Struggle

The Queen & The Hunters

“How can you still alive…. Seungho-hyung?”

Joon stands still when he’s looking to the boy in front of him, the boy that he thought had died a long time ago. It had been many years since the days of his brothers’ death. On the other hand, the mysterious ones, has helped the oldest brother to stand up and more, he has a fixed stance already to run. “Who are you?” asks Jongkook in a low tone, shows that he’s almost unconcious. “This is impossible!” exclaims Seungri in anger.

It’s too shocking to the little brother that had believed all the way that his oldest brother has died. He can’t move at all like both of his feet are frozen already.

“Catch him!”

L, who is shocked with their sudden runaway finally follows them together with Seungri. “I won’t let you off!” said them in sync, leaving Joon who’s still frozen in his standing.

“Thanks for helping me,” said Jongkook to the young boy named Seungho. He finally let off the older’s hand after he said that. Seungho stays silent even the older man has thanked him. It seems like he’s too focus on the runaway more than talking. But, a cold-hearted man image doesn’t suit with him. He only nods and smiles a little as the reply of that thankful sayings.

###

This fast runaway was lead by the younger ones and he lead themselves to a cave together. Even worse, they’re stuck between the cold storm. The calm winter suddenly changed into bizzare, easily. The cave itself is quite far from the place where Jongkook and Jihyo met, but it still around the lake area.

Ironically, Jihyo who had ran since the Comrades found them, couldn’t be found. Her traces are also invisible.

“Hey, young man, can I ask you some question?” asks Jongkook to the mysterious boy who’s sitting close to the mouth of the cave. He doesn’t budge and still shows his back to the older one. “Go on, hyung,”

“Who are you? Why did you help me? I never saw you before around here,”

“You had heard my name from Joon,”

“Seungho?” and the mysterious boy slowly nods.

“Why did you help me, then?” he continues. “To make Joon… I mean… Changsun… to be on your side,”

Seungho embraces himself tightly to protect himself from the cold of the snow. It is too cold to be outside, but this bizzare somehow shows that the nature is protecting something from someone. On the other hand, Jongkook comes closer to him from behind and puts the jacket that Gwangsoo gave to him before, on him. “It’s okay, hyung! I’m not really needing it,” Seungho shocked by the thing that suddenly falls to his shoulder. “You are the one who’s more needing than me,”

“It’s okay, boy. I want to talk with you more, but you’re showing me that you won’t answer a lot question at all,” said the older brother and ended with a sigh. “Anyway, you’re somehow familiar for me. You rarely talk but listen more,”

Unknown by Jongkook, this boy is actually fighting with a pain that comes from inside. He is sweating even the condition is cold, luckily, the older brother didn’t see it or it could only make him worried about him more.

He’s looking around the cave and outside, seeing whether it’s already safe or still unsafe. There’s nothing outside and somehow, the older brother has fallen asleep again. It can be real sleep or another acting attempt by him.

He removes the jacket that Jongkook gave and returns it to him so he wouldn’t feel any cold.

“It’s tiring to change so long like this,” said Seungho.

The black cloth, once again, is used by him. But suddenly, something changes.

What if the reality is only illusion that we see?

“Mission done, Jiyong-a!” a familiar bass-voice is echoing from the cave, really different from medium-pitched voice that came before.

###

“Joon, what happened to you?”  

Lizzy comes right after another two comrades ran away to search Jongkook and Seungho. She is quite late because she must take care the base for a while. Right when she comes, she is greeted by the sight of Joon who’s sitting on the ground while embracing himself because of cold. Naturally, she pats his shoulder gently.

“Are you thinking of something again?” and he nods as reply.

Lizzy looks closer to Joon and her eyes are widened when she’s seeing that Joon’s eyes are looking normal. “Hey, are you sick?”

It seems that Joon is in the middle of unconcious and concious. His face is showing uncomfortable expression all the time.

“It’s hurt,”

“What’s hurting you? Don’t talk like human, Joon. It’s disgusting, you know,”

“Wait…” from her own words, Lizzy just realized that most fatal thing. “Are you Changsun, by the way?”

An expected answer is appearing. Joon answers it with a nod.

Right when he saw his old brother came to the life again, the half-side of this guy, the human’s side one was shocked and suddenly came to the surface. The truth that he had believed of his brothers’ dead and the fact was broken easily by the appearance of one of them, specially the one he adored the most, had called his human’s side, Changsun.  

“How come you’re awaken?!”

It’s a dangerous thing if the others comrades, L and Nana, know about it. They’re sadist when it comes to this kind of thing. “I may turn into heartless creature, but being heartless is actually a weak point, too, Lizzy-ssi,” said Changsun while smiling bitterly.

“When someone knows the reason why a creature become heartless and triggers that reason until it shocked it spines…. That’s a weak point,”

“Why are you talking like this?!” Lizzy becomes panic and confused suddenly. She’s terrified by those words because the last time she met Changsun, he wasn’t like the moment that she’s witnessing now. “I’m sorry, Lizzy… but, maybe you don’t know the fact… that… me… Changsun… and Joon… are almost the same…”

Changsun stands up suddenly while grabbing Lizzy’s hands. He strongly locks those hands. “Hey! Hey!” she tries to remove those hands, but he is way stronger than her.

“Sorry to treat you like this,”

He kicks Lizzy’s legs and removes her hand at the same time to make her fall. It’s a success because Lizzy can’t really concentrate. “I’m going!”

And now, he’s running to the forest deep as an attempt of a runaway. It’s easy because he doesn’t really get disturbed.

