5.

Neighbors

 

"Let's go eat, Inyoung."

"Let's go find Chorong first then. You know the way to her building, right?"

Eunji nodded before hooking her arm with Inyoung's.

Inyoung was quite amazed by how the School Of Dance looked really different from her school, even though it's in the same campus.

"We're in the same campus?"

"I know it looks amazing. I heard the students helped to make everywhere, dancey.", the two giggled at the last word.

"Eunji-ah! Inyoung-ah!"

They looked up and Chorong ran towards them.

"Has your class ended?", they asked and she nodded.

"We can finally eat at our favorite place!!!!!!"

Eunji and Chorong skipped away and Inyoung watched while following them, with a smile on her face.

"Inyoung?", a familiar voice called her name and she turned.

"Howon-ah."

"What are you doing here?"

"My friend's a student here, and we're going to eat.", she pointed at Eunji and Chorong.

Howon's eyes followed and he waved at them.

"Did that hottie just waved at us?!", the two shrieked and Inyoung face palmed in her head.

Howon and Inyoung made their way to the two friends before she introduced them to him.

"So you're my senior?", Chorong asked and Howon nodded.

"Sunbae, do you wanna join us for lunch then? I have a lot of things I want to ask."

"Chorong!"

"Do you not want me to join, Inyoung?", Howon raised a brow and Inyoung blushed.

"It's not that. I mean, you can join us. I guess."

"Let's get going then!"

And the 4 of them squeezed into Chorong's small car.

 

"I would like to have a mac and cheese."

"Fish and chips for me."

The waiter turned to Inyoung, "And for you?"

"Hmm-"

"She'll have the bacon carbonara, less oil. I'll have the prawn aglio olio, please."

When the waiter left, Inyoung spoke.

"You remembered?"

Howon nodded, "How can I forgot what my favorite girl likes to eat?"

"Favorite. Girl?", Eunji said.

"Say, how do you two even know each other?"

"It was-"

"Let me tell the story."

 

-----

 

"Howon, there's someone we would like you to meet."

"Hmm?"

"Your appa is bringing his friend home for dinner today, and his friend has a daughter who is around your age. Aren't you excited to have someone to play with?"

Young little Howon nodded his head enthusiastically while showing his toothless smile.

*Ding, dong*

"THAT MUST BE APPA!"

Howon ran to the door and opened it, "Appa!"

"Howon-ah! How did you know it would be me."

"Omma said you're bringing a friend over for dinner and he has a daughter who is around my age. Does that means I would have a new friend?"

His father pat Howon's head, "Greet them first, Howon. Mr and Mrs Park."

Howon placed his two small hands on his stomach and gave a deep bow, "Annyeonghaseyo, Lee Howon imnida."

"Your son has really good manners.", the man who appeared to be Mr Park smiled and patted Howon on his head.

"I taught him really well. Where is your daughter?"

"Oh right. Inyoung-ah!"

"Yes, appa?"

A girl with hair flowing over her shoulders, in a dress hopped in and stood beside Mr Park.

"This is Park Inyoung, my precious daughter. Greet, Inyoung."

She bowed and smiled, "Park Inyoung imnida. It's nice to meet you."

Howon immediately caught her attention, "Are you Mr Lee's son that my appa was talking about?"

"Yes."

"I heard you're born in 1991, means you're my oppa. I can call you that, right?"

"Ehh? I guess so."

For the first time in his life, he felt shy and nervous while talking to a girl.

"I think they can play by themselves, let's head over to the kitchen then."

"Play well, Inyoung!"

"Neh, appa!"

Howon then brought Inyoung to their house's playroom.

"Wow, you have this in your house?"

He nodded, "But I don't have any siblings to play with, so it gets lonely even though it might look fun."

"I'm your friend now, aren't I? Can I come over and play with you from today onwards then?"

"Friend?"

She nodded, "Since our appas are friend, we are too, right?"

"That made sense."

"I will come over now and then to play with you then, oppa!"

He blushed when she called him oppa, it felt weird but yet, he liked it.

 

-----

 

"Yah, Park Inyoung! Stop hiding and come out right now."

Inyoung was hiding in a small space that was inside of Howon's room.

They were playing a match on the xbox when Hoya went to the toilet so he paused the game.

And when he was back, Inyoung had won him.

"I smell you, Inyoung."

His footsteps were getting closer and closer.

And there was a knock on the door, "I know you're in there, come out now."

"Promise you won't scold me first."

"I promise."

She slowly opened the door and Howon grabbed her shoulders, "We said fair play!"

