6.

Neighbors

 

"Park Chorong, you're late!", the teacher shouted at her when she entered the class with messy hair.

"Sorry!!!! I woke up late and-"

"I could tell, now get in the studio. Your partner has been working hard for your production."

"Sorry again, ssem!"

 

When she entered the studio, her partner's back was facing her.

And she swear he was one of the most model student she has ever since, like ever.

Chorong went on to poke him on the shoulder which he caught immediately.

"Oww, oww, oww.", her partner turned around still in his chair.

"You're late.", he gave her a look before letting go of her finger.

"I'm sorry, I woke up late.", she rubbed her finger then combed her hair while looking at the reflection.

Her partner sighed before motioning her to sit down and then clicked a button, "This is what I've come up with. Tell me what you think?"

Chorong nodded and listened attentively to what her partner had in store for her.

After about one minute, he pressed the stop button.

"It's not complete yet and I know it's not that good but-"

"Not that good? Are you kidding me? It's ing amazing!"

Shocked by his partner's reaction, "I-it is?"

And she nodded, "I've also thought of some moves we can add in, come on."

For the rest of the day, the two danced in front of the mirror with the music that Chorong's partner that has came up with.

 

---------

 

"I can't wait to see Chorong's partner. Aren't you excited too, Inyoung?"

Eunji was practically clawing into Inyoung's arm while the two head towards the studio.

Inyoung lightly pushed her hand away before rubbing her own arm, "You're over excited, Eunji."

Before they could go any further, Eunji pulled Inyoung back immediately.

"We're here!!!!!!", she peeped through the door to see Chorong and her partner dancing.

"And her partner is hottttttttttttttttt. He looks familiar too. Come see, Inyoung."

Inyoung then took a look in the studio, and yes, the guy was indeed familiar but his cap covered almost half of his face.

Chorong saw them in the reflection and went over to stop the music, "My friends are here. Hope you don't mind."

Her partner just shrugged before heading to the corner to grab his bag.

"You guys were so good.", the two friends walked in the studio with hands hooked.

"Thanks. Oh right, let me introduce you guys. Bang!"

Her partner looked up from his phone and the two's eyes widened.

"Isn't him the guy who performed then?"

"Yup! And he's name is none other than, Bang Yongguk. These two are my best friends. Eunji and Inyoung."

*Inyoung? It can't be that Inyoung, right?*, he then took off his cap and looked up.

"Yongguk?", his name fell out of Inyoung's mouth and her friends stared at her.

"It's really you."

"Wait, you two know each other?"

Yongguk stood up and walked over to them, taking Inyoung's hand, "Do you mind if I have a talk with her for awhile?"

"Yup, sure."

As they were on their way out, "Scream if you need us, Inyoung!"

 

They sat on a bench just outside of the building, with cool breeze blowing through their hair.

"I never thought I would be meeting you here.", Inyoung started and Yongguk looked at her.

"Remember when you told me you wouldn't be continuing your studies after you've graduated from high school?"

Yongguk laughed, "Yeah, I remember."

"What made you continue studying then?"

"After we moved, omma fell ill. And years of trying to get her treated, nothing worked.

She held on to my hand and told me to never give up my dream, which was to become a rapper.

She said she wanted to see my become a professional rapper from up there, and so here I am.

She passed away after attending my high school graduation."

He choked on the last few words and Inyoung handed him a packet of tissue, "There's no one here."

He lightly pushed back the tissue to her, "I'm fine. It's been some time."

"So, what do you wanna talk to me about that we have to dump Chorong and Eunji inside?"

"Well, I was feeling a little uncomfortable with so many girls around."

"You? Uncomfortable? With girls?", Inyoung couldn't help but laugh.

"What's so funny?"

"I mean, you're Bang Yongguk. You're a hip hop sensation in the school after that concert."

"Just so you know, I didn't really exactly liked the attention I was getting. Himchan did though, he enjoyed it way too much."

"Himchan?"

Yongguk nodded, "He's my best buddy, I should introduce you to him sometime."

"Sure. I feel like I don't know who you are anymore though."

"Well.", Yongguk then stood up and Inyoung stared at him.

He had his hand stuck out and Inyoung only stared at it.

"Let's pretend we didn't knew each other before and start knowing more about each other right now."

He waved his hand and Inyoung took it, "I'm Park Inyoung and I'm currently taking fine arts."

"I'm Bang Yongguk and I'm currently taking hip hop/rapping."

"Okay, now we can tell each other one thing about about ourselves. You go first."

"I may look like this but I'm actually really shy."

That made Inyoung laugh out, loud.

"You're kidding."

But when she saw the serious look on Yongguk's face, she knew he wasn't.

"Shy how?"

"I don't know. I'm just shy. Like I told you, the attention we've been getting after the concert. The girls started coming after me, I don't even know how many kilometers do I run around the school to avoid them."

"You're not shy, you're just scared, of girls?", that thought too made Inyoung laugh.

"Now it's your turn."

"Well, I stay near here."

"I know."

Inyoung stopped kicking the leaves under her feet and turned to Yongguk, "You what?"

"You're the new neighbor, I stay in the house beside yours."

"No way."

Yongguk nodded, "I've met your parents a few times. I'm surprised how your dad didn't recognize me though."

"So the person that I've-"

Yongguk raised a brow when Inyoung stopped talking, "Nothing."

"I think we should head back before the girls start coming after me and questioning me what did I do to you."

On their way back, Yongguk's curiosity got stronger and blurted out a question.

"Do you have a boyfriend?"

Inyoung stopped in her tracks then smiled before shaking her head, "No."

After turning the corner, Yongguk was not beside Inyoung anymore.

She turned and saw that he was standing still at where they stopped earlier.

She rolled her eyes before running towards him and giving him a slap on the chest.

"Day dreaming much?"

"Ouch, woman.", he rubbed his chest.

Then, Inyoung grabbed his hand which made his heart skip a beat.

"We have to hurry, Bang."

 

-------

 

Lol, I'm actually to match Yongguk's shy character here but it's kinda hard.

I'll try my best though.