###

“It’s amazing that my half-side doesn’t lash out his anger like he usually does,”

He sees his surroundings. He is really in the forest deep, as far as he can see is trees that covered by thick white snow. Nothing’s special nor different.

Changsun-a.

“Joon? Is that you?”

A voice is suddenly echoing through his ears, it’s the voice that only he can hear. The voice is so similar like him, but Changsun knows that the owner isn’t him. Different and never have a chance to see each others’ even they’re on the same place as a camouflage. His half side, Joon, is finally greeting him.

Finally, we can talk with each other in ease.

“I feel glad,” said Changsun.

His half-side is the only calm half-side within all the half-side in The Clan. Joon is the most different even he was also born because of the vampiric power of The Queen. He lives with the same way of thinking like Changsun, that’s why he doesn’t become an opponent to the owner of the body itself.

I’m sorry that you should face them… but you know what happened to me right?

“It’s okay. I was just too shocked when I saw my brother again. It has been so long since their death, Joon,”

I hope they are happy whenever they’re now.

“Yeah…”

Changsun starts to walk again with guide from Joon, he really needs a guide to show him the right direction. The condition is too unfriendly for someone who doesn’t understand about the route so much. The storm is starting to appear again, even it wasn’t as strong as before. Everything’s turning white and the snow is instantly getting thicker, too.

Changsun-a, let’s change turn.

Joon is offering to change, but Changsun denies it easily.

At the same time, Joon feels something just passed around the forest, witnessing them closely. The strong magic power around the base, the forest, and the lake have grown stronger under someone’s influence suddenly. For Joon, it feels like there are a pair of eyes are looking his back closely from behind.

Changsun, it seems like we are in trouble.

“What?!”

###

On the other side, Gwangsoo and Joongki is looking around the base without knowing that their plan to release Jongkook and making him to be in a runaway to Old Seoul, already failed.

They’re trying to go to the main room which The Queen usually stays. “Is it okay?” asks Gwangsoo silently. “How come they aren’t go out even there is a prisoner in runaway?”

“Maybe, there’s something wrong here?” replies Joongki panickly.

It’s a shame, that you aren’t a great leader afterall.

The half-side of Joongki is starting to make noise again. “Gwangsoo-hyung! Help me!”

With all of his might and strength, he’s trying to overcome the stronger half-side of him. One of his hand grabs Gwangsoo’s hand tightly. Gwangsoo himself can feel how much Joongki tries to overcome him, the strength that he feels on his hand is extremely big. “Help me…”

The older one who has known this condition makes a fast action. He directs Joongki’s head so his eyes will look at him. “Listen to me, Joongki. Listen to me!”

I won’t believe at human, didn’t you ever say that kind of thing before?

Try to focus on my voice. Act like you only listen on my voice!”

You’re stupid if you believe at human’s side.

The louder the voice of Gwangsoo that he heard, the stronger Joongki’s will to grow and defeat him. The first step is to overcome and abadon his voice. “Joongki!” Gwangsoo is becoming more panic when he realized that Joongki’s eyes are changing rapidly, they’re red then brown, red then brown, continuously.

You aren’t as strong as me, Joongki.

“Joongki!” Gwangsoo calls him again. This time, his voice is louder for Joongki than his half-side. Gwangsoo really hopes that he can lead the younger to overcome his biggest fear. “You can beat him!” said him again. He knows how complicated is it if there’s no support from outside.

The second step to defeat the stronger half side is don’t ever give up. “I’m afraid, hyung. I’m afraid that I will sleep once again,” he’s kneeling down as his words are ended. He closes his own eyes and tries to attack him by words, but the half-side also won’t give up, they’re both attacking each other and this is such a massive horror to Joongki.

“I won’t give up on you, bastard,”

You had killed your own step brother by your hands! You’re the one who’s bastard, Joongki.

“Don’t judge me! All thing you can do until now… is borrowing my flesh right? You don’t have any true forms, you are only another conciousness of me who only own voice. You think you can defeat me? How if I kill myself? You will die too. You are parasite,”

Oh then, you are dare to suicide?

I won’t kill myself because I still have something to be done… You know ‘Reverse’, my other self?”

….you little bastard, Joongki. Do you think you can do that to yourself?

“Even I’m not the founder of it, I have modified it so I can use it on myself, too,”

“Joongki!”

Gwangsoo wonders what Joongki talks. He doesn’t talk with any sound, his mouth is keep moving silently. Through his face, Gwangsoo knows Joongki’s feeling. He was panic some moments ago, but then, as the coversation went by, it changes into confidence. “I’m success to freeze him… hyung!”

Joongki looks to Gwangsoo and smiles. He’s looking really happy.

“Congrats, Joongki!”

Finally.

 


 

Author's Note:

FINALLY!!!!!! if I update this on July, gosh, I (will) really mark that I have left this story for a year. I just realized that I made this story on 2012 and today, it's 2014 and I still haven't finished it. I deserve to be kicked right in the head for being so ignorance =___=

I really amazed at myself who still have a will of continuing this story, omg I'm proud of you /kicked again/ T___T

The Comrades are finally completed, they're Nana, Lizzy, L, and Joon. Woo-hoo! Well, well, this part is actually the turnaround from The Hunter's side to The Clan's side. You can expect to see more things about The Clan on the further updates~^^ Oh then, around 2-3 chapters again, I will officially reveal The Queen's identity! <3

Guys and for everyone who have stayed on subscriber list even you should wait so long, thank you, thank you! I love you so much T___T

-bbvc