"You promised you won't scold me!"

"I'm not! I'm- nevermind. Let's go back."

They finished playing the game and ended up having a draw.

It was past 10pm, and Inyoung's parents were on their way to pick her up.

"I'll see you again next week, right?"

"Next week?"

She nodded, "Our family dinner. We always have it weekly, did you knock your head or something, oppa?"

Howon bit his lip, "Inyoung-ah."

"Yes?"

"I won't be here next week."

"What are you talking about? Of course you'll be here."

"We're moving away. To Seoul."

She stopped tying her shoelace and looked up at Howon who was standing right in front of her.

"Stop joking, it's not funny, oppa."

"I'm not. We're moving. We've already started packing. Did you notice how the game room was half empty?"

Now that he mentioned it, Inyoung realized it was indeed half empty and she thought maybe they just decided to keep some of the things.

"Why?"

"Appa and omma want me to go a good high school. They found one in Seoul, and that's how we've decided."

"Why tell me now?"

"I wanted to tell you earlier, Inyoung. But when I saw how happy you were when we play together, I couldn't break the news to you. I couldn't stand to see you-"

Inyoung was now crying, "-like this."

Howon squatted down to Inyoung's height, "Look at me."

He lifted her chin and saw her tear filled eyes, "We're going to keep in contact, okay?"

"Who is going to play with me then?"

"You have Jonghyun-hyung, Lizzy and the rest! It won't be much different without me."

"It will make a lot of difference, Lee Howon!"

He stared at her with wide eyes, "Jonghyun-oppa and Lizzy are great but you're my best friend. How am I supposed to live without my best friend? Who am I going to tell my secrets to now?"

"Inyoung-ah."

"Inyoung-ah! We're outside. Come out whenever you're ready and we'll go home.", the two heard her appa's shouting.

"This is for you. I wanted to give it to you the day before I leave. But by the looks of it, this will be our last meeting, isn't it."

He took out a purple scarf which was really familiar.

"It's the one I always wear.", he put it around her neck before taking a look at it.

"Why are you giving me this? It's your favorite."

"So you can remember me forever."

"Oppa.", Inyoung touched the scarf and tears threatened to fall again.

He placed his hand on her cheek, "Take good care of yourself when I'm in Seoul, araso?"

She nodded and tried holding in her tears.

"Come here.", he stood up and pulled her along for a hug.

She rested her head on his shoulder before hugging him right and taking in his scent for one last time.

"You'll be fine, you're strong. I know that.", Howon rubbed her back and smiled.

She pulled back before Howon could continue with his words, "I'll be going now."

Inyoung opened the door and stepped out, then turned back.

"Howon-oppa."

"Hmm?"

She wiped her tears away and smiled, "I'll miss you."

And with that, she turned to go.

Howon stared at the closed door, "I'll miss you more, Park Inyoung."

 

-----

 

"Sunbae, can't believe you were that cheesy when you were young."

"Chorong!", Inyoung wanted to smack her friend over the table.

"Do you still keep that scarf then, Inyoung?", Eunji asked and everyone eyed her, including Howon.

"I think I do. I must have kept it in one of the boxes during the move."

Howon was slightly disappointed, but Inyoung didn't notice the look on his face.

"Anyway, girls. I have this upcoming assignment and we're working together with classes from the hip hop groups. And-"

"YOU'RE WITH A HOTTIE, AREN'T YOU PARK CHORONG?", Eunji said a little too loudly.

"I'm not telling. Come and see it yourself tomorrow after school. Both you and Inyoung."

The meal went on with lots of laughters and talks among the four.

And when it was time to go home, Chorong suggested taking all of them home.

"It's okay, my house is just around the corner."

Hoya then stepped out, "I'll send Inyoung home."

"Okay then. We'll see you tomorrow then.", the girls waved and left.

While the two walked towards Inyoung's house, Hoya spoke.

"Did you really misplace the scarf I gave you?"

"Hmm? I'm sure it's somewhere among the boxes, but I can promise you I didn't throw it away."

"That's good to hear."

"You're acting all weird, oppa."

"Inyoung-ah,"

"Oh, we're here! Told you I could've walked home by myself."

"That's fast."

"I should go in then, it's cold. You should go home quick, don't stay out! I'll see you soon. And thanks for sending me home, oppa!"

She waved and went into the house, leaving Hoya staring at the closed door before leaving.

 

---------

 

because this story is getting more likes, i will frequent update this more now

sorry for all the hiatus because, i couldn't think of how to write them :(

anyho, enjoy!!!