled and I rolled my eyes as I pulled back the paper. He fiddled with the bow on his gift nervously as I opened the box. I smiled at what laid inside. It was a small silver necklace with two birds resting on it. I smiled and inspected it, bringing it closer to my face.

“Thanks you!” I beamed and looked up at him. “It’s beauiful!”  He just smiled and looked away quietly. Minah laughed as she saw it,

“Are those pigeon’s?” Eli shot her a look,

“Do they look like pigeon’s?” He asked her. She peered at it closely,

“Well, maybe… It’s hard to tell… These birds are rather ambiguously shaped…” Eli glared at her, but she just ignored him and kept going, “I mean, it would make sense if they were pigeons since you’re a pigeon and all. Aww, how cute! There are two, so Hyerin can be a pigeon too! Wait, why’d you get her a pigeon-couple necklace? I mean, there’s a few things wrong with that. One, aren’t pigeon’s just a little too unromantic. And well, two, you guys aren’t… Wait, are you? You are! Oh my gosh!” Minah was about to continue on, but Eli stopped her,

“Minah.”

“What?”

“Run.” Her eyes widened and she jumped up, obviously knowing what was about to happen. He jumped up after her and they ran around the house like that. Minah continued to wave my necklace around as she ran from her brother.

 

Finally the two were able to settle down again and Eli gave me back my necklace sheepishly. By this point, my gift to him was the last one. This was it. I prayed that he would like it and that it wasn’t weird and a million thoughts were rushing through my brain at once as he tore off the last of the paper and went to open the box that I had placed it all in. I squeezed my eyes shut as he pulled it out, waiting for it to be over. I heard the crinkle of the paper as he opened the book and turned the pages. It was so quiet and finally I couldn’t take it anymore and looked up. They were all looking at Eli and me. I smiled awkwardly back at them.

“This is what you were doing? Making this?” Eli finally asked, peeling his gaze away from the pictures. I nodded slowly.

“What is it?” Minah asked, leaning over to see what he held. He moved it slightly for her to see better and she peered at it intently and looked back up at me.

“Umm, there’s more in there. Its actually not just a gift for Eli, but I framed the best pictured of all of you all together so that you could put them up and all have some of the pictures and-” I was about to continue when Eli cut me off,

“There’s something missing in these pictureds.” I stared at him perplexed as he flipped through the book,

“What do you mean?”

“You.” I stared at him,

“What?”

“You aren’t in a single one.”

“Oh…” Hannah clapped her hands,

“Let’s take another family picture for the frames! This one with Hyerin! Come on, get up you all!”

 And so we did. We all gathered around on the couch and Hannah set up her camera to get us all in the shot with a timer. I was squished in between Eli and Minah. The Camera flashed and Hannah went to check it.

“Okay, let’s do another! Just in case!” She repeated the process and sat back down. Just before the picture was taken, Eli leaned over and kissed my cheek. Once the picture was taken, he pulled away and grinned. I was frozen as Hannah went to go check it out. She looked at it and smiled,

“Perfect.” She looked up at Eli and me and winked, making me sink into my seat even further from embarassment.

 

“Hey, where’s your camera?” Eli asked me as everyone started getting up again. I told him and he ran to get it.

“Why do you need it?” I asked. “Well, these are all good pictures, but we need more of you. So, we’re gonna pass the camera around for the rest of the day and get more with you in them so that I can take them with me too.” He smiled and lifted the camera just then and snapped a picture of the look on my face just then. He looked at it afterwards, “Perfect.”

 

 

Minah POV:

It was afternoon on Christmas and everyone was spread out around the house. We had all just finished eating dinner and were really full. My parents went to go and take a nap and Eli and Hyerin were in the living room. I walked in and saw that they were sitting on the couch together.

“So, how long has this been going on?” I asked, sneaking up behind them. They jumped and turned to look at me. “Hmm?” I raised an eyebrow. Eli grinned,

“Well, we talked last night, that’s it. You’ve not missed much.” Hyerin smiled and agreed. I laughed,

“See, Hyerin. I always told you it’d happen.” I winked at her and she blushed as Eli gave us a strange look. “Oh, that’s right. You didn’t know. Well, you know she’s a Ukiss fan, right?” Eli nodded. “Well, you’ve always been her favorite. I mean, don’t be worried, she genuinly cares about you as you, I know. But, you were her favorite. And I always told her that you guys would be perfect together. And I was right! I knew it’d happen sooner or later!” Eli then looked back over at Hyerin,

“I guess it was meant to be.”

 


So, I honestly don't know how to end this... Well, I have a couple of ideas, but we'll see.:P There will probably only be one more chapter... Just to warn you all! :D