10

Neighbors

 

"Bang!"

Yongguk turned to see Inyoung walking towards him.

"What's up, Inyoung?"

"I know you're mad at me. So,", she took one of his hand.

"What are you doing?"

"Slap me, whatever. Just don't get mad at me."

Yongguk raised a brow before swinging his hand right in front of Inyoung's face which startled her.

"What kind of man am I if I were to hit a woman. I'm not mad at you, I'm disappointed."

"Huh?"

"You haven't learnt how to prioritise your time yet, have you? When was the last time you've hung out with Chorong and Eunji?"

Now that Yongguk mentioned it, Inyoung can't even remember.

"You can't remember, can you? Inyoung, I'm not trying to stop you from spending time with your boyfriend but you've got to realise you still have friends."

"I-"

"I have dance practice with Himchan.", he walks past Inyoung.

"But Yongguk, I'm here so we could spend the day together.", she turns hoping he'll turn back too.

Yongguk stopped in his tracks but kept his vision to the door, "Maybe another day. Like what you'll always tell us."

And with that, Yongguk leaves the room.

 

\\

 

"Inyoung!"

Chorong and Eunji skipped into the classroom.

Inyoung turned to them and put a finger to her lips asking them to quiet down because she was on the phone.

"Hoya again?", Eunji mouthed and she nodded.

And the call never ended until about 30 minutes later.

"Alright, girls-", Inyoung turned around but Chorong and Eunji weren't there anymore.

She then found a note, "We're going for bowling and movie tonight with Yongguk, Himchan and some of their friends. I'll come and pick you up at 7!"

 

When Chorong reached Eunji's house later that night, Eunji came out of the house and shoved her phone to Chorong.

"She's ditching us again?", and looked at the text Inyoung sent.

"When does she never? She was the one who said that we should have at least one session every week, and she's the one who's bailing out on us again and again."

"I guess we have to try putting ourselves in her shoes that she has a boyfriend now."

"The hell, Chorong? When you had a boyfriend in the past, I never see you ditching on every outing I suggest."

"Let's give Inyoung some time, hmm? Maybe she'll realise it."

"Just maybe."

Chorong smiled and put her arm around Eunji's neck, "Let's go meet the boys and have fun! You'll get to see Daehyun~"

"Hey! He's just, well-"

"Handsome. Your prince charming.", Eunji blushed immediately and Chorong could only laugh.

 

 

 

 

"Parkkkkkkk Innnnnnnnyounggggggggggggg", Chorong sang as she and Eunji skipped towards the girl, who wasn't alone.

"And Hoya-sunbae, Hi."

"Hey!!!! I felt like I haven't seen you girls in forever."

"Well, that's because someone hasn't been hanging with us.", Eunji muttered loud enough only for Chorong to hear which she nudged her to stop.

"So, Inyoung~ Guess who's favourite musical is in townnnnnnn~"

Chorong then flashed out three tickets, "And we're bringing you!!!!!"

Inyoung looked at the tickets, "It's tonight?"

"Hell yeah it's tonight!"

"I, uhm, I have a date with Howon-oppa."

The smiles on Chorong and Eunji's face disappeared instantly.

Eunji stood forward about to say something but Chorong stopped her.

"Well, I guess we'll just find someone to go with us. Eunji?"

Eunji rolled her eyes, "What else can we do?"

"Have fun on your date!"

"Why didn't you tell her how difficult was it for us to get the tickets?! First row!!!!!!"

"And what? Tell her that she's always spending time to Hoya-sunbae and it's time to spend some time with us?"

"Yes?!"

"Eunji, you know that we have to try-"

"Oh, bull. You know Inyoung has already crossed the line, Chorong. It's like we don't even know her anymore."

Chorong went silent for awhile and Eunji looked at her.

"Why are you always on her side, Chorong?"

"I'm not, I just- I want her to be happy."

"Hold on. You like Hoya-sunbae, don't you?"

"W-what. What are you talking about?"

"Chorong, you like Hoya-sunbae. But because he's with Inyoung, you can't do anything. And it's all these 'If he's happy, then I am.' ."

B i n g o.

Eunji sighed, "When?"

"During orientation."

"No . That's way before Inyoung and Hoya-sunbae got together."

"They knew each other since they were kids, Eunji."

"Does that even matter? It's not how long you've known each other for to be able to fall in love with each other, Chorong."

"What do you suggest I do?"

"Tell him! Do something, I don't know."

"Are you crazy?! I don't wanna be the third party in their relationship."

"You'll only regret it in the future, Chorong. Just saying."

Just then, Daehyun was walking towards them.

"Daehyun!", Chorong shouted and he waved.

"I have an extra ticket to a musical tonight, are you free?"

Eunji's eyes widened when she heard Chorong asking him.

Daehyun smiled and nodded, "Yeah, I'm free. So, I'll see you girls at the theatre at 8?"

"You can thank me later.", she whispered into Eunji's ear.

 

//

 

 

"Inyoung, how about watching that movie you want tonight?"

"Oppa.", she suddenly turned to Hoya and Hoya's eyes widened.

"Is it okay that I spend some time with Chorong and Eunji tonight instead?"

"Something wrong?"

She smiled, "It's just, I haven't seen them in a long time."

"Of course, silly. You can spend time with them any time you want.", he ruffled her hair.

"You don't mind?"

"Why would I mind? It's not like you're cheating on me with some guy.", he laughed

Inyoung took out her phone and called Chorong, "Chorong? Are you and Eunji free tonight?"

"Maybe yes. Maybe not."

"I'm sorry."

"Why are you apologising?"

"Yongguk told me everything, he sort of scolded me earlier too. I wouldn't have realised it i he didn't. I'm really sorry, Chorong. And to Eunji too."

Then, she hear someone shouting somewhere near her and she was attacked by a strong hug.

"You're forgiven, Park Inyoung!!!!!!"

Inyoung turned around and Chorong ran over to hug her two best friends, "You're forgiven."

Inyoung was way beyond touched that she almost cried.