Chapter 6: What am I suppose to do?

A young girl with dreams

'Pretend that we aren't friends? How am I suppose to do that?'

I walked to school with a heavy heart and thinking about what daehyun texted me. Why? Why can't we let others know that we are friends?? I walked past the school basketball court and saw daehyun standing alone, looking at the other boys playing.

I took out my phone and texted him. 

"why don't you join them??'

I saw daehyun whipped out his phone from his pocket and texted me back.

'Idk. I am afraid that they wou;dn't like me."

I walked towards him and patted him on his shoulder.

"hey~!"

Daehyun jumped and looked at me.

"I thought I told you that we should pretend that we aren't friends??"

I laughed, "Nah, I don't get why I should do that."

The school bell rang and the students rushed to their respective classes. Daehyun and I walked together and I knew that today will definitely be a great day.

During recess, I saw the lonely boy daehyun sitting alone at the side, as usual. 

"Hey. Why don't you join the boys during recess? Don't you hate eating alone??"

"Actually, I am kinda afraid of them. They seems to hate me, their accents are a little scary too."

I looked at the message and looked at daehyun. 

"Are you kidding me?"

Before daehyun could reply, the teacher walked in and we slipped our phobes back into our pockets.

-after school- 

I laze on my couch while waiting for daehyun to reply. It glance at the clock, 5pm. I can't wait to have dinner. I walked into the kitchen and saw my mum preparing the ingredients for dinner. 

"come help me, you need to overcome your princess behavior and start learning how to handle raw meat."

I stared at the raw chicken, the head is still intact and I suppose mum would want me to clean the chicken and remove the head. I grabbed the chopper and the chicken head. I freaked out at how soft the chicken is and mum knew I would never be able to clean it. 

"fine, go slice the carrots and potatoes. we are making stew tonig-"

before she could finish her sentence, I dashed out of the kitchen as I heard my phone beep. It's daehyun.

"I know this is hard to believe, but the people here seems to hate me. Idk, maybe it's my accent or something."

Hmmm... I remember how the class seems to talk really loudy and everything, so I guessed daehyun might have misunderstood.

"they don't hate you. it's just the way they talk. They are really nice, trust me."

"but... what am I suppose to do?"